Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017-18 Fixtures [Home to Man City - first game]

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I was hoping for a big team first for the reason we should be coming out the box buzzing and at our super human best. One of the best chances to beat a big team imo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Argus have a slightly different version, note the match scheduled for September 30. Massive local derby, think they will have to move it to a bigger stadium, such as the Emirates.
Fixtures.JPG

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If you go through the list and predict scores it is hard to get to more than about 40pts without feeling over-optimistic... very strange situation.

We need to buy/loan some seriously good players to have a chance of staying up with any degree of comfort - but we all know that.

Spurs, united and Liverpool all within the last 4 games

Can I just put in a moan and ask people to stop referring to Manchester United simply as "United"?

Other Uniteds are available, for example at Newcastle or West Ham.

Likewise "City". Not everyone immediately thinks of Stoke, Swansea or Leicester.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If you go through the list and predict scores it is hard to get to more than about 40pts without feeling over-optimistic... very strange situation.

We need to buy/loan some seriously good players to have a chance of staying up with any degree of comfort - but we all know that.

My overly optimistic pedictions got me 42, it has only just dawned how good yet how crap this season is going to be.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When you see the fixtures it really hits home how tough its gonna be, can't wait lets enjoy the ride

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Last home game at Goldstone - Doncaster
First home game at Amex - Doncaster

Last home match in top division - Man City
First home match in return to top division - Man City

Nice!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Newcastle away 30th Dec, then a home game on 1st Jan is harsh. Would have liked New Years Eve in Newcastle but no chance of making it back for a nice home game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My overly optimistic pedictions got me 42, it has only just dawned how good yet how crap this season is going to be.
We could finish 10th with 42 points.

The 19 home games at The Amex will be brilliant. When the top 6 come to town they will bring a great occasion and jaw-dropping talent to battle for as long as we can on the pitch.

The other 13 home games will all be massive because we have to get points from them. I am much less excited about the list of away games.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just hit me like a brick the challenge we are facing.

This.

I remember thinking, not long after we'd been promoted, "oh there's loads of winnable games and I fancy our chances against a couple of the Big 6". Now I'm looking at that list and thinking "Oh God, this is going to be f**king mental"

Can't wait :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've never been one for caring about fixtures but this time it's just different, isn't it?

Man City will be on TV. 100%

I've always had the mantra of "you play everyone at some point, it doesn't matter in what order" however this time, with the challenge ahead, I'm relieved to see we only have one "horror" moment in March where we play Arsenal, Everton and Man City in a row.

The only other bit I "care" about is April. Typically the month where even the SHITTEST of SHIT teams can put a run together and save it. Hudds, Palace, Spurs and Bunley is a good month.

I can't wait.

Oh, and can we accept now that we are going to be defensive against Gabriel Jesus, Sergio Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Raheem Sterling, so let's not panic about our "tactics" for the season, yeah?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can I just put in a moan and ask people to stop referring to Manchester United simply as "United"?

Likewise "City". Not everyone immediately thinks of Stoke, Swansea or Leicester.

Nah.

'United' and 'City' are (currently, if not historically) THE 'United' and 'City'.

Everybody (bar a supporter of one of the other clubs named United or City) would immediately understand who you were referring to.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Absolutely this , fans of other clubs would never refer to us as just Albion .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here