Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockhaert

Jul 7, 2003
Which makes the 'tactical decision' to drop him a nonsense!

Tactical or not, CH was never going to come out and say anything different. Letting everyone know our business isn't the way the club works these days.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Opposition teams have been doubling up on Knocky all season. I'd like to see Hughton respond to that. He is our X Factor but not helped by two holding midfielders who never break forward, so not only is he crowded out but also lacks a passing option.

Jul 7, 2003
Opposition teams have been doubling up on Knocky all season. I'd like to see Hughton respond to that. He is our X Factor but not helped by two holding midfielders who never break forward, so not only is he crowded out but also lacks a passing option.

People keep saying Knocky is being doubled up on but that happened last year as well. It would help if he only tried beating his man once and got the ball in quicker.

However, the biggest issue at the moment is that he keeps drifting inside to the space where Stephens, Propper and Gross already are. Not only does it make it congested but removes the wide option. Quite often we have tried to switch from left to right only to find there is no right option as Knocky has gone walkabout. CH has had a go it him during games about this on a few occasions this season. He is very talented but I think he lacks the football brain needed to operate at the highest level.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
People keep saying Knocky is being doubled up on but that happened last year as well. It would help if he only tried beating his man once and got the ball in quicker.

However, the biggest issue at the moment is that he keeps drifting inside to the space where Stephens, Propper and Gross already are. Not only does it make it congested but removes the wide option. Quite often we have tried to switch from left to right only to find there is no right option as Knocky has gone walkabout. CH has had a go it him during games about this on a few occasions this season. He is very talented but I think he lacks the football brain needed to operate at the highest level.

Agree with this and on occasions he loses the ball and makes no effort to chase back sadly.
Looks a bit off the pace this season to be honest compared to last year.
I realise it’s a step up but he is finding it difficult to find his natural game so far. A rest may do him good and hopefully come back a better wiser player

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Again, I must be watching a different player, or have lower expectations of all our players, as I think we look a better TEAM when Knocky is playing. His defensive play has improved dramatically and he puts in a shift in games. We don’t have any stars at all so no idea why he is being singled out by so many of this thread. He was never going to replicate his Championship form but he has done well imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here