Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Should Children Be Introduced into The Albion Family?

Knocker15

May 18, 2013
Gosport, Hants
Just wondered when you where or when did you introduce your children to The Albion. Today I purchased my Grandaughter's first season ticket and she will be coming with me and the rest of the family to her first game on August the 8th against Forest, by which time she will be the grand old age of 8 months and 3 days old.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From birth - buy them a bib and a romper suit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My eldest attended Withdean at the grand old age of 5 .... days.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm from a background where my parents support London clubs. I went to my first game with my dad at the age of 9 (spurs friendly) and have been going independently ever since.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My eldest had a Brighton babygro from birth but he was 4 when I took him to Withdean and he got bored silly - we had to leave at half time. Luckily it was the Woking cup match so we didn't miss much.

Tried him again just after his 6th birthday at the Amex and he loved it. He had a season ticket last season aged 7 and 8 and has done his first away. We've renewed and, looking at the fixtures, will probably do Fulham, Reading, MK and Charlton again away next season.

However, I reckon if you are taking them that young they will be old hands by the time they're three or four and totally used to it.

Not sure there is a right time really, just a right time for you and them.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think I'd want to take them at an age where they'd be able to appreciate it and not take it for granted.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
You need to indoctrinate her with recorded chants and songs and her first words should be 'Amex' and 'Dick'. Also teach her to associate her poo and pee with Palarse.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Eldest son, first game aged 5 when we played home games at Gillingham, he wasn't interested in the match at all.
Middle son, first game aged 3 at Withdean, he loved it and couldn't wait to go again.
Youngest son, first game as a baby at Withdean, we couldn't get a babysitter so we took him to the match.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
My eldest saw us win away to Southend under Micky Adams 2, 7 years ago - she was 3 months old. A few weeks ago a parent claimed she had bullied her to daughter, telling her to wear a Brighton hat and not a rubbishy Arsenal one. Not bad as we live in Walthamstow.

el punal

Just wondered when you where or when did you introduce your children to The Albion. Today I purchased my Grandaughter's first season ticket and she will be coming with me and the rest of the family to her first game on August the 8th against Forest, by which time she will be the grand old age of 8 months and 3 days old.

Development squad it is then! :albion2:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
My granddad took me along when I was 4, which is just about the earliest a kid can remember their first game. I remember extremely little of it, apart from the fact we lost 3-2 and conceded a last minute goal. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here