Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Net migration to UK hits record 336,000, statistics show

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Nigel Farage did state a specific figure though - 5,000 a week for a 'number of years' - that's 5 times the actual figure

I am sure he would have had some sort of precursor caveat of 'i wouldnt be surprised' or it 'could be up to' etc etc.

I cannot recall Farage or any other politician being so specific on anything, let alone this.

Whatever he said he was outlining a likely significant influx from both countries, others were denying the inevitable.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I remember it well, as people were laughing at them, and pointing out that 29 million was the population of Romania. I think you are 'desperately' clutching at straws.

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2014...f-scaremongering-after-number-of-romanians-in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...its-And-gipsy-community-hardly-wait-here.html

The Daily mail doesn't say 29 million coming here,just the number who have the right to settle. As for the other link...er another unsourced claim and errrrrr...... "The number of Romanians and Bulgarians working in the UK actually fell when immigration restrictions were lifted in January, "

This is a bit embarressing for you here, try reading the links you spam aye?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

And nobody accounts for the increase in birth rates we have in the UK because of migration in the first place. Looking at the way things are in this country with housing, our services, and most importantly the types of jobs we have on offer these days and the pay that is on offer, it feels like we cannot continue to allow so many people through the doors every year. A sensible figure for me is around 30k a year, not ten times that amount. Cameron has got us no deals whatsoever with the EU, we will never ever be able to control the flow of people all the time we are members of the EU. Add in the Asylum Seekers illegals to this country every year, I think we are really looking at 400,000 people.

Last edited by a moderator:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Within the next 30years, Ancestory English people will likely become a minority. We will be a USA type country where everyone is American Irish, American Mexican, American polish. Problem is unlike America, there's no bond. So everyone will continue to view their culture first and that's it. We're too pc to force integration down people's throats. So I fully expect people with English Ancestory to become less and less influential, strangers in our own land. We've had an identity crisis for decades, it will be finally resolved by no longer having one in my opinion as other cultures with much clearer ones assert theirs. My office is already filled with Greeks, Spanish, Eastern Europeans, Aussies, kiwis, Indians, Nepalese, Africans, etc and that's before we get into 2nd generation. And because most of these are young, they're all going to settle here and typically have 3-4 kids too as they tend to have more than the 1.5 average 'natives' (crude term but you know what I mean). I already can't understand the myriad of languages spoken around me during lunchtime or at the coffee machine or on the way into work on public transport because people prefer naturally to speak in their native language. I just hope we all get along in the long run, but history is against mankind in that respect!

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Whatever next - Polish supermarkets outstripping Aldi/Lidl - heaven forbid.
I'll still buy my polish from the local ironmongers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Serious question...if we come out of the EU after the vote in 2017, do we ask all the Europeans who have arrived here to settle to feck off back home? If so, is there a time they have had to be here so they can stay, or only those who have applied for British citizenship? Does that apply to all the Africans and Indians, and Pakistanis and Americans and Aussies and New Zealanders and saffies here.....so do we tell everyone who is not born and bred here to feck off? And what about children born here to immigrants? Can they stay but their parents have to feck off?

It's all so complicated

Jan 30, 2008
there are three former commonwealth countries - gambia, ireland and zimbabwe.

If you mean 'commonwealth nations', what's so special about someone from, say, malaysia or bangladesh that would prohibit someone from, say, france or spain from coming here? For that matter, what's so special about any commonwealth country?
ask the Queen???
regards
DR

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
But with this immigration the progressive pink and fluffies say the country would collapse without it. They obviously have no idea about council house waiting lists, primary school classes, substandard roads, hospital waiting times going through the roof etc etc Uncontrolled mass immigration is simply unstustainable anyone with some common sense can see that!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No.

My understanding is that any EU citizens already here will be allowed to stay.

Well that just defeated the object of coming out as the main reason is that there are two many foreign sponges taking our jobs, stealing our doctors appointments and living in our houses.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Within the next 30years, Ancestory English people will likely become a minority. We will be a USA type country where everyone is American Irish, American Mexican, American polish. Problem is unlike America, there's no bond. So everyone will continue to view their culture first and that's it. We're too pc to force integration down people's throats. So I fully expect people with English Ancestory to become less and less influential, strangers in our own land. We've had an identity crisis for decades, it will be finally resolved by no longer having one in my opinion as other cultures with much clearer ones assert theirs. My office is already filled with Greeks, Spanish, Eastern Europeans, Aussies, kiwis, Indians, Nepalese, Africans, etc and that's before we get into 2nd generation. And because most of these are young, they're all going to settle here and typically have 3-4 kids too as they tend to have more than the 1.5 average 'natives' (crude term but you know what I mean). I already can't understand the myriad of languages spoken around me during lunchtime or at the coffee machine or on the way into work on public transport because people prefer naturally to speak in their native language. I just hope we all get along in the long run, but history is against mankind in that respect!

As when the Romans came along and then the Jutes and Angles and Saxons and Vikings and when the Normans came along too. We've got thousands of years of history of changing, adapting and assimilating our language as new people arrive.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
As when the Romans came along and then the Jutes and Angles and Saxons and Vikings and when the Normans came along too. We've got thousands of years of history of changing, adapting and assimilating our language as new people arrive.

errrr those were all invasions. The Normans simply took over and destroyed Anglo Saxon language and culture. As the Anglo Saxons did to the Romano-Celts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here