Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would feel I need to find my CV and make sure it's up to date

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Look, I haven't said much up to now, but I believe in the European "plan" on a philosophical level. I believe that Europe is an entity in the way the US is an entity, and that, for example, Utah would have felt a bit daft now if it had ( if it could have) opted out of the US experience.

I believe that the French minister who said we would be no better than Guernsey is correct - though of corse Guernsey is a lovely little backwater if you've ever been there.

I think little englanders should reflect on what we could be, rather than what we once were, and we COULD be a leader in Europe,once the initial hiccups of Union are overcome. The California of a strong Europe rather than a small and insignificant pip off the coast of the European mainland, waiting for scraps from the Eurotable. The EU is very young in political terms, and it would be fools who wish to give it up now.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Look, I haven't said much up to now, but I believe in the European "plan" on a philosophical level. I believe that Europe is an entity in the way the US is an entity, and that, for example, Utah would have felt a bit daft now if it had ( if it could have) opted out of the US experience.

I believe that the French minister who said we would be no better than Guernsey is correct - though of corse Guernsey is a lovely little backwater if you've ever been there.

I think little englanders should reflect on what we could be, rather than what we once were, and we COULD be a leader in Europe,once the initial hiccups of Union are overcome. The California of a strong Europe rather than a small and insignificant pip off the coast of the European mainland, waiting for scraps from the Eurotable. The EU is very young in political terms, and it would be fools who wish to give it up now.

Initial hiccups we've been in it since the mid 70s how much longer does it need to know it is failing

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I must have been very mistaken then... I sure Mr Murdoch has only the highest altruistic values at heart when he uses his media company to politely encourage the free people of the UK to throw off the oppressive shackles of EU domination, it's obviously quite absurd to suggest that Brexit will be in his interests personally or professionally in any way.

I feel deeply ashamed that I might even think for a split second that directing his editorial staff to construct and publish arguments for Brexit in editorials while trying to report even-handedly on the forthcoming vote could constitute an attempt to skew the vote for his own advantage. It seems obvious now that this is just the work of a benevolent father figure merely guiding the hot headed youth of today in the direction that is needed for the good of the country. :rotlf:

He publishes his newspaper day,day out and has done come fire,famine,referenda,etc.How is backing Brexit with one of his titles making him any more money than usual.Do try to answer the question when you've got up.You Remainers follow the party line,and never answer a question.Now if you bother answering,you will ask a question about experts,or say Brexit haven't got a plan,or you're all little englanders.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I know respect is at an all time low in modern society but he holds a pivital position in the french government. He isnt a clown. He is making a perfectly plausible statement. If we want to trade then we will contribute to the eu budget (and will also have to have freedom of movement for labour). Best close your eyes and ears though

What,that Britain will be like Guernsey if we leave?The bloke is not just a clown,he's an incompetent clown,totally incapable of proposing a realistic plan to rescue the French economy from its downward spiral.I have no idea what a pivit is-a french vegetable?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What,that Britain will be like Guernsey if we leave?The bloke is not just a clown,he's an incompetent clown,totally incapable of proposing a realistic plan to rescue the French economy from its downward spiral.I have no idea what a pivit is-a french vegetable?

Very good. Your even dumber than i thought

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
If the vote is to Leave, then I will seriously consider moving to another country.

Plenty of space in Syria to name but one depleted land for you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He publishes his newspaper day,day out and has done come fire,famine,referenda,etc.How is backing Brexit with one of his titles making him any more money than usual.Do try to answer the question when you've got up.You Remainers follow the party line,and never answer a question.Now if you bother answering,you will ask a question about experts,or say Brexit haven't got a plan,or you're all little englanders.

I'm sorry, I have already explained so many times and if you can't get it by now I'm not going to break it down for you in crayons. Let it go.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Absolutely gutted. I started this process being ambivalent about the EU, but having read so much, educated myself about it during the campaign, I've come to learn how positive our EU membership is for the UK, and about all the good it does. So yeah, pretty gutted

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum?

You know what? I have absolutely no idea! What a wonderful day!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I ticked 'Other'.

There have been some good arguments in favour of Brexit, one or two of which I would make myself. But given that it was the hugely over-egged immigration issue that apparently swung it for large numbers of voters, and given the xenophobia that has been the subtext of much of the Out campaign at local level, I am afraid that my feeling this morning is utter shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here