Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see. I suppose that is marginally more skilful than a backing track. I'm certainly not his demographic but it seemed to result in the same thing being played over and over for an hour.

In essence it's a backing track he's creating live and on the fly. Nothing more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty much, I have seen many beat boxers create whole songs using this technique, it is much more impressive.

I mentioned in an earlier post that this technology has been around for some time and many artists use it and yeah good point about beat boxers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry been quite hard to keep up with the thread.

Hmmmm. Re-reading my post it comes across quite direct and curt. That wasn't my intention. No apology needed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have heard the odd Sheeran song, usually the same one over and over but never seen a full set. My goodness he is dull. Every song uses the same chord strum, literally every song. It even kept playing from a backing track when his hands were off the guitar!
Each dull song merging into the next. I'm surprised they allowed one man with a backing track to headline the Glastonbury festival. Poor effort.
How the F has he got so popular? It was absolutely dire.

In contrast, Metronomy were as per, absolutely top notch. What a band.

He uses a looper. So he records each track live and builds them up in layers so he doesn't use pre-recorded backing tracks. It's a bit more complex than that.

https://youtu.be/qX2eJsj9MiQ

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I see. I suppose that is marginally more skilful than a backing track. I'm certainly not his demographic but it seemed to result in the same thing being played over and over for an hour.

Marginally more skilful?

He created the whole thing live. Whereas a backing track is pre-recorded usually after multiple takes with overdubs and post production.

Man I'm not into his music, but let's not diminish what he did.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Glastonbury today, disgusting!

IMG_1458.JPG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Do we over-rate Royal Blood due to their local links?

The only reason I ask is that this morning I read the Guardian 'review' of Glasto online, and they didn't get a mention, which I thought a little odd.

I've just looked online and they also did a long 'as it happened' plus social media coverage of Friday, and once again nothing. Both articles have a lot about Kris Kristoffersson’s set, but nothing.

Odd... I thought.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Do we over-rate Royal Blood due to their local links?

The only reason I ask is that this morning I read the Guardian 'review' of Glasto online, and they didn't get a mention, which I thought a little odd.

I've just looked online and they also did a long 'as it happened' plus social media coverage of Friday, and once again nothing. Both articles have a lot about Kris Kristoffersson’s set, but nothing.

Odd... I thought.

"one of the only young British rock bands capable of commanding the Pyramid Stage"
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/24/glastonbury-katy-perry-craig-david-pop

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Glastonbury today, disgusting!

View attachment 86636

Hmm not sure if I believe that picture having been there and having been on the litter picking crew. Still hard work but this was the easiest by far of the five I've done, Pyramid stage cleared up within 3.5-5 hours each day. Market areas certainly better than before too as, we did a wander pick after. More punters being responsible and using bins, much less pissong in hedges, much fewer laughing gas cannisters. Sadly, still people leaving good stuff behind but I deliberately took less and walked out with 10 beers and a thermarest knock-off thank you very much.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Just got back couple of hours ago. For me one of the better but I am old now, took it easy just popping and seeing who I fancied. Wasn't actually looking forward to it because couldn't get campervan on East site as have done before and ended up at Bath and West show ground. What a result definitely book again if I go. Royal Blood brilliant, Radiohead shit got bored and went to West Holts for end of Diizzy, at least he entertains. Got annoyed at politics being brought in with Corbyn, kids with "I still hate Thatcher" t shirts who were not even born when she was in power. Sounded like Hitlers Nuremberg rallies just a different stance. Foos superb and Biffy. Got in early for Killers nearly riots when they closed it off, people scrambling through the hedges etc. Gallagher ok but getting loads of abuse Kaizers doing what they do entertain. Loads of Brighton flags, Spent the rest of the time getting pissed and listening to people I've never heard of and probably never will again. Back to work tomorrow.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Hmm not sure if I believe that picture having been there and having been on the litter picking crew. Still hard work but this was the easiest by far of the five I've done, Pyramid stage cleared up within 3.5-5 hours each day. Market areas certainly better than before too as, we did a wander pick after. More punters being responsible and using bins, much less pissong in hedges, much fewer laughing gas cannisters. Sadly, still people leaving good stuff behind but I deliberately took less and walked out with 10 beers and a thermarest knock-off thank you very much.

Toilets were a bloody site cleaner this year as well

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just got back couple of hours ago. For me one of the better but I am old now, took it easy just popping and seeing who I fancied. Wasn't actually looking forward to it because couldn't get campervan on East site as have done before and ended up at Bath and West show ground. What a result definitely book again if I go. Royal Blood brilliant, Radiohead shit got bored and went to West Holts for end of Diizzy, at least he entertains. Got annoyed at politics being brought in with Corbyn, kids with "I still hate Thatcher" t shirts who were not even born when she was in power. Sounded like Hitlers Nuremberg rallies just a different stance. Foos superb and Biffy. Got in early for Killers nearly riots when they closed it off, people scrambling through the hedges etc. Gallagher ok but getting loads of abuse Kaizers doing what they do entertain. Loads of Brighton flags, Spent the rest of the time getting pissed and listening to people I've never heard of and probably never will again. Back to work tomorrow.

Politics at a CND festival? Whatever next.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here