Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Indeed they could, but it was one of those little secret sets that Glasto throws up each year.

I saw them at Wembley Stadium a few years back which meant so much to them they performed a song that they'd written just for the occasion. It was a nice touch full of great observations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM3L7VRQALM

After they finished at Wembley, they dashed into town and played a small follow-up gig in front of only a few hundred people.

I'm looking forward to seeing them again at Hyde Park in a few weeks time. I'll watch the Glasto set on catch-up to warm up for it!

Saw them at The Dome in an NME tour headlining....Bottom of the bill a small band called The Keyser Chiefs, second on Bloc Party, main support was The Futureheads....

Was a nice evening i recall

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
This Ed Sheeran thing. When you're potless and standing outside Boots in the precinct, a shite guitar and casio drum machine is ok. When you're worth millions and headlining, you can do a bit better. IMHO natch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just watched them, great atmosphere generated. Surprised they weren't on the main stage, would have thought they could've headlined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They've certainly headlined the main stage in the past.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
This Ed Sheeran thing. When you're potless and standing outside Boots in the precinct, a shite guitar and casio drum machine is ok. When you're worth millions and headlining, you can do a bit better. IMHO natch.

Cant agree....just showing how talented he is..

Look at his world tour which is all but sold out and thousands want to see him as he is.

He starts in the states in a few days and finishes In New Zealand March 2018..( sold out)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I quite like Ed Sheeran songs when I hear them on the radio. But he is boring live if this is anything to go by. Not my cup of tea, anyway.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Why would you change who you are? Not a fan but enjoying the set tonight!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Cant agree....just showing how talented he is..

Look at his world tour which is all but sold out and thousands want to see him as he is.

He starts in the states in a few days and finishes In New Zealand March 2018..( sold out)

Good for him, he is definitely not crap, but this show at least is lacking something. Not sure what.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Saw them at The Dome in an NME tour headlining....Bottom of the bill a small band called The Keyser Chiefs, second on Bloc Party, main support was The Futureheads....

Was a nice evening i recall
I went to the Southampton Guildhall gig of that tour, fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Why would you change who you are? Not a fan but enjoying the set tonight!
Most acts change, evolve, whatever. Dylan went electric. Nirvana went unplugged. I'd like to hear him in a different way.

If his singles came out like this, rather than beautifully mixed, would they have the same appeal?

Each to their own of course.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think the background graphics have detracted from a lot of the acts this year. Just because the technology exists doesn't mean it should be used. Detracts from the music and the mood created by great stage lighting.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
My kids like Ed Sheeran, I'm not mad about him. Although I am nearly 50 so what do i know about possibly the biggest pop star on the planet.

But f**king hell playing the closing set at Glastonbury (the majority of it just him, a guitar and a rack of effects).... what an amazing thing to do at 26 years old.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My other half thinks Sheeran's music is great.

To me, it's so boring, just not my musical thing. Thankfully we have more than one TV!

I haven't watched everything, but to me The Killers and The Pretenders were great. I'll catch up on The Foo Fighters later in the week. Live, I guess I enjoy the stage presence and power of a talented/original band, getting the crowd going.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's outstanding, can't bear his music at all, but wow, he's seems to be nailing this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here