Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever really cocked up on an email ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But by adding the "Best ..." I think it stands out more as a typo. But I don't, I'm a straight up and down "Regards" man. Then when you do the old g/t typo, it does read like you are just finishing you bollicking off with an intended insult.

Tch, I can't believe we didn't get some new recruits for the SPL out of that one. Was that shortly before the FD was forced to step away and not play any more?

Naah, he just moved on to greener fields. I think it might be how we recruited the Chief Exec though !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[emoji23]some of these are hilair

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Whilst rushing an email on my phone autocorrect changed my sloppy spelling from what should have said your account to you're a c*nt. Luckily I noticed before I sent it.

Back in the days of nokia 3210s when auto-correct was just coming on the scene I used to play Sunday morning football and I guess like most teams we would retire to the pub post game. A lad in our teams wife had a sister called Heather. Now Heather was a BIG girl. This lad sent his Mrs a text wanting say "are you out with Heather" what he actually sent thanks to auto correct was "are you out with Heavier". Needless to say he got a phone call shortly after pressing send and had to do some explaining to calm his wife down who thought he was just being an arse because he was in the pub surrounded by blokes.

I also know of a bloke who attended a webinar recently and got bored during said event so he decided to have 50 flips. It wasn't until the end of the call he realised he'd been sharing his web cam.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
An ex-colleague once wrote 'please note I have not received any dick', it was supposed to say disk.
Another colleague addressed a client called Chris as Christ and in a separate email asked a client to copy me in on all emails as I 'was working within her'.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Sent one a long time ago to a customer saying "We will be dealing with this over the weekend because the Reading office is shit". I meant shut.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I sent a marketing email from a very well known holiday company with a mistake in the pricing, meaning we were advertising a 7 night 5-star holiday to Dubai, flights included, for about £300. The email went to over 50,000 people. What a DIV.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I sent a marketing email from a very well known holiday company with a mistake in the pricing, meaning we were advertising a 7 night 5-star holiday to Dubai, flights included, for about £300. The email went to over 50,000 people. What a DIV.

Serves ya right.

HATE spammers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not an email, but I was on a 'conference call' (the other two people were on handsfree on a mobile) and the phone was left on after the call had finished. The nature of the call was fine – just going through some work I was doing for them and sorting out what needed to be done. I thought everything was fine and even quite jovial and they were happy with what I'd done for them and was proposing.

Unfortunately, when she thought I'd gone, the Doris said to her mate 'Cor, he's hard work, isn't he?' To make matters WORSE, I got an email from her about two minutes later saying 'Thanks for your time just now. I was just saying to Andy how HARD-WORKING you were' :lol:

Although I didn't let on to them that I'd heard her comment, the working relationship went south pretty quickly from that point :moo:

I didn't mute the phone properly when putting through a call to a lawyer, and said 'It's your favourite defence firm on the line'.
I was told in no uncertain terms how unprofessional I was.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Awkwardness today.

Someone emailed me for the second time late yesterday afternoon, chasing up some numbers that I hadn't got round to sending (probably too busy on here). I was almost on my way out of the door, so I just rattled off a quick reply which said:

"Sorry I didn't respond to your precious email, I'll come back to you first thing tomorrow", sent it, and logged off.

Obviously I meant PREVIOUS not PRECIOUS. So I got in this morning to a rather snarky reply from him which just said "Nice attitude". :facepalm:

I've had to call him and apologise, with my feeble explanation that it was honestly just a typo. I don't know him very well though, so I'm not sure he was convinced. This is probably the second most embarrassing thing to have happened to me in this office this calendar year. I hate emails.

*sigh*

To be fair, his response has proven the very point that you accidentally made.

What a bellcheese

D

Deleted member 2719

Awkwardness today.

Someone emailed me for the second time late yesterday afternoon, chasing up some numbers that I hadn't got round to sending (probably too busy on here). I was almost on my way out of the door, so I just rattled off a quick reply which said:

"Sorry I didn't respond to your precious email, I'll come back to you first thing tomorrow", sent it, and logged off.

Obviously I meant PREVIOUS not PRECIOUS. So I got in this morning to a rather snarky reply from him which just said "Nice attitude". :facepalm:

I've had to call him and apologise, with my feeble explanation that it was honestly just a typo. I don't know him very well though, so I'm not sure he was convinced. This is probably the second most embarrassing thing to have happened to me in this office this calendar year. I hate emails.

*sigh*

I would worry about it, it happens to me all the time on here.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I once worked with the person who sent the email in this story. I think it would be fair to say 'takes one to know one...' http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/01/29/posh_club_calls_wannabe/

Posh club calls wannabe an asshole
Dangerous thing this email business
By Lucy Sherriff 29 Jan 2001 at 17:48

The manager of a posh member's club has been caught out by Claire Swire syndrome - that is the inability to be discreet in an email.
Jason Gissing was thinking about joining the club, but wanted to spend an evening there before signing up. He approached Patricia Cusack, manager at Monte's Private club in Sloane Street asking her to arrange an evening at the club for him. [A sensible move, given the £250 joining fee and the £500 per year membership costs - Ed.]

Cusack then emailed her secretary the following: Amanda, can you arrange a time for this asshole to come in. Weekends at 8pm are no good for anyone --he obviously wants to make a night of it.

There is nothing really wrong with that. Maybe he'd annoyed her; maybe she was just having a bad day. No, the stupid part was that she also emailed it to the "asshole" in question. He forwarded it to a friend who sent it on to forty more, and now the email has been around the world and back - making appearances in Australia, Germany and the US.

We contacted Monte's to ask about the message, but have not heard anything from them today. A spokeswoman for the club told London freebie rag Metro, that Cusack would not face disciplinary proceedings. "She made a small error of judgement," she said. Cusack is apparently "devastated."

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Most idiotic one I ever did was with a client who wasn't paying fees owed. And a very big fee it was too

Credit Control Dept asked what to do next so - I sent email and said ''Threaten to sue them but we will be unable to sue through the courts because they live back in Spain now and would be too much hassle to go through Spanish Courts because even if we do then the Spanish Authorities would not enforce Collection.''

That was all well and good but I copied the client into the email. - And guess what? Client never did pay.

That's what I call free legal advice to someone who owes you money to help them avoid paying what they owe you.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
My auto-correct changed a junior member of the team from Naz to Nazi. Why that was even in Microsoft Outlooks dictionary I'm not sure but it too some explaining 'Morning Nazi...' :facepalm:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Awkwardness today.

*sigh*
If he got narked about that he wouldn't see the day out on site.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I haven't but we had a classic once at work a few years back as follows:

Somehow, I think in error by doing (*) or something a mail got sent to everyone in the company, 90,000 odd employees, by someone who was working in Nigeria as we were owned by an oil exploration company at that time.

Anyway this person wrote this mail to everyone saying I was promised this office in Nigeria and it has never materialised who do I contact ?

So everyone slowly replies all clogging up the mail server sending 90,000 odd mails along the line of sorry not my department, can't help you etc.

Then the Senior Vice President replied all "stop replying to this mail as it is going to everyone in the company", only some **** in France replied all saying "Which email ?"

Needless to say email keeled over after an hour or so for the rest of the day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I worked for a small company with less than 40 employees where the analysts were sometimes working from home and sometimes on client sites.

There was a location plan but if you were going to be somewhere else instead it was protocol to send a "whereabouts update" email to all senior employees and executives.

One morning I awoke with a minging virus that included a headache that was only going to get worse if I stared at a bright laptop screen so I called a sickie.

I also sent the whereabouts mail, though I just put "off sick" in the title, sent it and went back to bed.

When I returned to work two days later I realised I had sent "off dick". Given they all knew I was a Brighton fan some of the replies were a little harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sent one a long time ago to a customer saying "We will be dealing with this over the weekend because the Reading office is shit". I meant shut.

I'm guessing both were probably true though, weren't they?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Used to work at a firm that was working on a very large merger a few years back (which subsequently fell through), so obviously had a significant amount of insider information well before anything was publicly available.

When attempting to send a presentation on the subject, outlining deal structure etc etc, my friend tried to send it to their manager whose first name was Southi, or something unusual like that. Obviously sent the email to the whole of the South Africa practice, several thousand people on all rungs of the ladder. Some seriously urgent phone calls to IT made after that, and IT companies in big companies aren't easy to get hold of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here