Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble / violence at gigs.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Things got a bit boisterous at a Twang gig at the Concorde a few years ago, leading to the band stopping playing to tell people to calm down. The funniest though was at the Old Market in Hove of all places when The View were performing. Halfway through, seemingly the whole floor erupted in a mass punch up. Claret and shirt buttons everywhere. The band were oblivious as the security staff struggled in vain to contain things.

Was at The Twang gig, wasn't that bad at all. Over reaction from the bouncers by all accounts.

Remember it going right off outside The King Blues at Komedia back in 2008. They were a great bad.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ok ta, I was curious because I'm from Brighton and I've never heard of a mob from Edward St flats.

It became a bit of a saga, ending up with 2 brothers from Lewes taking things probably a bit too far after some of the Brighton lads had been in the Rainbow Tavern back bar & robbed the till after pepper spraying the landlady. The retribution occured up at the previously mentioned flats up Edward St. I believe the lads from Edward St were WSF. It got very nasty.

Back on topic, The Piranhas in Dicks Bar was preceeded by marvellous scenes against Donny!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It became a bit of a saga, ending up with 2 brothers from Lewes taking things probably a bit too far after some of the Brighton lads had been in the Rainbow Tavern back bar & robbed the till after pepper spraying the landlady. The retribution occured up at the previously mentioned flats up Edward St. I believe the lads from Edward St were WSF. It got very nasty.

Back on topic, The Piranhas in Dicks Bar was preceeded by marvellous scenes against Donny!

Some of the original WSF went to the Brighton Boys Club in Edward St.

Talking of The Piranhas, they used to play in The Buccaneer pub basement ( now Audio Club??) on some Sunday evenings,
this was 1978/79, I tagged along with some older lads from the area in Brighton where I lived, they didn't tell me about the 'Teds' pub we had to walk/run past until it was too late.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Some of the original WSF went to the Brighton Boys Club in Edward St.

Talking of The Piranhas, they used to play in The Buccaneer pub basement ( now Audio Club??) on some Sunday evenings,
this was 1978/79, I tagged along with some older lads from the area in Brighton where I lived, they didn't tell me about the 'Teds' pub we had to walk/run past until it was too late.

I was there at the same time on those Sunday nights, with Mr PPF!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Brilliant times back before The Piranhas reached the charts, remember a mod type of band called Chicane that supported them?
Was Das there too???

Yes, Das was there, now PPF! One band name I'll never forget from those days, the Lil-Lets. I used to like Nicky & the Dots out of all those Vaultage bands back then.
The Piranhas nights at The Bucaneer were great though.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Yes, Das was there, now PPF! One band name I'll never forget from those days, the Lil-Lets. I used to like Nicky & the Dots out of all those Vaultage bands back then.
The Piranhas nights at The Bucaneer were great though.

Vaultage 78 featured a band called the Vitamins who were my good pals from school - the lead singer was Addison Cresswell who went on to be a big shot in the comedy world and who passed away last year at 53yo! Adds brother is Luke of Stomp fame.

some of the original wsf went to the brighton boys club in edward st.

Talking of the piranhas, they used to play in the buccaneer pub basement ( now audio club??) on some sunday evenings,
this was 1978/79, i tagged along with some older lads from the area in brighton where i lived, they didn't tell me about the 'teds' pub we had to walk/run past until it was too late.
sunday at the alhambra surely:moo:

Billy Billo

Aug 15, 2014
Great Memories I was at both gigs, As i remember Buzzcocks went off because of spitting the more they complained the worse it got, they refused to come back on and when the bounces tried to stop people getting on the stage and stealing their stuff they were met with a hail of plastic glasses. The Clash gig we spent most of the time trying to avoid the Sham 69 Skins and Jimmy Pursey came on to try and calm it down, The Suicide singer kept howling and hitting himself in the face with the mic, which didn't go down well and a big cheer went up when a skinhead jumped on the stage and started kicking him. How about the New Regent Sham 69 gigs they were the best all crammed into the tiny narrow pub, Jimmy Pursey's great oratory at least it seemed so at 15.
Were you at the Buzzcocks gig at the Top Rank in 78?/79?

Steve Diggle got a full beer can in his groin, the band went off.

Then it kicked off. I remember walking up to the Clock Tower and a massive (about 7ft?) speaker was being liberated up the road.

The there was the Clash at Crawley Leisure Centre in '78, Suicide supporting, Coventry Automatics (later to become The Specials) 3rd on the bill. For some reason Jimmy Pursey was there amd did the vocals on White Riot during the encore.

Suicide lasted about 2 numbers before the skins got on stage and proceed to wrap the singers microphone lead round his neck!

Great Memories I was at both gigs, As i remember Buzzcocks went off because of spitting the more they complained the worse it got, they refused to come back on and when the bounces tried to stop people getting on the stage and stealing their stuff they were met with a hail of plastic glasses. The Clash gig we spent most of the time trying to avoid the Sham 69 Skins and Jimmy Pursey came on to try and calm it down, The Suicide singer kept howling and hitting himself in the face with the mic, which didn't go down well and a big cheer went up when a skinhead jumped on the stage and started kicking him. How about the New Regent Sham 69 gigs they were the best all crammed into the tiny narrow pub, Jimmy Pursey's great oratory at least it seemed so at 15.

i think one of the road crew at the buzzcock gig lobbed a hammer into the crowd,plenty getting chucked from the balcony when the police tried to clear the floor!:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here