Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Olivier Giroud

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Son has just phoned and said that he read that Giroud wants to go out on loan in January and WBA and Palace are favourites to sign him, he would be a good one for us to sign I would think. This will obviously be the first of many suggestions between now and February 1st but it is a break from yesterdays woes.

WOW BG - You have hit '' Dizzy Heights '' Your posts often talk a lot of sense but your Transfer Suggestions usually leave a lot to be desired. In this instance I think it's an absolute Belter. I would go for Giroud as well but sadly I think he would chose to go to France if he goes out on loan in an effort to ensure he is picked for the World Cup.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't believe there are people on here who think Olivier Giroud and Glenn Murray are of similar ability.

Comical. Oh, and no chance he would come here. None.

He does seem to need as many chances as Murray to score...and i'd suggest that he won't get as many with us as he would with Arsenal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely this.

I've always avoided the temptation to put BG on ignore but this NONSENSE may well change that.

In fairness, BG isn't the idiot here. He's done his usual amusing thing of posting some tabloid nonsense having read that Palace are one of the clubs who could end up taking him and non unreasonably questioned that if they are being linked, why aren't we?

It's the assortment of clowns piling in to get at BG because apparently he is "too similar" to Glen Murray, as if the fact that he'd be an absolutely MASSIVE upgrade is of no consequence. No surprise to see that Stat Brother is one of those village idiots as usual.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
WOW BG - You have hit '' Dizzy Heights '' Your posts often talk a lot of sense but your Transfer Suggestions usually leave a lot to be desired. In this instance I think it's an absolute Belter. I would go for Giroud as well but sadly I think he would chose to go to France if he goes out on loan in an effort to ensure he is picked for the World Cup.

In fairness, BG isn't the idiot here. He's done his usual amusing thing of posting some tabloid nonsense having read that Palace are one of the clubs who could end up taking him and non unreasonably questioned that if they are being linked, why aren't we?

It's the assortment of clowns piling in to get at BG because apparently he is "too similar" to Glen Murray, as if the fact that he'd be an absolutely MASSIVE upgrade is of no consequence. No surprise to see that Stat Brother is one of those village idiots as usual.

That was exactly my thinking that the press are saying that the favourites to sign him are Palace and West Brom and I am sure that we could compete with both of them. If as suggested West Ham come i nto the reckoning then it becomes a different story as they will throw money at it.

As far as it goes he would be a vast step up to both Murray and Hemed and I thought that was what people are expecting in January not another player of the same standard. irrespective of their style or manner in which they play,.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just don't see the logic of a short term expensive rental for a position that already has 2 players.
Now if the club is confident of the better Baldock deal and Giroud lands in its lap, happy days.
But that'll leave 5 strikers so someone will have to go.
3 separate deals for 1 position that the club couldn't do a single deal for 4 months ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope. We need pace.

I don't follow Arsenal enough but have (a probably wrong) gut feeling when Giroud has come on this season isn't usually in tandem with Walcott when they are chasing a game?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Granted extra pace would be an advantage but then so would a proven Premier League and International striker if the money side waS ok. I do not believe that given the chance anybody on here would turn him down purley on his ability. Well I can as it is NSC.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just don't see the logic of a short term expensive rental for a position that already has 2 players.
Now if the club is confident of the better Baldock deal and Giroud lands in its lap, happy days.
But that'll leave 5 strikers so someone will have to go.
3 separate deals for 1 position that the club couldn't do a single deal for 4 months ago.

Our biggest problem is probably scoring goals, Giroud is a French international striker looking to get into their world cup squad - and you can't see the logic in bringing in a hungry, motivated international-standard striker because we've already got some other strikers? Jesus Christ. :nono:

Then again, you'd still be seal-clapping Craig Mackail-Smith if he was here now - and even worse, criticising (bullying) [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] for suggesting he was a bit shìt..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our biggest problem is probably scoring goals, Giroud is a French international striker looking to get into their world cup squad - and you can't see the logic in bringing in a hungry, motivated international-standard striker because we've already got some other strikers? Jesus Christ. :nono:

Then again, you'd still be seal-clapping Craig Mackail-Smith if he was here now - and even worse, criticising (bullying) [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] for suggesting he was a bit shìt..

Nail on head...although i would say definitely as against probably

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Sorry Messi is not available at our price so we have to sign players to fit both our pocket and style of play.

How did two people like this comment? You’ve made a (serious?) thread about us loaning an Arsenal striker, who also happens to be France’s starting striker on a pretty regular basis, who is probably on £100,000 a week+ and who would have multiple options that play at a higher level than us were he to be loaned out (he probably won’t be -who would Le Arse replace him with that would do the same job for a sensible price?).

You’ve then, rather hilariously, tried to make a joke about another player who is never gunna join us being out of our price range...

Please tell me you can see the contradiction here?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
People who think Murray at 34 is anything like as good, if not better, than Giroud are plainly the same people who reckon Suttner is a genuine PL fullback.

Utterly astonished.

As for him joining us?!? Nearly as, if not more, laughable.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
People who think Murray at 34 is anything like as good, if not better, than Giroud are plainly the same people who reckon Suttner is a genuine PL fullback.

Utterly astonished.

As for him joining us?!? Nearly as, if not more, laughable.

This is a joke thread though, isn’t it?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He is the best target man centre forward I have seen at the Amex. Anyone who doesn't think he would be ideal to work with our wingers must be out of their minds. The chances of him agreeing to coming here, even if we could afford his wages, are zilch.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
This is the same Giroud who went up to Everton and talked to Koeman but turned the move down because his wife did not want to live outside London.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here