Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plea to Hughton - Bruno

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Warren Aspinal pretty scathing on Albion's inability to have brought in another centre-back by now.

Unless Dunk is being sold,and the German is way off fitness,then spending big money on a 4th choice i have trouble with. I would hope Hall ,White etc would fill that position .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thought Bruno did well but Dunk was immense and covered the couple of times that he missed one. Would be great to have Goldson available on Friday as we have no depth in defence currently but at least we know Bruno can cover if necessary

Stumpy Tim

I have, but generally I stand up for the manager, and have been accused of being a licker.
The point is that lots of people come here to discuss football, you included. It's ludicrous to say that shouldn't happen. It would be a pretty boring board if everyone was only allowed to agree with the manager.

And let's face it, you would have to have been an imbecile to have agreed with Hyppia most of the time!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The point is that lots of people come here to discuss football, you included. It's ludicrous to say that shouldn't happen. It would be a pretty boring board if everyone was only allowed to agree with the manager.

And let's face it, you would have to have been an imbecile to have agreed with Hyppia most of the time!

I thought Hyppia started off well, and went further than most of our recent managers in the League Cup. He then lost his way. I felt sorry for him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Justifiably so they obviously havent learnt from our left back situation last season.

Are you ever going to stop going on about this? It's completely different. Here we have only one fit centre back (although as it turns out Goldson will hopefully be fit on Friday so not for long). Then we had a fit and high quality left back. We were unlucky that he got injured so soon after. You say you were right. I say the odds of that happening were very low and we were really unlucky.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Got away with it.

Let's hope we don't try to get away with it again vs Forest.

How exactly did we get away with it. It's not like Derby were unlucky. I was concerned about Bruno at centre back but, after the first 10-15 minutes, we looked comfortable and Derby didn't really look like scoring. Bruno played well and a couple of times he missed out, Dunk covered very well.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Presumably Hall will get a run out against Colchester. That should give us an idea whether he's a viable option or not.

It is a difficult choice for the defence against Colchester. Doubt we want to play any of the players who started yesterday in case of further injury but you can't play four young players at the back. Presumably, as he was on the bench yesterday, White will play ahead of Hall if it is one or the other.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
How exactly did we get away with it. It's not like Derby were unlucky. I was concerned about Bruno at centre back but, after the first 10-15 minutes, we looked comfortable and Derby didn't really look like scoring. Bruno played well and a couple of times he missed out, Dunk covered very well.
Derby did not capitalise on our "weakness" so I would agree we got away with playing a player out of position. Needs sorting ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We got away with it in the sense that we didn't concede a goal with a player playing out of position as center back.

Let's not try and get away with the same makeshift selection on Friday against a Forest attack containing an on fire Assombalonga.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Are you saying you've never discussed your opinion on any Brighton player or on team choices in all your years on NSC?

I agree this is a place to discuss football tactics. What I find irritating is people who seem to think they know better than Hughton and some on this thread are quite like that. With Hyppia, fair enough. With a manager who got us to third place last season, which nobody expected it is a bit ridiculous. The OP making a plea to Hughton to not play Bruno is an example of what annoys me.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We got away with it in the sense that we didn't concede a goal with a player playing out of position as center back.

Let's not try and get away with the same makeshift selection on Friday against a Forest attack containing an on fire Assombalonga.

To me, getting away with it suggested we were lucky. Which is wrong. We defended well, even when Martin came on who people would say made the difference. Forest were on fire against Burton, a team playing their first Championship game and favourites to be relegated. It's a bit different to playing a team who came third last season. If Bruno needs to play on Friday, then so be it. Ideally we have Goldson back or a new signing but if Bruno has to play, then we have to deal with it.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
To me, getting away with it suggested we were lucky. Which is wrong. We defended well, even when Martin came on who people would say made the difference. Forest were on fire against Burton, a team playing their first Championship game and favourites to be relegated. It's a bit different to playing a team who came third last season. If Bruno needs to play on Friday, then so be it. Ideally we have Goldson back or a new signing but if Bruno has to play, then we have to deal with it.
Yes we were lucky Derby did not make more of it. No one is suggesting Bruno didn't play well but we can go all season with him there can we.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Justifiably so they obviously havent learnt from our left back situation last season.

WTF?

You mean when Rosenior provided more than adequate cover?

Or when we brought in Liam Ridgewell who played 5 league games and we only lost one of them?

This season at CB we have three players who could all be valid first choice, plus two in the dev squad who people are suggesting might be worth a go.

And on top of that we have been putting in bids for another first choice CB.

What else do you want them to do? This isn't the latest release of Football Manager 2017 it's real life.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
WTF?

You mean when Rosenior provided more than adequate cover?

Or when we brought in Liam Ridgewell who played 5 league games and we only lost one of them?

This season at CB we have three players who could all be valid first choice, plus two in the dev squad who people are suggesting might be worth a go.

And on top of that we have been putting in bids for another first choice CB.

What else do you want them to do? This isn't the latest release of Football Manager 2017 it's real life.

Well put. It gets really boring after six months of him talking the same rubbish.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hope fully we will have a recognised CB alongside Dunk be it Goldson or a new signing. Slightly OT watching the FL Show I thought that both Assombalonga goals were tight and could have been ruled out for offside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here