PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Goodison Park
Date: Saturday 3rd November 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: David Coote
Assistants: Peter Kirkup, Michael McDonough
Fourth official: Martin Atkinson

TEAM NEWS

Everton boss Marco Silva will be without defenders Phil Jagielka and Jonjoe Kenny because of minor injuries.

Midfielder James McCarthy is stepping up his return from a broken leg and played for the club's under-23 side this week.

Brighton remain without the key duo of Pascal Gross and Davy Propper because of ankle injuries.

Gross has not played for two months while Propper has been absent since the win over West Ham on 5 October.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Guy Mowbray: A clash of clubs who've picked themselves up nicely in recent weeks and who should kick off in confident mood.

Everton will expect to win at home to shrug off their setback at Manchester United last time out, when better finishing might have brought a different result.

It also might have seen Marco Silva pip Chris Hughton for October's Manager of the Month award, but that will surely be given to the Brighton boss after a perfect month of three 1-0 wins.

Before their current winning run I had the Seagulls down as facing a battle to stay up, but they look a far too solid and settled side for that now.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Everton manager Marco Silva on defender Yerry Mina's involvement: "It's something you already know, some months ago, that Zouma won't be able to play next week [v parent club Chelsea].

"But our way to think is preparing the other players to play. Mina is ready to play if I make the decision. It is the Brighton match, nothing more.

We do not think about Chelsea. Our ambition and focus is on tomorrow's match.

Chris Hughton: "To get three wins on the spin is unusual. We appreciate it and the 1-0 [scorelines] show that we have a resilience in the team.

"We've particularly been under pressure in our last couple of games, but we've shown great spirit to make sure we don't concede."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Everton have never lost at home to Brighton in six matches in all competitions, winning four and drawing two.
    [*=left]Brighton have beaten the Toffees just once since 1924, a 3-1 home triumph in the top flight in 1982.
    [*=left]That was one of only two Brighton victories in 13 meetings overall (D5, L6).
Everton

• [*=left]They could win three home games without conceding for the first time since March 2017.
    [*=left]Gylfi Sigurdsson's five goals in six Premier League games is more than he managed in his previous 31 outings for Everton.
    [*=left]Idrissa Gueye has attempted more tackles (49) than any other Premier League player this season, but has also lost more than anyone else.
    [*=left]After scoring three goals in five Premier League games on the wing, Richarlison has scored just once at centre-forward in three appearances since.
    [*=left]Everton have scored a joint league-high three goals from free-kicks in the Premier League, along with Cardiff.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have won three consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since a run of four in May 1981, all by a 1-0 scoreline.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost 15 of their 24 Premier League away fixtures (W3, D6, L15).
    [*=left]Glenn Murray's 100th Brighton goal against Wolves last time out was his sixth in eight Premier League starts.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Everton are a Jekyll and Hyde kinda side , one week good next week poor .... at least we are consistent at the moment ... fairly poor but grinding out wins .. we know we can get a lot better which I think is better than Everton's best but we dont know when that's gonna happen and which Everton will turn up today

going to be another tough watch living on the edge but I still think our defence is better than their attack ... keeping the train chugging another 0-1 in Albion's favour but with many squeaky bum moments but I will take that even if my nerves can't

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
b19b457a11c373a779d0f95f3e16e840.jpg
:bhasign:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Excellent.Away win on the cards.Bissouma bullet free kick.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No expectation from today so not going to pub and will be watching on stream. Fully expect I will be watching Jeff Stelling by 4.00 but you never know

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here