A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Some absolute weapons-grade "Reply All" bell-cheesery going on in the office this morning.

Essentially, some outsourced people in South Africa managed to send an email to an Outlook distribution list which has copied in every single joint / team mailbox in the company. And not just in the UK, but globally. To which now every other team in every other country where we do business is now replying all saying "This isn't the right email" and it's threatening to bring down the entire internal email system.

That’s exactly what brought nhs.net to its knees last year. Actual physical harm occurred due to those thousands of Bell cheeses not thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there is a point at which bell cheesery becomes cock womblery and thereafter will become out and out bell endery ...at this point it is so hard to know what to do because bell cheesery seems to be so prevalent these days so god knows about the other two....for fake sake in advance you faking darft kana's.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have a new woman.

She's not actually new - she's our HR Director, who is meant to work at head office in London, but lives really near ours, so has negotiated that she can work from a spare office here a couple of days a week to save the commute.

So far, I've noted that:

1. She is unrealistically cheerful on the phone. Hearing one half of her conversations through her office door, is quite annoying.
2. Having an HR person in the building has meant that Crisps and Noise suddenly have HUNDREDS of HR questions and issues to drone on about, that would simply not have existed, were she not about.
3. Crisps needs to use her mirrors when reversing in our car park. One 'new' car parked where normally there was none = a surprisingly loud bang.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We have a new woman.

She's not actually new - she's our HR Director, who is meant to work at head office in London, but lives really near ours, so has negotiated that she can work from a spare office here a couple of days a week to save the commute.

So far, I've noted that:

1. She is unrealistically cheerful on the phone. Hearing one half of her conversations through her office door, is quite annoying.
2. Having an HR person in the building has meant that Crisps and Noise suddenly have HUNDREDS of HR questions and issues to drone on about, that would simply not have existed, were she not about.
3. Crisps needs to use her mirrors when reversing in our car park. One 'new' car parked where normally there was none = a surprisingly loud bang.

Thank you. Daily reports please Hans.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We have a new woman.

So far, I've noted that:

Presumably she was too busy eating crisps?

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
I had this brilliance today from a client I'm doing some free-lance work for:

Bellcheese: I've noticed you haven't started submitting any of the live reporting like we've asked, have you started the work yet?
Me: No I e-mailed you Friday telling you I can't start until you send me the right phone.
Bellcheese: You told us you received it last week so you should have started by now.
Me: As I explained on the phone last week and again when I e-mailed you Friday you sent me an iPhone.
Bellcheese: I don't see what the problem is, just install the app from the app store and you can start.
Me: You told me the app only runs on Android phones.
Bellcheese: Does an iPhone not have Android on it, can't you just install Google play on the phone we sent you and get it that way?
Me:No.
Bellcheese: But we're 4 days behind schedule now, can't you just start tomorrow?
Me: Have you sent me an Android phone out special delivery like I asked in the e-mail?
Bellcheese: No, but I can get you an iPad sent out so you'll have it tomorrow, you can just use WiFi, would that help?

I have an Android phone, but the stupid cow won't let me use it as it would breach their "Confidentially Agreement" I signed which states I won't install their software on any personal devices. (They didn't actually send me that for signing, but that's another issue entirely)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Another bell-cheese (or should that be bell-paneer) customer last night:
cust: we cannot connect to our device
me: I've checked it. your interface is set wrong. If I change it from 10gig to 1gig it comes up.
cust: our technician has changed the cable
me : no. your interface is set wrong. you need to set it to 10gig
cust : kindly send a technician
me : right. I have set it to 1gig. In 2 hours I will set it back to 10gig
<a hour passes>
cust : we can see our device now.
me : I know. I have set it back to 10gig, please modify your settings to get it working correctly.
cust : It has gone down again. kindly set it as it was before
<sets it back to 1gig>
cust : this is still faulty, we can only pass 1gig.
me : AAAAAARRGGGHHHHHHH !!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Bellcheese: I've noticed you haven't started submitting any of the live reporting like we've asked, have you started the work yet?
Me: No I e-mailed you Friday telling you I can't start until you send me the right phone.
Bellcheese: You told us you received it last week so you should have started by now.
Me: As I explained on the phone last week and again when I e-mailed you Friday you sent me an iPhone.
Bellcheese: I don't see what the problem is, just install the app from the app store and you can start.
Bellcheese: Does an iPhone not have Android on it, can't you just install Google play on the phone we sent you and get it that way?
Bellcheese: But we're 4 days behind schedule now, can't you just start tomorrow?
Me: Have you sent me an Android phone out special delivery like I asked in the e-mail?
Bellcheese: No, but I can get you an iPad sent out so you'll have it tomorrow, you can just use WiFi, would that help?

I have an Android phone, but the stupid cow won't let me use it as it would breach their "Confidentially Agreement" I signed which states I won't install their software on any personal devices. (They didn't actually send me that for signing, but that's another issue entirely)

Oh that's a great effort. Put someone who is utterly CLUELESS about phones in charge of administrating the phones. :clap2:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Oh that's a great effort. Put someone who is utterly CLUELESS about phones in charge of administrating the phones. :clap2:

Our Admin lady is also our designated 'super-user' with regard to the computer, admin, storage, filing, etc. It dates from the time when speed-typing ruled the office (she is incredibly fast, and can hold a conversation with you, whilst looking out the window and typing at the same time - which is actually pretty damn impressive). However, she is the least computer savvy of all of us. In fact, she cannot use windows explorer. To open a file in word, she closes down everything on her computer, opens Word, then navigates through the (large) folder tree to the right document. Then she wishes to open a spreadsheet in the same folder (which she can't actually do things like adding formulas into anyway), so she closes the Word document, and Word, opens Excel,and navigates all the way back through the folder tree to the excel file. I have explained to her dozens of times over the years that all she has to do is double click on the file in explorer where she was anyway and it will open the programme, but she just says 'I'm used to it this way'. Drives me potty.

And don't get me started on the time I tried to explain 'copy and paste' rather than print out one document and then type the text into another document.......'because it's just as quick'...

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Was it an elderly sounding gent? :whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here