The Lions Tour

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a brutal game and a fantastic win to keep the series alive

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Great win, showed some great character there to drag themselves back into it. Lucky Barrett's kicking was off. Still need to improve massively to win the final one

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What a load of overblown hullabaloo, to be honest I've been sick of the ridiculously overblown build up to an event which was always going to be so predicatable, a white-wash to the All-Blacks. Perhaps at least we could compete and win a few of the other matches but potentially they could now come home with only a single win on the entire tour. Absolutely embarrassing.

Send them home now.

Hmmm

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I think he might be dropped....

I can't claim to be an expert on egg chasing, but he was poor, wasn't he? I gather there was talk before the tour that he might be a weak point for the All Blacks.

Which makes me wonder: surely a nation as good at rugby as New Zealand would have somebody better than that?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hold my hands up, I was pessimistic after the loss, with the mighty blacks having home advantage against a scratch team.

All the ex players and coaches this week said Farrell and Sexton should always start, and Itoje too. A week late but fair play to Gatland for changing it now.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Glad the series is still alive but it's still gonna be an awesome challenge to win the decider.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't claim to be an expert on egg chasing, but he was poor, wasn't he? I gather there was talk before the tour that he might be a weak point for the All Blacks.

Which makes me wonder: surely a nation as good at rugby as New Zealand would have somebody better than that?

No way. He's not the greatest place kicker but he's a superb player. Kicking isn't everything, if it were, the Lions would be playing Halfpenny. The All Blacks would take a few missed kicks for everything else he brings to the game. And don't forget that the conditions were foul today, it was a tough day for goal kicking.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
No way. He's not the greatest place kicker but he's a superb player. Kicking isn't everything, if it were, the Lions would be playing Halfpenny. The All Blacks would take a few missed kicks for everything else he brings to the game. And don't forget that the conditions were foul today, it was a tough day for goal kicking.

Absolutely. But the only thing I find strange is that they dont have a better kicker in the team at all. If the Lions (Or England/Wales for that matter) play a weaker kicking 10 they can usually have a kicker in another position.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here