Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Apart from the fact that Dr who is a gender-free alien, Star Wars was a massive rated hit, and Ghostbusters was a fun reboot, your points are really valid.

That's rubbish. Dr Who had a mother and father. Thus indicating there were two different sexes on Gallifrey.

This whole gender swapping rubbish has only come into vogue in the last few years when obviously they were angling to bring in a female Dr and changing the canon.

I said Star Wars was a treat. They did a great job creating a new character to fit into the original world and it worked very well.

Ghostbusters was a pile of lazy shitty writing turned into a movie. It wasn't a reboot. Not sure how it's a reboot when they reference the original Ghostbusters in the opening credits. Just another cock up by that **** Paul Feig.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
To be honest it's not the show for me anymore.

Moffat has made it far too complicated and I was hoping for better once he moved on. Back to basics and a safe pair of hands was needed. However, that was not to be and now I have no motivation to even watch - it simply no longer interests me.

Storyline wise - how do you know Chibnall's version won't be back to basics and he won't be a safe pair of hands? Much like you I've struggled a bit with the last few seasons but I hope Chibnall will give it a new lease of life, fresh exciting stories with less of the convoluted stories. The fact a woman has been chosen as the Doctor is neither here nor there. Give it a go - it could be fantastic and just what the show needs.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That's rubbish. Dr Who had a mother and father. Thus indicating there were two different sexes on Gallifrey.

This whole gender swapping rubbish has only come into vogue in the last few years when obviously they were angling to bring in a female Dr and changing the canon.

I said Star Wars was a treat. They did a great job creating a new character to fit into the original world and it worked very well.

Ghostbusters was a pile of lazy shitty writing turned into a movie. It wasn't a reboot. Not sure how it's a reboot when they reference the original Ghostbusters in the opening credits. Just another cock up by that **** Paul Feig.

Sydney Newman - the original creator envisaged a woman taking the role at the some point and the idea was first mooted by Tom Baker back in the late 70s. Certainly not a modern thing and I don't think it's ever been stated that he had a mother and father in 50 years.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

He's not real you know ....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Storyline wise - how do you know Chibnall's version won't be back to basics and he won't be a safe pair of hands? Much like you I've struggled a bit with the last few seasons but I hope Chibnall will give it a new lease of life, fresh exciting stories with less of the convoluted stories. The fact a woman has been chosen as the Doctor is neither here nor there. Give it a go - it could be fantastic and just what the show needs.
I just have no motivation to watch.

For me they they needed to bring it right back to its basic format after Moffat to draw me back in. A mad raggedy man scientist in a box.

The new doctor I'm sure will be fine for other people, just not me, I have no interest - I'm out. Which is fine really, plenty of other stuff to watch.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sydney Newman - the original creator envisaged a woman taking the role at the some point and the idea was first mooted by Tom Baker back in the late 70s. Certainly not a modern thing and I don't think it's ever been stated that he had a mother and father in 50 years.

Mother was mentioned in the Gallifrey Chronicles by the 8th Dr. 8th Dr also mentioned his father.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I just have no motivation to watch.

For me they they needed to bring it right back to its basic format after Moffat to draw me back in. A mad raggedy man scientist in a box.

The new doctor I'm sure will be fine for other people, just not me, I have no interest - I'm out. Which is fine really, plenty of other stuff to watch.

Fair enough. But it could just be a mad raggedy woman scientist in a box - seems a shame to give it a miss without knowing the scripts or direction but as you say, plenty of other things to watch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of all the story lines in Doctor Who over the years, and people have a problem with the Doctor regenerating as a women. Hilarious.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fair enough. But it could just be a mad raggedy woman scientist in a box - seems a shame to give it a miss without knowing the scripts or direction but as you say, plenty of other things to watch.
I can't fake an interest or motivation to watch unfortunately. It's had a good run for me, except for Moffat's silly over complexities, and all shows eventually either go out at the top, or change and I lose interest. Happened many times before, and it'll no doubt happen again.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Had to do something to give Dr Who a lift, even if its taking away his plums.
Capaldi and the ugly trout assistant were awful.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Every woman's dream job. Greatest walk in wardrobe ever, big flashing blue light so you remember where you parked, guaranteed regeneration saves on all those creams.

photo.jpg

Next Doctor .. Eddie Izzard or Nadiya Hussain?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here