Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shots on target

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
We seem to be getting pelters from the Liverpool leaning national media pundits for not having a shot on target yesterday. However I seem to remember a Gross effort from about 9 yards out being blocked by Fabinho - do blocked shots not count? Or was it going wide? Genuine question.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We seem to be getting pelters from the Liverpool leaning national media pundits for not having a shot on target yesterday. However I seem to remember a Gross effort from about 9 yards out being blocked by Fabinho - do blocked shots not count? Or was it going wide? Genuine question.

I thought the same. It Looked on target

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Suits the media to say how great and professional Liverpool are stopping little old Brighton having a shot and the Ian Wright can quote the same stuff and say we should have gone mental at them and surprised them with a 1-1-8 formation and taken the game to them. We all know Dunk could have had Salah Firmino and Mane on his own.
But yes it was on target and was a very good block.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Don’t care one bit what they’re saying - we gave a decent account of ourselves yesterday and shows how far we’ve come when I left feeling disappointed that we’d lost because Liverpool rarely opened us up, if at all (and no complaints about the penalty but bloody frustrated at the biased officials over the 90 mins)

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
There was also an attempted cross from Gross that would have gone into the net if the ‘keeper hadn’t caught it. Does that count?

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
According to Opta a shot on target is not counted if the player making the block isn’t the last man

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Liverpool 3 shots on target one of which was a penalty, impressive from the league leaders

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I may have my very biased blue and white specs on here but it seemed to me that the officials were looking for reasons to halt our attacks :lolol:

Oh and Ian Wright has achieved just what as a Premier League manager.....?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Might have been a different story if only our front man could learn to head towards the ground when in front of goal and not over the top of everything.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I am sure one of Buttons goal kicks was going in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Even those that hit the post aren't included as on target and yet one going at two miles an hour straight at the goalie are...''stats'' only tell part of the story

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Might have been a different story if only our front man could learn to head towards the ground when in front of goal and not over the top of everything.

Yeah Glenn had a really good chance early in the game, a free header too. Normally he would have scored from that chance, somehow though he didn't manage to get over the ball, and his header went way over the bar.

No goal in his last six games now, a bit of a worry perhaps?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Even those that hit the post aren't included as on target and yet one going at two miles an hour straight at the goalie are...''stats'' only tell part of the story

If a shot/header hits the post and doesn't go in, how could it be on target.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here