British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In the Olympics it will always be Robin Cousins for me winning gold

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst the page was loading to reveal the content I was assuming it would be this.

Electrifying.

I had a chat with Donald at the county ground a couple of seasons back and was visibly shaking. He asks if I was okay and I had to explain that it was a bit like meeting Darth Vader.

Of all the superb moments on this thread, this is it for me as well. Absolutely amazing spell of cricket between players at the top of their game in the heat of competition. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Atherton was immense.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

And I'm not even into betting on horses. But Frankel was breathtaking perfection.

Had the pleasure of seeing him win the 'Duel on the downs' against Canford Cliffs in the Sussex and then again the following year when he was odds of 1/20. I doubt I'll ever be lucky to see a horse like him again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had the pleasure of seeing him win the 'Duel on the downs' against Canford Cliffs in the Sussex and then again the following year when he was odds of 1/20. I doubt I'll ever be lucky to see a horse like him again.

Lucky. Did the pace of Frankel stand out as like nothing you'd seen before?

With those odds, in essense did that mean that not a sole put money on the horse?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

The most electric 20 minutes of cricket I've ever witnessed.

What made Donald so hostile in this sequence?

I mean obviously he's trying to get Atherton out, but I don't think I've ever seen a cricketer play with such raw hatred for an opponent. Or was he always like that?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

I was watching this laying on my bed.

When Akabusi went past Pettigrew I jumped into the air so high that when I landed I broke my bed :(

Just amazing to watch again, the World Champion v the bronze medalist in the 400m hurdles. And the world champion had a 3m head start with!

How the hell did he do it?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

He was amazing, but his 2000 Guineas win was the one which sticks in my mind.

It was so completely unexpected that a horse could manage a performance like that in a classic race.

They were strung out over Suffolk like 4m chasers running on heavy ground, not the cream of a classic generation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am not a huge rugby fan, but I have always been awestruck by this bar-bars try
I do wish they'd call JPR Williams JPR Williams, rather than John. Bloody confusing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Atherton remained unbeaten on 98 and England won by 8 wickets.

:D
And went on to win the series (which was not a common occurrence back then).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here