Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it means that you've had a ST for yonkers, but have a bit of a 'devil may care' attitude to away games. Possibly. Or it doesn't.

Its a fair summary if that's the case. I went away once last season (Fulham). But I DID go to every BEAMBACK.

I want another 20 points.

Dear Paul...

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
I now have no idea if I am in a good position or a poor position to get away tickets....

Season Ticket Holder Points
136 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)
Member Points
224 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

With no real idea of the bands they'll use for games - I'd suggest you'd be in the 2nd/3rd group with access.

For the big games, probably not great. For the less desirable away games, a good chance.

Regarding the points - if you're a season ticket holder - STH points are all that matter. I've seen on this thread people with low 300's and a lot with mid-high 200's.

Myself, I've got 231 - mainly due to my increased away attendance over the past 2 years.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Season Ticket Holder Points 160 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)
Member Points 242 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

Putting me above their 'first level threshold' but my OH below... I don't like going without her, so looks like we'll probably be missing out on most games next season (away)

150+ won't be the threshold...It is an example!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It does, and as I've said previously, including in this thread, I wouldn't have a problem with getting rid of the "premium", providing the club gave 1901ers credit for home cup games which they never used to do on a game by game basis (it was a fixed part of the "premium"). They have sorted the home cup game issue, so I'm cool with it.

However, two things:

A) 1901ers contractually commit for a 5-year term. It has been argued on here before, including by me, that was presumably part of the "premium" too. There is no element in the new scheme giving additional points for this commitment. So, either it was never part of the old "premium", or the club has now decided that the extra commitment is worth nothing.

B) However inequitous the old scheme may have been perceived to be (and I have agreed it was - at least except the home cup game bit), it was the scheme that 1901ers and the club signed up to. There will be 1901 neighbours of mine that will be pissed at the 100% removal of a premium.

To confirm: I'm ok with the changes. Others won't be.
Same here. Suppose it is fair enough that only a few away games means I am low in the queue. But the terms we signed up to might make interesting reading. Whatever the rights and wrongs, you can't change contract terms. I have no idea if they have without checking but a big deal was made about priority when we first signed up.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Its a fair summary if that's the case. I went away once last season (Fulham). But I DID go to every BEAMBACK.

I want another 20 points.

Dear Paul...

Ha! Don't. Despite the fact you're clearly joking, you know as well as I do that there will some people reading thinking, "He's got a point."...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not as pissed as I would be if they have never bothered going to away games and got a ticket before me! Those Tuesday night travels to Yorkshire have been rewarded and rightly so!

I agree that your away loyalty should be rewarded, but at least recognise that 1901ers have had something for 6 years and it's now been removed in entirety at a stroke of a pen. That will piss folk off. One neighbour has already texted me, ranting!

On balance, I think the new system is definitely fairer, which is why I'm ok with it (I've also been going to quite a few aways for many seasons, so it doesn't affect me).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Well that's just bloody great... Lesson learnt - ensure you sign up people to their own accounts so they gain loyalty points at the same rate as you, rather than buying them on my account :(

Hey? you would have used their fan numbers? the points would have been allocated to the fan number

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I agree that your away loyalty should be rewarded, but at least recognise that 1901ers have had something for 6 years and it's now been removed in entirety at a stroke of a pen. That will piss folk off. One neighbour has already texted me, ranting!

On balance, I think the new system is definitely fairer, which is why I'm ok with it (I've also been going to quite a few aways for many seasons, so it doesn't affect me).

They still get the cup games?!?!?

I can't help think that if they truly believe they should be entitled to jump the queue over fans that may not be so wealthy but scrimped and saved and went to most away games, that they need to give their heads a wobble!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I now have no idea if I am in a good position or a poor position to get away tickets....

Season Ticket Holder Points
136 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)
Member Points
224 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

The way I read it your Member points are irrelevant if you are an STH, as the windows will be based on STH points first.......in the example they quote 136 STH points would be in the second wave of sales (doubt whether that example will represent the actual points thresholds for games though)

Looks like Tony has had one of his quants working on it ! Does potentially look like a fairer scheme, recognising longer term STHs as well as those that travel away more frequently. As mentioned above the binfest will start once we know the thresholds for the sales.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I agree the new system is fairer. Paying more and being a 1901 member gets you a better seat and other benefits. If a 1901 member has not been to away games and decides to start in the Premier League but now can't, I have no sympathy.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They still get the cup games?!?!?

I can't help think that if they truly believe they should be entitled to jump the queue over fans that may not be so wealthy but scrimped and saved and went to most away games, that they need to give their heads a wobble!

I think you've misunderstood.

Last season, 1901ers got no additional points for home cup games as the ticket comes with them pre-paid. Some undefined component of the initial 100 LP "premium" was to account for this fact.

The new system treats 1901ers and STH in the same way as each other; we both get 5/10/15 points for the game when it is played. Fair, given the fixed "premium" has been removed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I agree the new system is fairer. Paying more and being a 1901 member gets you a better seat and other benefits. If a 1901 member has not been to away games and decides to start in the Premier League but now can't, I have no sympathy.

I'm going to stop being devil's advocate in a minute, particularly as I'm ok with the new scheme, but...

...one of the benefits was a 100 LP starting advantage. That's been removed unilaterally by the club...

...and, what about the 5-year commitment for a 1901 ticket vs a single season by season commitment for a STH? Is that not worth anything? The new scheme gives no credit for that.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Number of consecutive seasons, prior to the current season, the season ticket has been held.
This is applied since the first season at the Amex.

Glad to see all us glory hunters who sat in the rain at Withdean aren't considered loyal! :smile: If that is what you are going to do then fine but don't talk about points for 8 years + ST holders when you can't get more than 6 years at the moment.

They have to start it somewhere and that seems the most logical place to do it. How many of us from Withdean, who could afford it, did not go on to pick one up a ST for the Amex after all those exhausting years?

If they included Withdean too then I would be pissed off that it didn't include the Goldstone and Priestfield (as I took a couple years off after that':whistle:).

The points increase also diminishes after Year 4 of holding a ticket so anybody late to the party doesn't have much to worry about. Their points increase will be more significant as each year passes than the 'veterans'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here