Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
David Adekola. A Jimmy Case signing. Made one appearance. Had the mobility of somebody who'd been constipated for a month. His wiki suggests he was 'unfamiliar with the truth' regarding previous experience in Europe & international appearances on his CV. On the evidence of his one Albion appearance, there could be something in that claim.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Florent Chaigneau

One game (away somewhere) in 05/06.
He was shite.

He also played in an FA Cup at home to Coventry at Withdean, plus a League Cup appearance I think, we lost them all.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Geoff Pitcher scored against Wycombe (along with Steve Melton) in a 2-1 win in the FL Trophy in 2001

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Who was the guy Micky Adams signed, played one game, Barnet away, and then we never saw him again. Something to do with his visa?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
He may have played more than one game actually, but who was that striker we had on loan from Aston Villa around 06/7 ish time. He scored v chesterfield in what was Dean Willkins first proper game in charge( think we lost 2-1)? Williams or something like that?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Packham made bad mistake in i think only game, Fenelon Looked terrible in first and only game of season

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Who was the guy Micky Adams signed, played one game, Barnet away, and then we never saw him again. Something to do with his visa?

Think he was a Horton signing. He looked half decent as I remember? Can't remember the name. A pity he wasn't working here legit. :(

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He may have played more than one game actually, but who was that striker we had on loan from Aston Villa around 06/7 ish time. He scored v chesterfield in what was Dean Willkins first proper game in charge( think we lost 2-1)? Williams or something like that?

Sam Williams

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire

Emeka Ifejiagwa - he looked quality. On loan I think. Almost took a steward's head off with a shot that went just wide. I'll never forget that game. Got soaked in away end. So wet, the ball didn't bounce at the lower side of the pitch.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
How about the Orient v Brighton match (Russell Slade's first ever game) for a whole host of one-game players.

Gary Borrowdale? Andersen in goal? Did Matt Heath play many games?

2581g69.jpg

I have almost no recollection of that game or half our players even though I was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here