Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Andrews' lack of pace made him more of a liability than an asset in my view but I've no doubt he always did his best for the club.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
He was like watching a crab/slug hybrid.

:lolol:

He was truly, truly dreadful. My "favourite" move of his was when he'd decide (on his own) to up the tempo of the pressing. He'd manically race out of holding midfield with absolutely no warning, straight at an oppo centre half with the ball, who would casually pass it around him and leave him 40 yards out of position. :ffsparr:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:lolol:

He was truly, truly dreadful. My "favourite" move of his was when he'd decide (on his own) to up the tempo of the pressing. He'd manically race out of holding midfield with absolutely no warning, straight at an oppo centre half with the ball, who would casually pass it around him and leave him 40 yards out of position. :ffsparr:

Spot on. Pacey midfields like Derby's and most others, knew his game has crawled to an embarrassing halt and exploited this after watching dvd's of his awful immobility.

No doubt a nice bloke, and he had been PL class in his time, as well as deservedly part of a good Ireland midfield. But those days had long gone by the time he signed for BHA.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
he was just very, very dull as a footballer

really struggling to remember a single thing he did in an entire season of football. he didn't even have the decency to be shit enough for me to hate him

He had a shot that hit the post against some dire team. OK for a mid-table team. Need better for promotion.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
My main memory of Keith Andrews is that, in his spare time on a trip to the cinema, he wears trainers, a tracksuit and a bodywarmer. Unacceptable.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
His first few games were very good. Good luck to him at Watford, a solid squad player.

Yes l agree. I can't really understand a lot of the negativity about him on here. Probably a bit past his best, but always tried hard, and l can think of a lot worse players.

Was always complimentary about our club too.

Good luck Keith.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes l agree. I can't really understand a lot of the negativity about him on here. Probably a bit past his best, but always tried hard, and l can think of a lot worse players.

Good luck Keith.

No one is slagging off Andrews the person, his professionalism or effort.
Just the quality (or lack of) of football by the time he played for us.
It's only opinions, of course.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Watford were originally going for Emmanuel Frimpong, but have gone for Andrews.

Frimpong any good?

Wiki describes his playing style as known for his energy in the midfield and has been compared with ex-Arsenal player Alex Song and various other African midfielders who have lots of pace and stamina.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Good luck Keith.

Second this

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe Watfords Assistant Coach fancied him, and then remembered.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here