Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you actually pay for your Sky TV package?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How ? I have less than that,but Sky Q and pay about £130 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was about £120/£130 a mo but I cancelled then used the 30 day cool off period to re-negotiate. They were throwing offers at me to stay every day through messages on the sky box, phone calls, emails etc. They don't like discounting SkyQ though which is why I stuck with my older boxes

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
About to go through the whole threaten to leave process with Virgin as if I get BT I instantly avoid the ridiculous 19 quid line rental that virgin charge.

Anyone had any dealings with leaving Virgin?

Virgin made such an almighty cluster**** with our account when we moved house that there was absolutely no issue leaving. We were clearly no for being talked around, and it had probably become an account they were quite happy to lose.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was paying about 100 for the channels, sport, box sets, HD, broadband and phone.

Called up, said I was going to leave as I needed to start cutting my bills. Put the phone down.

They called back 2 days later and offered it all for £54 a month. I said yes.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Why do people pay sky so much.:shrug:

I hope you guy wont regret not putting it in the pensions or spending it on their kids or to charity.

I am not against the odd £6.99 a match on Now Tv, but paying tens of pounds/Month just seems so wasteful.

Paying that much for TV is just wrong.

So are the sky monthly subscription payers all wealthy Tories???

I'm a " wealthy Tory " but don't subscribe to Sky sports .

I invest my funds wisely instead . :ascarf:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Sky Q £92 per month all sport, movies etc.
I had to pay for an engineer visit £60 but it gives multi-room and 4 devices so works well for our family

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It was about £120/£130 a mo but I cancelled then used the 30 day cool off period to re-negotiate. They were throwing offers at me to stay every day through messages on the sky box, phone calls, emails etc. They don't like discounting SkyQ though which is why I stuck with my older boxes

I signed up two days ago, no internet but Box Sets, Sports, Multiscreen for £63. I went away from it feeling I'd done quite well, £7 a month off boxsets, and £7.50 a month off sport. The guy also said, don't get HD now (£6) but get it after your contract starts and you can get it for £2 a month (bringing my total up to £65 a month). Starting to think I could perhaps have got a bit more off. It's a treat to myself with us being in the Premier League anyway, will cancel at end of contract I suspect unless they really do offer me a very good deal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Currently something like £120 a month, but am about to go through all of my outgoings with the aim of reducing them where possible. I am aware you can probably get a "deal" from Sky by threatening to leave, but have not tried it yet.

Absolutely. When you 'threaten' to leave, in the same call they will offer you a deal. Reject it and end the call asking to have your account closed (it takes 30 days).

As long as you made the point that you really liked Sky but you just had to cut it for financial reasons, they will call you back and halve it. I've done it as well as 2 friends recently.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm a " wealthy Tory " but don't subscribe to Sky sports .

I invest my funds wisely instead . :ascarf:
:thumbsup:

Well done you.

I wouldn't say i am wealthy (i do prefer the Tory way of business though), but i do not waste money, its precious commodity, i use it to look after my family and the future, having some fun along the way if it is sensibly priced.

Sky isn't IMO.

#thelonggame

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
NowTV ( which is Sky ) Entertainment Pass - going up soon to £7.99 per month.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
£35 for all the channels + Sports & Movies. They kindly sent me an email a few weeks ago saying that they had auto renewed my package for another year and upgraded me to Sky Sports HD, saving me the trouble of having to go through the annual process of threatening to leave.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Was paying £80 for Sky Sports, broadband and phone - but no documentaries or kids stuff.

Moved to the Virgin 'full house' and TiVo box, plus phone and broadband, discounted £50 a month for a year. Sky router slightly better, but so much quicker fibre for the TV, and although we have ditched sky sports we now have Eurosport back that me and the missus liked, plus docs and kids stuff. Few Prem matches and Champions league with BT sport, plus German and Italian football - better than the US, Dutch and Chinese stuff on Sky.

The thing that annoyed me about Sky was Eurosport not included in the Sports package.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sky TV £12 All channels no sports or film

Virgin £34 phone and 150mb broadband

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
My contract with Virgin ends at the beginning of December, I currently have all the channels for £77 a month until December when it goes up to £115, will be using the black Friday deals to hopefully get a better deal :)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Virgin phone and 150MB - £42
Sky+ HD with 2 recordable boxes, and Movies ( no sky sports) - £68

Perfect £110 a month

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
About to go through the whole threaten to leave process with Virgin as if I get BT I instantly avoid the ridiculous 19 quid line rental that virgin charge.

Anyone had any dealings with leaving Virgin?

http://newsthump.com/2016/09/30/hos...ter-man-tries-to-leave-virgin-media-contract/

Professional hostage negotiators have been called in to help resolve a man’s attempts to cancel his Virgin Media contract.

Customer Simon Williams has been held against his will on hold and passed between operators as a tense, 8-hour standoff developed between him and his broadband provider this morning. Speaking to the press, the head of the negotiation team said they were called in after Mr Williams was asked for the umpteenth time if he’d like a no-obligation review of his account to see if they could save him money.

“The poor guy has been trapped in there with Customer Service for eight hours. No food. No water. No toilet breaks. We can only imagine what he’s been going through”, a tough, grizzled cop with four days to retirement told us. "We’ve called the Virgin Helpline and they’ve told us that if anyone tries to go in and get him they’ll start cutting him off."

“They’ve also threatened to ‘really mess up’ his credit rating and ‘take an axe to his bills’. These people are sick. Sick, I tell you.". If negotiations fail to work the team plans to send an armed response unit round to Richard Branson’s house, which members seem really quite enthusiastic about. Speaking through a wire tapped into his home, Simon Williams said he’d been hoping to transfer his account from Virgin to TalkTalk who he was sure would be much easier to deal with.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just got off phone as bill had gone from £58 everything apart from movies to £71.50 One hour later I've now got everything in hd including movies for 18 months for £47.30 delighted ... also have been a customer for 18 years. In a couple of months time sky are changing there approach so loyal customers only will get the best service including free gifts special phone numbers to jump ahead etc . The levels are bronze,silver,gold ,platinum and black we will black about time loyalty was rewarded happy now . Guy I spoke to on retentions department was a guy who called himself amazing Andy good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here