Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Recruitment team

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I would get in another centre back, more for competition for Dunk and Duffy, no offense to Hunnemeir or Goldson (who will hopefully get a loan) but, although good players don't seem to be pushing D&D for a starting spot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its simple - if we don't get a decent striker in we'll be relegated

No, it's not that simple - or not that black and white, if you prefer. If we don't sign a striker, our chances of staying up are reduced, but alternatively, we could just as easily buy a very good striker but still get relegated.
Remember, it was an absolute fact back in August that we'd be relegated by Christmas if we didn't get a striker in on or before deadline day. I'd still prefer it if we do get a decent striker in during January though.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The significance of the Summer failings have landed us here. Now we face the predicament of signing players on long contracts that could see us suffer financially if we go down. Norwich stuck Naismith on a 3.5 year deal as a panic buy in January that they are still paying off to this day while he sits in their reserves.

The players we could attract and be prepared to pay out for if we had done a little better are going to be different to those we will be after now. We now have to weigh quality with expense more strictly and potentially go after players up for a Championship scrap if worst case happens.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The significance of the Summer failings have landed us here. Now we face the predicament of signing players on long contracts that could see us suffer financially if we go down. Norwich stuck Naismith on a 3.5 year deal as a panic buy in January that they are still paying off to this day while he sits in their reserves.

The players we could attract and be prepared to pay out for if we had done a little better are going to be different to those we will be after now. We now have to weigh quality with expense more strictly and potentially go after players up for a Championship scrap if worst case happens.

Bloom will have to take that gamble.

Either that, or a good chance that the final few months will be a painful slog, offering so little creatively and offensively. The additional PL income stream is a must to keep the club viable.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
They'll be playing football manager 24 hours a day hoping to find the next George Weah.

We all know it's true.

We’ve already found him.

Ladies and gentleman....I give you.....Ezequiel Schelotto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Its simple - if we don't get a decent striker in we'll be relegated

Hopefully we won't follow Middlesbrough's example of desperately needing a striker, ending up with Gestede and Bamford, and then tumbling out of the league with one win post Christmas

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This.

Key fixtures in January.

Titting around on the 31st January, after the August debacle, would be incompetence.

Exactly, five matches in that early New Year period against teams also battling relegation and a repeat of Saturdays performance I think would see us on the road to relegation. Early team strengthening in this window is a must in my opinion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly, five matches in that early New Year period against teams also battling relegation and a repeat of Saturdays performance I think would see us on the road to relegation. Early team strengthening in this window is a must in my opinion.

Failure to do that, will hand TB a club with Championship income and parachute money for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here