Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Natural History Museum in London possible incident.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
A woman is always right right?

I married said woman who happened to be Pompey. On the law of averages you could be right 50% of the time but was told time immemorial that she was 100% right. I'm now living alone and have my sanity.

Lets not demean the discussion mate. Plenty of men on here think they are always right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One tweet I've seen said an Uber driver making an illegal left turn. Maybe people should wait to see what it really is, before commenting.

More and more tweets saying this.

https://twitter.com/Greggypeck/status/916656683149152256

[tweet]916656683149152256[/tweet]

Now many tweets saying it was a cab driver.

This a photo of the car (the black Toyota)
https://twitter.com/VOP_Today/status/916675160492490753

[tweet]916675160492490753[/tweet]

Hmmm

I wonder if Greg the West Ham supporting Cabbie would have any ulterior motives by reporting this as a Uber crash.....

This is exactly why I am not on twitter

It might be, and it might be a terror attack, but I'm just checking for updates. The registration number checks out.

Not having a go at you fella, I know how much Cabbies hate Uber drivers and when I saw that he states he is a cabdriver on his profile alarm bells started ringing.

We will know the details pretty soon, to early to guess on this one.

I didn't say it wasn't terrorist. I said it was an Uber driver.

Following your logic, how do you know it was an Uber driver? Jumping to conclusions?!

The number plate might have checked out but I ask again, how do you know it was an Uber driver?

I've put these questions to her but she's conveniently forgotten

I said tweets said it was an Uber driver.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I said tweets said it was an Uber driver.

So you follow tweets and the world is good. Please please look at what you're seeing rather than Internet chatter.

But you still don't know if it's an Uber driver or not which in fact is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A crash outside a London museum that injured 11 people was not terror-related, police say.

A car mounted the pavement outside the Natural History Museum in Exhibition Road, South Kensington, at 14:20 BST.

The Metropolitan Police earlier said one person had been arrested and video footage that emerged on Twitter showed a man being restrained on the ground.

An update from the force said the incident was now being treated as "a road traffic collision".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-41538762

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
People on social media seem to think that cars mounting pavements is a new thing and it is a coincidence that it happened near tourists. Every sodding accident is assumed terror. A couple of years back a car smashed into a shop near my kids' school - someone put car in drive instead of reverse. A few months ago in a town 5 miles away a car mounted curb and hit family. This happened twice in recent history near little old Warwick. Panic takes over. Sheesh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where should I post your cookie ?

I said it was to early to guess, and at no point said it was terror related.

You did say it was too early, and I wasn't saying you said it was terror related. There were several posts all at once, but the inference wasn't aimed at you.

Don't worry about the cookie, I'm losing weight. .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People on social media seem to think that cars mounting pavements is a new thing and it is a coincidence that it happened near tourists. Every sodding accident is assumed terror. A couple of years back a car smashed into a shop near my kids' school - someone put car in drive instead of reverse. A few months ago in a town 5 miles away a car mounted curb and hit family. This happened twice in recent history near little old Warwick. Panic takes over. Sheesh.

Only a few days ago a woman went to jail for hitting a family in Kent, whilst drink driving, but unfortunately, when it happens in London or a big city, people think the worst.

Yoda

English & European
Only a few days ago a woman went to jail for hitting a family in Kent, whilst drink driving, but unfortunately, when it happens in London or a big city, people think the worst.

Could you imagine the panic, overreacting and wrong jumping to conclusions if the Glasgow Bin Lorry accident happened now instead of 3 years ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here