Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this allowed?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
So are men discriminated against in Nursing, teaching, advertising etc because they don't make up 50% of the work force in that industry?

We are not talking about gender discrimination but that based on Ethnicity. If there was no discrimination based on ethnicity then then the unemployment rates should be the same and clearly they are not! Despite all the evidence to the contrary you seem to be totally ignoring this! I think most sensible and reasonable people can come to only one conclusion about your views!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We are not talking about gender discrimination but that based on Ethnicity. If there was no discrimination based on ethnicity then then the unemployment rates should be the same and clearly they are not! Despite all the evidence to the contrary you seem to be totally ignoring this! I think most sensible and reasonable people can come to only one conclusion about your views!

Talk about over simplifying statistics ! The unemployment rate is different between mem and women so using your method that means there must be a gender discrimination.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Hahahaha the old I'm getting too deep into a discussion I don't know enough about so I'll call you a racist card. Nice one.

Sol Campbell will be all over this like white on rice.

Easy Jag will want to know why you're not eating a balanced diet of different coloured rice.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Talk about over simplifying statistics ! The unemployment rate is different between mem and women so using your method that means there must be a gender discrimination.

So how do you account for the different rates for the white population and the BAME community?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

OK, so the NBA is dominated by black men. Are white men discriminated against because they have a low representation level in the league? Of course they are not. My point being, you say the unemployment rates should be equal between white and minority groups but you cannot give a reason why they should be the same. There are a million reasons which could affect the unemployment rates of minority groups, none of them are the colour of the persons skin.

I'll say it again, I'm against all forms of discrimination. I want equal opportunity for all.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
OK, so the NBA is dominated by black men. Are white men discriminated against because they have a low representation level in the league? Of course they are not. My point being, you say the unemployment rates should be equal between white and minority groups but you cannot give a reason why they should be the same. There are a million reasons which could affect the unemployment rates of minority groups, none of them are the colour of the persons skin.

I'll say it again, I'm against all forms of discrimination. I want equal opportunity for all.

Ok so you say you want equal opportunity so how do you propose to reduce the gap between the white unemployment rate and for that of the BAME community? So that the hard evidence shows there is equality of opportunity?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The question is then if the BAME community are getting equal opportunity or are they being excluded even from the interview stage because of their ethnicity? It's a bit like the proposals for the Rooney Rule being introduced into UK football. I agree that if you are going to employ someone you want the best available but what shouldn't happen is to exclude people from the process just because of their ethnicity.

The statistics don't necessarily prove why there is a disparity but they do indicate a problem that really isn't as easily dismissed as down to education and culture!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/money/work-blog/2012/dec/07/fighting-discrimination-job-interview

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So how do you account for the different rates for the white population and the BAME community?

how about cultural differences. im talking a tendancy to encourage more career focused degrees rather than the creative, i.e. IT or Business instead of Media or English. simplist cross referencing statistics from one population to a sub group is bound to lead to false conclusions.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
When will people get into their heads that discrimination is discrimination, all acts of discrimination are a positive action to achieve a negative affect on a united society. I am personally offended by this advert in the same way I would be offended if it said whites only or men only or rich people only. I will get over being offended as I am retired but put yourself in the place of a 20 year old unemployed white person from a poor working class background. It is ads like these which are ammunition for people like the EDL.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No problem. I work in the industry and anything to dilute the white middle class educated liberal elite is a good thing :)

But in my opinion "internships" in general are an absolute disgrace and to be clear we aren't talking work experience.

This example does pay which is to be expected but I have met loads of people who have effectively worked for nothing.

What it leads to is a complete different kind of imbalance, those who can afford to work without being paid.

"Gap Year" culture whatever you want to call it. Problem is there are thousands of applicants who are willing (and able) to work for nothing with just perpectuates the problem.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Different areas, cultures levels of education IQs, disproportionate low skilled we dont need when Blair opened the floodgates ..

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
When will people get into their heads that discrimination is discrimination, all acts of discrimination are a positive action to achieve a negative affect on a united society. I am personally offended by this advert in the same way I would be offended if it said whites only or men only or rich people only. I will get over being offended as I am retired but put yourself in the place of a 20 year old unemployed white person from a poor working class background. It is ads like these which are ammunition for people like the EDL.

Doesn't alter the fact that white unemployment rate is much less than the BAME unemployment rate and even now in this day and age if you are Black in this country you are more likely to be discriminated against!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Four pages and no-one has pointed out that Creative Access is a non-profit organisation set up solely to help BAME jobseekers: it's discriminatory in the same way that Scope is discriminatory to non-disabled people and Help the Aged is discriminatory against young people.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Come on tell the rest of the class where he's coming from!

I think it's fairly obvious what they are insinuating. He's suggesting that BAME individuals on the whole are less intelligent and less able than white individuals, which is completely wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here