Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you bought that were a MASSIVE disappointment

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
a 99p cheeseburger from McDonalds. Was furious when it didn't look like the picture.

:flounce:

I jest of course, those people need shooting.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was excited to go. I'd been sold the DREAM.

"wow" I thought. "I'm really excited to see what they are raving about".

I basically queued up for a roast chicken and some uncle bens 2min microwaveable rice. It's what I eat for lunch every day for £2.

I could get it if people said "oh yeah. Nando's is ok. Worth a try". But I was going off people RAVING about the place.

We did exactly the same after Mrs CoolJ's workmates kept banging on about how great it was. Massive disappointment.

The food isn't shit, it's just very, very average, massively overpriced and the place isn't even a proper restaurant, just a tarted up fast food joint.

What really annoyed me is that we wasted an opportunity to eat out somewhere decent and spent about the same amount. What were all these people going on about?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think we're up to seven or eight on the minidisc front.... Still got mine, actually quite handy for saving jingles on for my radio show, but at the time it was supposed to be the utter balls. Then the Microsoft Zune came out and everything changed.......

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think we're up to seven or eight on the minidisc front.... Still got mine, actually quite handy for saving jingles on for my radio show, but at the time it was supposed to be the utter balls. Then the Microsoft Zune came out and everything changed.......

I still have my any minidisc player gathering dust..I actually really liked it till the IPod generation came out!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
BHAFC LIFETIME Away Membership Scheme.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
A WD personal cloud. 4 tb of memory, which sounds good, but the copy rate to it is horrendously slow. I can copy one of my Android projects from one laptop to the other in about a minute - copying it to the cloud can take over 10 minutes. It wouldn't be quite so bad if I could set up a copy/backup and leave it, but a) it loses wi-fi signal frequently so needs manual intervention to fix it and b) it has a problem with file properties which needs manual intervention also.

ATM it's a £120 useless block of plastic and silicon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A WD personal cloud. 4 tb of memory, which sounds good, but the copy rate to it is horrendously slow. I can copy one of my Android projects from one laptop to the other in about a minute - copying it to the cloud can take over 10 minutes. It wouldn't be quite so bad if I could set up a copy/backup and leave it, but a) it loses wi-fi signal frequently so needs manual intervention to fix it and b) it has a problem with file properties which needs manual intervention also.

ATM it's a £120 useless block of plastic and silicon.

I had one of those - I won it in a competition. Totally agree with this, complete waste of money (or would have been if I'd paid for it)

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
When the battery went on my car I replaced it, but the car radio then wanted a 4 digit pin number - which I didn't have. So I bought a new car radio and fitted it - turns out it only has FM, no MW. I mean, wtf ?

Those radio codes are as worthless (or worse than worthless) as locking wheelnuts on an old car. I liked the original Renault Laguna approach. It had a cover that you could flip down over the radio/cassette to keep it away from prying eyes. Therefore, if you left it open, people could see that there was a standard Renault radio cassette in it. If you closed it, obviously the MINIMUM that was in there was a standard Renault radio cassette..... Kind of rendered it pointless.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Reading this thread reminds me of the Stewart Lee routine where he bangs on about how we used to have THINGS. Actual STUFF you can touch with your HANDS and SMELL and BREAK.

I bloody LOVED my minidisc, (Sony MZ-NH1) and I (honestly, hand on heart) have never had the same audio quality from any other device, be it ipods, iPhones or other MP3 players. Sold it a few years ago as it turned out it was the last ever one produced and a bit of a collector's item when mint. Got over £300 for it...

Really miss the old girl though :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here