Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "dreadful" transport situation - a poll

How satisfied are you, generally, with the Amex travel arrangements?

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think its not bad moving 27k from The Amex in the time it takes but voted needs improvement because the club should always be looking towards improving the matchday experience to satisfy most/all fans and keeping the momentum going in trying to make the travelling to and from the ground as easy as possible.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Then questions need asking why stewards were giving out advice telling people for Mithras House to use the 23/25 bus as the P&R wait would be a 1 hour wait.

That is completely and utterly untrue.

I stayed for one pint and walked out of the Amex before 5.30pm. There was no queue at all for Mithras (there was for Mill Road) and I walked straight onto one of the three waiting double deckers.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
What time was this out of curiosity? We left after one pint (about 5:30 I suppose) and walking to Fiveways (45 minutes) we saw a train was leaving the station just before we headed down the stairs of the WSU, another as we walked past Falmer station, another as we got to the keep and another as we walked past Moulsecoomb station 25 minutes later. So there were four in around 20 - 25 minutes after 5:30. Perhaps there had been a delay before?

This would have been around 5.15. Maybe it was a freak occurrence, but it seemed an unusually long amount of time between trains.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Is the new signalling something that will be ready for the start of next season?

From my man on the inside...yes. They will be completed / implemented during the close season and next season they will have an increased number of trains on the line reducing the waiting time. This coupled with the platform extension we had this year means the line will be 'optimised'.

Kendo3

Jul 26, 2004
Uckfield
Drove to Yeovil away this year, it took longer with crowd quarter of the size to get away from the ground than it does to get to Lewes by train after full time. Similary with Leeds away, so we're not doing to badly with 27k.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again. Just needs a way to get the Mithrus buses in and out quicker. The up ramp should be buses only on the left with police ensuring this. At Mithrus the bus should be turned around in Lewes Road at the stop rather than sending it on a 10 minute run around the gyratory. The guys at the Amex stop post game have got loading the buses down to a fine art.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I park at The Bridge Car Park and everything is great apart from the price - £15 is way too much to be charging for this when the only overheads are 3 stewards to take the cash for a couple of hours before kick-off - usually there are no stewards in that car park after the match.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Whilst there can always be improvements I find the travel fine. If the extra signal equipment going in means more trains then getting away by rail will be excellent.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I park at The Bridge Car Park and everything is great apart from the price - £15 is way too much to be charging for this when the only overheads are 3 stewards to take the cash for a couple of hours before kick-off - usually there are no stewards in that car park after the match.

Do you share transport? I split the cost with my brother at the uni and find it worth my while although if I was alone, as you say, it would perhaps be considered expensive.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Generally those who complain about transport have not been to an away game by public transport.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do you share transport? I split the cost with my brother at the uni and find it worth my while although if I was alone, as you say, it would perhaps be considered expensive.

No, I come alone from Ashington on Saturday and Steyning in the week and meet up with friends on WSU concourse after the match.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
There has been an increase in trains but on Saturday and the eithe the Ipswich or Boro game there seemed to have been other issues causing large gaps between the trains.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Only thing that lets it down for me is the poor service back to Hastings for midweek games. Can't get back to St Leonards until 23.50 so end up having to drive. If I drive I still don't get home until approx 23.30, but it means my lad can attend midweek games.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I can only speak about the trains to and from Brighton Station but this season there have been no problems whatsoever. I've found the stewarding at Brighton to be superb, normally get a train within a few minutes and even on midweek games only have to let one train go before getting the next one.

I normally leave 45-60 minutes after the game depending on what mood I'm in but have pretty much walked straight on to a train every time, and no queues to get on either platform.

No idea what the buses and P&R are like but the train situation is a vast improvement on seasons 1 + 2. No complaints from me at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here