Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mo Salah

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Showing off in your expensive cars and putting lives at risk is being a good role model?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-police-liverpool-footage-using-mobile-phone/

Odd type of role model.

Technically illegal, but he was sat in traffic at the time (not moving) - as opposed doing 143mph down the outside lane playing candy crush and texting hookers....

Not saying I like the bloke, but he didn't do anything twatty today apart from take his time - which any of our players would have done in the same situation.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Technically illegal, but he was sat in traffic at the time (not moving) - as opposed doing 143mph down the outside lane playing candy crush and texting hookers....

Not saying I like the bloke, but he didn't do anything twatty today apart from take his time - which any of our players would have done in the same situation.

Scoring the winner and being an Arab didn’t win him ‘Friends’.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Going into the game today I quite liked Mo Salah but thought he acted like a right entitled little POS today, and his ridiculous time wasting as one of supposedly the best players in the world was pretty shameless IMHO

Horrible cheating ****er. Always conning the refs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
MS always seems to me to be an honest player. The very best players usually are. He could have gone down in our box in the first half but stayed on his feet. For the 2nd half pen, looked for all the world from the far distance of the North that he just did a daft air shot, but looking at replays on the concourse, looks a tad like he was hauled back. Like I say, always looks to me like an honest player.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
MS always seems to me to be an honest player. The very best players usually are. He could have gone down in our box in the first half but stayed on his feet. For the 2nd half pen, looked for all the world from the far distance of the North that he just did a daft air shot, but looking at replays on the concourse, looks a tad like he was hauled back. Like I say, always looks to me like an honest player.

It was a clear pen, but completely unnecessary challenges, there was so much cover. Even the vociferous Friend-hating mob around me thought so.

Going into the game today I quite liked Mo Salah but thought he acted like a right entitled little POS today, and his ridiculous time wasting as one of supposedly the best players in the world was pretty shameless IMHO

He was well handled today so not at his best — but had the class to decide the game. Competitive begrudgery beside, that is the mark of a great player

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The fan behind me today in WSU called him a Muslim **** when he scored that penalty, should I report them or scream for a Policeman ?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
While I don’t dispute the penalty decision I thought his over exaggerated air shot was laughable and shows the level of con merchant in him. Gross pulled on his shoulder for sure but the way he threw his legs up in the air was as if someone had launched a 2 footed lunge from behind on him ! Lost a lot of respect for him on seeing that played back.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
While I don’t dispute the penalty decision I thought his over exaggerated air shot was laughable and shows the level of con merchant in him. Gross pulled on his shoulder for sure but the way he threw his legs up in the air was as if someone had launched a 2 footed lunge from behind on him ! Lost a lot of respect for him on seeing that played back.

My thoughts entirely. But I suppose it is par for the course - had one of our players done that at 0-0, we would probably have taken it and not bothered. So perhaps we should be consistent, but, as you say, HE did it, not ours.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Without getting too far into the Friend binfest, the thing that ground my gears most was Salah coming back 50 yards behind his teammates. Fair enough, it was a big goal in context so they did their celebration thing. Salah then stayed behind to wind the Liverpool fans up and then ambled back. Again, no problem as all teams do it. But I guarantee that if that was Murray/Andone/Mounier/Mitrovic/Insert non top 6 striker here, that the ref would hurry them up. I don't expect a booking or major drama. But I don't expect is the ref with his back to Salah explaining to our players why it is fine for him to amble back.

I don't think any decisions would have changed the course of the game and maybe most were right. But it remains the most obsequious performance from a referee I have ever seen. It looked like Sky Sports News or MOTD had picked a ref to match their fawning coverage.

Don't get the antipathy towards Salah and is actually pleasing in a strange way to watch massive teams time wasting against little old Brighton. But I expect him and his colleagues to be dealt with in the same way as all other teams.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here