Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Odds Tracker

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
We're annoyed when Leeds shade a win against Blackburn saying they got lucky. Think how they must have felt seeing us get wins against Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday etc. Somehow we attribute those wins to our team spirit and togetherness but we view other teams wins as lucky! Come on people, lets face it, the likes of Leeds and probably Reading will fight us for those top two spots to the end. Getting something out of tonight is key otherwise it could spell a bit of panic and provide Leeds and Reading with a big lift. Win tonight and they will be deflated again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're annoyed when Leeds shade a win against Blackburn saying they got lucky. Think how they must have felt seeing us get wins against Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday etc. Somehow we attribute those wins to our team spirit and togetherness but we view other teams wins as lucky!
You're just looking at the final score. Both managers last night said Leeds were lucky to win. Also look at Leeds and Reading's E ratings - they've been sneaking wins all season:

2017-01-28-ch-sparklines.png

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Huddersfield are 100-1 winners today and Leeds 33-1 yesterday. Have £20 on both. £5 on Reading at 80-1 this morning.
Now to try and bring us and Newcastle into the equation.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Huddersfield are 100-1 winners today and Leeds 33-1 yesterday. Have £20 on both. £5 on Reading at 80-1 this morning.
Now to try and bring us and Newcastle into the equation.

What company are you getting those odds from? for example Reading are 37-1 at Betfair and Huddersfield are 33-1!

edit: Just looked on oddschecker and saw they are at different bookies!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Given the run Reading have been on I am surprised their odds are as high as that. All it needs is a couple more defeats for Newcastle and us and they will be right in the mix, the odds would tumble then.

Not saying it will happen though, but nonetheless there is a good bet there for someone.

Given the run Reading have been on I am surprised their odds are as high as that. All it needs is a couple more defeats for Newcastle and us and they will be right in the mix, the odds would tumble then.

Not saying it will happen though, but nonetheless there is a good bet there for someone.

Agreed. If we were in their position we would be wetting ourselves at the odds available to us

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. If we were in their position we would be wetting ourselves at the odds available to us

Exactly this. It's an odd one really because given that both us and Newcastle have not looked very convincing in games (albeit generally winning them), you would have to say we are both due a losing run. I understand why Newcastle and us are clear favourites but Reading should be more like 10-1 now I'd say, and Leeds 12-1. For them to both have such generous odds suggests their own support is not yet lumping on them large like perhaps we might be?

Exactly this. It's an odd one really because given that both us and Newcastle have not looked very convincing in games (albeit generally winning them), you would have to say we are both due a losing run. I understand why Newcastle and us are clear favourites but Reading should be more like 10-1 now I'd say, and Leeds 12-1. For them to both have such generous odds suggests their own support is not yet lumping on them large like perhaps we might be?

Yes, more a case of the bookies needing to balance their books to offset the money taken on Newcastle and us. Also Leeds to a point. I don't really rate them with that much of a better chance than Reading (a bit better, yeah) but not half the price. Again, there a one or two more Leeds fans around than Reading so more would have had a bet on them.

Take the emotion out of football wagering and there is always some value to be found.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There's no e/w on offer on second place. That would decimate the odds by over 5 times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ch-probabilities-2017-02-05.png

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
When you look at this you can see that around 3 bad games now would put us back to where we were last year - and from this point on last year the trajectory was very good. There's a long way to go yet....

Yup. We'd do well to finish this season as well as last season. Personally I suspect we will finish in the low 90s, with around 2 or 3 more points than last season. Also worth noting that Reading and Huddersfield are both 1 point behind our total at the same stage last season. Leeds are 3 points behind. So they'd all need to finish the season better than we did last year to finish with 89 points or more.

Correction: Huddersfield are 2 points ahead of what we had after 29 games last season.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Top 2 Odds:-

Newcastle 1/10
Us 1/5
Hudds 8
Leeds 9
Reading 12

33/1 Bar

So, it's approx 3/1 that we don't get automatic promotion. Usual price with 2 outcomes, when odds are 1/5 for one. Bookies obviously fancy us :)

Only thing for pretty much certain is that top 2 will be from those 5 teams priced up in that market. Hopefully we are one of them, and confirmed before we play at Villa on May 7th...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here