Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We are mathematically pretty much safe.

This is nonsense.

We are EIGHT points above the bottom three. Newcastle win two games, and Saints and Burnley keep up their recent good form, and we could soon be dragged very much into the mix.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Our U23s will NEVER be ready unless they are played at some point in the PL. We may not be in a position to put them in there by choice at the moment (Hughton's choice anyway, and I accept he knows more than I do) - but paying £10M to avoid letting them have a chance in the event of Stephens, Propper, Kayal and Bissouma all being injured or suspended at the same time? No!

That would be sheer stupidity.

He is just not ready yeat Chris has said he is VERY promising but would only ever be behind Kayal as a sub for that game. So seems he thinks as I do that he isnt at that level yet. I am sure Chris will give him his chance when he is.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
This is nonsense.

We are EIGHT points above the bottom three. Newcastle win two games, and Saints and Burnley keep up their recent good form, and we could soon be dragged very much into the mix.

Agreed we are ahead of where we need to be but cant be complacent. We play Man U next and after that we will need to get some more points in the bag to feel so confident.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He is just not ready yeat Chris has said he is VERY promising but would only ever be behind Kayal as a sub for that game. So seems he thinks as I do that he isnt at that level yet. I am sure Chris will give him his chance when he is.

Yes, when did I ever say he was ahead of Kayal - or any of our other CMs? I didn't - but if we are hit by multiple injuries or suspensions we might have to give him a game - paying £10M to get in another 5th.choice to make sure we didn't have to put him in would be stupid.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is nonsense.

Spot on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All of those clubs need to win 3 games MORE than we do to overtake us.

Maths not a strength for you either, then, BG?

Next you'll be telling us Dunk is worth £10M again! LoL!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, when did I ever say he was ahead of Kayal - or any of our other CMs? I didn't - but if we are hit by multiple injuries or suspensions we might have to give him a game - paying £10M to get in another 5th.choice to make sure we didn't have to put him in would be stupid.

Hmmm... maybe the proposed new guy brings something we haven't got at the moment?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I wouldn't let any of our Development Squad players anywhere near the 1st team until, if they are considered good enough, they have had a good season or two out on loan to another Football League club first. That is exactly what the likes of Christian Walton, and the two Ben's White and Barclay, amongst others, are doing at the moment.

To my mind throwing them straight into the 1st team squad equates to utter madness.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maths not a strength for you either, then, BG?

Next you'll be telling us Dunk is worth £10M again! LoL!

8 points above the 3rd bottom with a superior GD so 9 points extra required which is 3 wins more than we get = 9 points.

12 months ago Dunk would have been valued at about £10m, Fulham apparently oiffered £5m, but as I have said many times he has improved beyond recognition this season and as such his value will have risen.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
With football prices going crazy and Dunk's improvement over the last 2 years I would want 40 million for him. Worth every penny too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
8 points above the 3rd bottom with a superior GD so 9 points extra required which is 3 wins more than we get = 9 points.

Moving the goalposts as always. I mentioned 'Newcastle, Saints and Burnley', and you responded that 'ALL those clubs need to win three more games than us to catch us'.

They don't.

12 months ago Dunk would have been valued at about £10m, Fulham apparently oiffered £5m,.

Utter drivel. Not even worthy of a response.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

12 months ago Dunk would have been valued at about £10m, Fulham apparently oiffered £5m, but as I have said many times he has improved beyond recognition this season and as such his value will have risen.

10m for a Premier League CB who is an ever-present ? Seriously ?? 12 months ago we would not even have bothered answering a £10m enquiry for Dunk, so I very much doubt Fulham came forward with a timewasting £5m bid. Where did you hear that ?

And he hasn't improved "beyond recognition" this season at all. He was immense the season we just missed out on promotion, even better when we went up, and has since proved that he can more than handle the step-up to the PL. Thats not a sudden improvement over the space of a year, its been a gradual process. He's been a lynchpin of the team for 3+ years now.

£10m was a bonkers valuation at the time you announced it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here