Holla 6
Gardner 5
Lua lua 6
Baldock 4
Tex 5.5

Colunga 5
Mc court 5.5
O Grady 4

The manager looks lost, system's ruining us & we have no strikers. Enthusiastically looking forward to Barber's next letter to NSC

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Stockdale - 4 - Didn't think he could do much with the first as they 3 on 1 so he was waiting for us to recover. 2nd was awful. Worst game for us.
Calderon - 5
Bennett - 4 - Worst game for us.
Greer - 6 - Mistake for first but scored to make up for it.
Dunk - 5
Holla - 5 - Very quiet but not sure why he was subbed. Worst game for us.
Gardner - 5 - Thought he should have been subbed.
JFC - 6
KLL - 5 - Stop turning inside everytime please.
Tex - 4 - Worst game for us.
Baldock - 5 - Too short for this division. Lay one on a plate for him and he can't even strike it??? Unlike Tomlin

COG - 5
McCourt - 6
Colunga - 6- Actually looked livelier than the rest.

What has happened during the international break? For so many players to have an off-day, very worrying signs that SH has lost them.

Yet again 2 individual mistakes lead to 2 goals. Dunk could possibly have given them a 3rd. All a team has to do is defend in numbers and wait for us to make mistakes.

Ref, if you had played advantage in the first minute their centre back would have seen red for pulling back Baldock. Although D'Urso would have probably bottled that. However another example of things just not going our way at the moment. This happens when team spirit is very low. And it is very low :(

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale - 5

Calde - 6
Greer - 6 Would have been an 8 if not been at fault for goal
Dunk - 7
Bennett - 6

(back 4 horribly exposed by tactics)

Holla - 5
Gardener - 5
JFC - 6

Tex - 5 bullied out of game
KLL - 6
Baldock - 4 Wrong system and looks lost

McCourt - 6
COG - 6
Colunga - 4

Sami - 3 Been sold a pup with this squad but doesn't help himself by playing stupid tactics with the wrong players

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It is ridiculous that we are now four seasons at the Amex, having teams visit and put in a simple, defensively disciplined, performance, and we still have no answer for it. None. We don't attack with the pace necessary to catch a the opposition out of position, we don't have the creativity or incisiveness to work it through them. This year, we also seem to be making more errors ourselves meaning for visitors to the amex that if they show a bit of discipline at the back, a bit of patience and you'll get your chance to get a goal or two and steal some points.

We need to address this. I don't know what it needs, whether it means a bit more (albeit more cultured) long ball when countering, more pace, a better work rate, a different formation, new players who have more creativity, or for our players to show a bit more courage to try something different (and I don't mean shooting from distance because you don't know how else to get in behind them).

Stockdale 4 - I think he was at fault for the second goal. My friends disagree. For me, if you can't hold onto the ball when you're that close to the post, it should go out of plpay, not back to the feet of the opposition and then go through you.
Calderon 5
Greer 5.5 - Yeah, he got a goal and that is why his mark isn't lower, but his long balls in the first half were all over the place, he was at fault for the first goal, repeatedly struggled when put under pressure. A bad day for him
Dunk 5
Bennett 5 - Lovely bit of quick feet to take the ball into the area doing the best he could in the circumstances
Holla 5
JFC 6
Gardner 4.5
Teixeira 5.5 - what has become a typical Teixeira performance, some great play, some bad play
Baldock 5 - I'm not sure he had a chance to show what he could do, especially first half as he had to watch ball after ball sail too far away from him for him to do anything with
Lualua 5.5 - While he didn't use his pace to terrify the opposition, I did like seeing him track back and put some effort into defending, with some good challenges

McCourt 5.5 - Seemed to take a while to settle into the team after coming on early, playing a part in the goal.
O'Grady 5.5 - Did his best to hold the ball up making a few more of our attacks stick
Colunga 5 - Played a part in the goal

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 5 Unlucky with the second goal, not at fault for the first

Calderon 6 got into some great positions but ignored
Greer 5 Only 5 would have been 4 but for his goal. His mistake for the first goal and repeatedly passed to ball to a player surround by Boro players when Calde was in acres of space.
Dunk 6 decent game
Bennett 5 couple of errors but average

Holla 5 unlucky to get subbed imo
Forster-Caskey 6 did what he could in limited space when players weren't getting into position
Gardner 5

Teixera 5 Boro were determined to kick lumps out of him so he didn't get the chance to do much
Baldock 4 his positioning is poor
Lua Lua 5 why does he get the ball and then wait for defenders to surround him? He can run with the ball and beat them, so why doesn't he?

Subs;

Mccourt 7 Had a go and won tackles - the only player who cheered me up today
O'Grady 6 held the ball up well and had a couple of shots on goal
Colunga 5

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm nowhere near the doom mongers and naysayers tonight.

Stockdale 5 Will feel he should have done more with both goals, but very quiet afternoon generally. At least the distribution is good!
Calderon 6 Willing runner and worker, didn't really happen for him in his incredible boots.
Greer 6 His worst game of the season in terms of misplacing passes/general errors - but a good goal and he can't be blamed for players missing.
Dunk 5 Another sloppy back header which nearly cost us a goal, and hit a few out of play. His worst game, but defeat not his fault.
Bennett 6 Neat and tidy, gets forward well. Had problems with Adomah but every left back in the league will have the same problems with him.
Holla 5 Not involved really, a couple of good corners and then a couple of shockers. Not his usual bustling self.
Gardner 6 Scuffed the chance early in the game which would have set us on our way. No significant impact on the game.
Forster-Caskey 7 Honestly don't know what more he needs to do. Neat and tidy, keeps the ball ticking over and adds balance. Massively under-rated.
LuaLua 5 Hiding in a central area as always, his only impact came when he was wider.
Teixiera 6 A couple of nice touches and dribbles but given a damn good kicking.
Baldock 4 Looks a bit like Nicky Forster on the pitch, but doesn't score the goals. Out of his comfort zone in our striker-butchering tactics.

Subs
McCourt 6 Absolute cult LEGEND. Mazy dribbling, slicing the ball out of play for no reason... the man is a class above.
O'Grady 3 The smallest big man in the game. Anyone got Adebayo Akinfenwa's number? SOS.
Colunga 6 Actually looked good when he came on, buzzing around like a good'un.

Aitor Karanka 10 Credit where it is due. He knew how we were going to play, and he had the (no longer) Bearded Adam Clayton crush Kaz out of the game in central positions, and then had Teixeira battered out of the game. Adomah staying high to catch out Bennett also worked like a dream and his centre backs won't have an easier striker to manage all season. They were so much more organised and disciplined today it was almost painful to watch - that's our team from a couple of years ago and they might be equipped to go all the way, considering they've got Kike and Tomlin in tandem all season, unlike our signing of an unfit Ulloa in January to spearhead us to fourth. Middlesbrough will be in the top 2 this season.

To counter your rather generous summing up

Stockdale 2 That's the goals you let in mate. Fail
Calderon 4 Tried but legs are going but still better than Mr Liability. Fail
Greer 2 Terrible spent too long kicking a football with a third world team. Forget his goal the one he caused set the game. Did nothing as a captain. Fail
Dunk 5 Best player on the park for us but so could have been my dog. Pass
Bennett 3 Too light weight, failed to deliver one single cross, can't defend and spends too long on the ball then loses it! Fail
Holla 4 Not influential. Fail
Gardner 3 Only noticed he was there when booked. Fail
Forster-Caskey 1 Being able to complete a 5 yard pass backwards or sideways doesn't make for good watching. Never creates anything other than frustration. I think back to the players who have played his role over the years. Fail
Lua Lua 2 run about a bit fell over laid there got up moaned, nothing else of note. Fail
Texiera 2 Lightweight
Baldock 0 You need a cunning plan mate. Fail

Subs

Couldn't be arsed.

Dreadful from the manager, coach and team. Relegation material.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Stockdale 2, give Walton a chance
Greer 2, at fault for 1st goal, boy are we missing Upson
Dunk 4 should have fought to keep Upson, this should have been the center-half pairing
Jfc 0 - Can not score as he was not on the pitch, oh hang on, bugger..... For gods sake drop him and play Ince!
Bennett 3
Calderon 6 MOM
Holla 3 But, why was he taken taken off at half time, not his best 1st half but far better than Jfc
Gardner 2 - Just awful
Lua lua 4
Baldock 3 - hmmmm
Tex 3 - Clattered, the med team took ages in discussions between themselves before taking him off, despite Calerdon telling them that Tex was not right.
Paddy - 5 for his dazzling run and shot in the 2nd half.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
KLL and Dunk best players today. Holla was unbelievably bad. Stockdale decision making dreadful.

JFC had a decent first half but tired in the second and was ineffective when he was taken off.

McCourt played too deep for some reason but some lovely balls played through at times.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
To counter your rather generous summing up

Stockdale 2 That's the goals you let in mate. Fail
Calderon 4 Tried but legs are going but still better than Mr Liability. Fail
Greer 2 Terrible spent too long kicking a football with a third world team. Forget his goal the one he caused set the game. Did nothing as a captain. Fail
Dunk 5 Best player on the park for us but so could have been my dog. Pass
Bennett 3 Too light weight, failed to deliver one single cross, can't defend and spends too long on the ball then loses it! Fail
Holla 4 Not influential. Fail
Gardner 3 Only noticed he was there when booked. Fail
Forster-Caskey 1 Being able to complete a 5 yard pass backwards or sideways doesn't make for good watching. Never creates anything other than frustration. I think back to the players who have played his role over the years. Fail
Lua Lua 2 run about a bit fell over laid there got up moaned, nothing else of note. Fail
Texiera 2 Lightweight
Baldock 0 You need a cunning plan mate. Fail

Subs

Couldn't be arsed.

Dreadful from the manager, coach and team. Relegation material.
Nail on head -------made me smile mate

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Lua Lua 5 why does he get the ball and then wait for defenders to surround him? He can run with the ball and beat them, so why doesn't he?

Glad it wasn't only me .. every time he got the ball I was yelling "run" but he just waited until surrounded then tried his trademark pirouette

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stockdale 5. Fatal hesitation for first goal. Confidence looks shot
Greer 6
Dunk 7
Jfc 5.5
Bennett 5.5
Calderon 6
Holla 6
Gardner 5
Lua lua 6
Baldock 4
Tex 5.5

Colunga 5
Mc court 5.5
O Grady 4

The manager looks lost, system's ruining us & we have no strikers. Enthusiastically looking forward to Barber's next letter to NSC

Pretty much nails it for me, except I'd switch the OGrady and Colunga marks around.

+1 for Barbers next letter too.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

It looked like it was Gardner that was doing this and not JFC, i think you may have confused the pair of them.

Plenty of forward passes from JFC in the centre of the pitch where he was playing, Gardner was out wide a lot more and seemed to just pass back to Greer or backwards a lot when he could have played an easy ball forward to Calde who was ahead of him and hugging the touchline and in space, preventing a quick attacking opportunity and allowed the oppositions defence to regroup.

JFC and Gardner are silimar in appearance, the numbers look similar and they wear the same colour boots

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale 4 Want to like him, but can't ATM
Calde 5
Dunk 6
Greer. 6
Bennett 5.5
Holla. 5. Not one of his best games
JFC. 5.5 Sadly the best midfielder today
Gardner 3.5. He was just a little bit awful
Tex. 6.
Lualua. 5.5
Baldock. 5. Made a lot of runs, but nothing produced

Subs:
Paddy 5.5
O'Grady 5
Colunga. 4

First 2 mins: Good
Next 43: Poor
Next 5: Good
Next 35: Awful
Last 10: Exciting

Overall: Not great

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
JFC and Gardner are silimar in appearance, the numbers look similar and they wear the same colour boots

And even the same kit though with the standard of passing it may not be so apparent,eh?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008

The rest of their kit is also similar and to ensure that there was no identity confusion between the pair of them they both played awful today.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Boro did a job on Tex and KLL by doubling up on them and forced making it much harder for them to show their talent.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale 5 - oh dear
Calderon 6 - found a lot of space. Sadly he was rarely found by his teammates
Dunk 7 - MOTM
Greer 4 - gash
Bennett 5 - see above
Holla 6 - I don't think Hyppia has a CLUE what his best side is. Holla was inexplicably dropped for Watford but Ince played well (bar the mistake in the wall). Why reinstate Holla? Even more baffling, why take him off at half time today and leave us with a powder puff midfield of Gardner, JFC and McCourt? The system relies so heavily on the defensive midfielder covering the fullback (or the centre half if he is covering the fullback). Clueless management
Gardner 5 - Does not offer enough
JFC 4 - been a big fan of him this season. Not today
Texeira 5 - got a kicking but I question his mental toughness
KLL 6 - the usual mix of pace, power, poor decision making and no end product
Baldock 5 - missed a decent chance but had very little service. I pity him
Subs:
McCourt 5.5 - glimpses of his sublime, but just glimpses
O’Grady 5 - had his moments
Colunga 5 - offered nothing

Hyppia 4 - outhought, one dimensional, on borrowed time

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Jake Forster-Caskey was playing? I'm shocked, I really am. I watched 70 minutes of the stream and I thought he was suspended today. That's how good he was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here