Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryanair.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Buy Ryanair tickets, they may work when you would like or maybe not! Still, they do offer cheap tickets, don't they?

If you fly this airline you will get what you ask for. Good Luck!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I use it most years for Bristol to Beziers.... want to get flights for late June next year, may have to think again... maybe Easyjet to Toulouse... but that leaves a 90 mile drive to house instead if 20.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Proof that you can be ultra successful even when you treat people like shit, just as long as you offer things people want cheaply.

I'd rather walk than fly on that arrogant rude ****s airline.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Ryanair now getting castigated by the CE of the CAA on the news right now for their mistreatment of passengers, including failing to inform passengers of their consumer rights. (No change there)

Curiously, Michael O'Leary has been very muted throughout this saga. Most unusual for a man never shy of the limelight & a spot of free publicity. Quelle Surprise.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Ryanair's, Michael O'Leary, arrives in a hotel in Dublin; he goes to the bar and asks for a pint of draught Guinness. The barman nodded and said, "That will be one Euro please, Mr. O'Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition," said the barman, "and we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8 p.m. We have the cheapest beer in Ireland."

"That is a remarkable value," comments Michael.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 euros please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat.

"Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra 2 euros. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro."

"I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please?"

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains, "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of 4 euros for your seat sir."

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you," added the barman. "Since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euros."

O'Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"Ah, I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be 2 euro please."

O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."

"I've had enough, what sort of bar is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his E-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday by dealing this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, and then there is a talking charge of only 10 cents per second."

"I will never use this bar again!"

"OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro."

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It's ok treating people/customers like shit when you deliver but when it goes tits up then you've had it

But they don't really need to worry - as soon as we leave the EU O'Leary's already told us that there won't be any flights at all to Europe from the UK

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Norwegian have been offering the best deal from New York to the UK for a while - easily undercutting BA and Virgin. They fly into Gatwick unlike BA and Virgin and their fleet is probably one of the most modern.

Just a FYI, there is a daily BA service that does LGW to JFK.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
In my experience RyanAir aren't even particularly cheap. Rather they peddle the no frills line (cramped unconformable flights, extra costs, dire customer service) without actually being any cheaper and sometimes even more expensive than other options. It's marketing. Treating you like crap in an attempt to make it more believable that you're getting a dirt cheap deal. When in fact you're just being treated like crap. I'm yet to fly Norwegian, but I've always been happier with EasyJet, and even with BA you can get some pretty good deals to rival Ryan.

I'm hopeful that this PR disaster will force RyanAir to reform some of it's practices and attitudes.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ryanair management have been treating their customers and their staff with utter contempt for years and seemingly thinking themselves quite clever for doing so.

Well, finally it is all coming home to roost.

Their key staff are deserting them in droves and hopefully their passengers will start to do the same. Not only have they cancelled thousands of flights to mitigate a cock-up entirely of their own making, they have had to be threatened with court action by the CAA to actually be straight and honest with affected customers regarding their legal rights. They couldn't even be decent enough to tell people what they are entitled to, without being forced to.

If this signals the beginning of the end for Ryanair I certainly wouldn't shed any tears.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In my experience RyanAir aren't even particularly cheap. Rather they peddle the no frills line (cramped unconformable flights, extra costs, dire customer service) without actually being any cheaper and sometimes even more expensive than other options. .

To be fair I have flown with Ryan Air a few times and I found the seats to be less cramped than a lot of other shorthall companies.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A few weeks back an airport employee allegedly slapped an EasyJet passenger. What's the general feeling about this? Are there occasions or situations when a passenger, or any customer, needs a slap?

Lot's of times!

But it should never happen.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
As a private hire driver who drops a lot of people off at Gatwick I can honestly say I’ve not had one bad report about easy jet this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't think Easyjet customers could afford private cars.... probably cost more than the flights?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here