Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School in Lewes bans girls from wearing skirts in new PC drive

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I think the evidence is there. The genders gravitate to roles they relate to or feel most suited too. Why do women naturally gravitate towards nursing rather than the military?

To be a leader you need to have a natural inclination to be drawn to leadership.

To become a leader one has to often sacrifice various things. Men are more willing to make those sacrifices and work the longer hours than women to get there and the statistics of work hours back that up.
Really? Nothing at all to do with gender bias, societal expectations and stereotyping built up over centuries? Yes, there are some jobs that men on the whole will do better than women because of the physical strength but being a leader is not one of them.

Any way, I'm done - you just carry on repeating "men are better leaders because they are."

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think the evidence is there. The genders gravitate to roles they relate to or feel most suited too. Why do women naturally gravitate towards nursing rather than the military?

To be a leader you need to have a natural inclination to be drawn to leadership.

To become a leader one has to often sacrifice various things. Men are more willing to make those sacrifices and work the longer hours than women to get there and the statistics of work hours back that up.

I do not agree what so ever, there is strong evidence that as you suggest men who become "leaders" in their fields be it business or politics have traits they share with psychopaths two very good examples are Hitler and Trump, and we can all agree their willingness to sacrifice "things" as you say can be taken to extremes.

i think like many things you get good and bad, no one gender is better or worse it is how we adapt to pre set conditions.

Have a good evening fella.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I live in the same place as TB and I disagree wholeheartedly with his comments so it is not his location that is responsible for his view. As a point of order Geelong is a fantastic place to live and has as many smart capable women as anywhere else that i have lived (if you are ever in Australia I would be happy to show you around). I also have the pleasure of knowing many women who are strong and confident leaders.

As a point of order, I work in education which is female dominated and don't think I have ever seen anyone crying at work. At work we generally manage to manage our emotions effectively.
Happy to stand corrected on this one.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Parents have criticised a school which has banned girls from wearing skirts.

Priory School in Lewes says from now on, all new Year 7 pupils must wear trousers.

Headteacher Tony Smith brought in the measure to deal with complaints from parents about short skirts and to make the uniform gender neutral for transgender students.

Instead of wearing a grey skirt, girls must now must wear grey trousers.

But some parents feel angry trousers have been enforced at the school, which is rated good by Ofsted."

Outrage!
Better idea to scrap the school uniform altogether.

It is necessary for students, particularly girls, wear appropriate clothing - not for some gender nonsense - but to avoid inappropriate behaviour from other students.

As for the Ofsted 'rating' - that is about as relevant to the educational attainment of students as is the type of clothing they are wearing.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
You've not provided any evidence to prove women are better leaders.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women-better-leaders-men-study-a7658781.html

Women are better leaders than men, study of 3,000 managers

There are twice as many men called John as there are women leading FTSE100 companies.

What's more, the proportion of women declines at each stage of an executive career path.

But a new study has concluded that women are better suited to leadership than men.

The study, led by Professor Øyvind L. Martinsen, head of Leadership and Organisational Behaviour at the BI Norwegian Business School, assessed the personality and characteristics of nearly 3,000 managers.

In nearly all areas, they concluded that women were better leaders than their male counterparts.

Women outperformed men in four of the five categories studied: initiative and clear communication; openness and ability to innovate; sociability and supportiveness; and methodical management and goal-setting.

However men did appear to be better than women at dealing with work-related stress and they had higher levels of emotional stability.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here