Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For every action there is a an equal opposite reaction, hence the total and utter joy on this board and the total despair on their own.

If things go as well as we hope, the joy will only increase here, and that will make us even happier, making the Nigel's even sadder.

Isn't life wonderful. Just by being happy you know that a Palace fan is sinking further in to their own cesspit of despair.

Cesspit of despair? I LIKE that.

Old Trafford - aka The Theatre of Dreams

Selhurst Park - aka The Cesspit of Despair

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Cesspit of despair? I LIKE that.

Old Trafford - aka The Theatre of Dreams

Selhurst Park - aka The Cesspit of Despair

you know they are such a desperate mess of a club perhaps we should offer to sponsor their shitty little ground and use the naming rights .. the cesspit of despair .. love your genius suggestion. Oh and can we have it bright lights please . Nothing too flashy though

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see palace have 3 very easy games coming up - fully expecting 2 or 3 wins from Big Sam's superstars and our fun will be over but it was good while it lasted...
Sadly it's 4 very easy league games now for palace. 12 points in the bag :nono:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Even if they do finish 4th from bottom, we'll always have those 2016 stats to cherish.

Dont' mean anything though does it? It will be like forgetting the awful Hyypia era. They must finish in the bottom 3

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
you know they are such a desperate mess of a club perhaps we should offer to sponsor their shitty little ground and use the naming rights .. the cesspit of despair .. love your genius suggestion. Oh and can we have it bright lights please . Nothing too flashy though
To got in with the rest of Selhurst it would need to look something like this.

9744ed3bb4bef9d43e4261517dccaef5.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Everyone doubting that Palace aren't going into Europe next season forgets you get a Europa place for winning the FA Cup and their road to the final continues next week against Man City
And if not they may well have Cardiff away to look forward to.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Everyone doubting that Palace aren't going into Europe next season forgets you get a Europa place for winning the FA Cup and their road to the final continues next week against Man City

I hope they do better than they did this season, they got beat by a team called Swansea 7-5 over two legs.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep. Taking the European Qualification via the FA cup out of the equation their upcoming games are

Bmuff A
Sunderland H
Stoke A
Boro H
WBA A
Spurs H
Watford H

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yep. Taking the European Qualification via the FA cup out of the equation their upcoming games are

Bmuff A
Sunderland H
Stoke A
Boro H
WBA A
Spurs H
Watford H

They really should get out of trouble with an easy run of fixtures like that and such a large number of floundering sides around them.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
But...but...

How can this be?

Those that laugh last twatty, those that laugh last.

Taking away the fact that Pardew destroyed us we have good players. I still think we will survive, just hope you crash and burn again. Now that would cheer me up no end, even though that is looking unlikely now.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
He was allowed by the WEAK mods on here to

A) set up an account with that username, I mean seriously.

B) post numerous times in that thread

C) it was left on for the best part of day.

With moderating like that god help us if we do meet in the league.

I have always advocated an away end although its too liberal on here but If I set up a username on BBS called "palacegoingdown" no way would I even be given an account.

The fact that there is a moderation process where you have to be manually approved to post when you first sign up makes it suspicious to me. As you say, how could that username password moderation and then be allowed to start that thread and make it to 20 pages. What did it achieve apart from a twenty page thread on an otherwise slow day? Very strange!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fact that there is a moderation process where you have to be manually approved to post when you first sign up makes it suspicious to me. As you say, how could that username password moderation and then be allowed to start that thread and make it to 20 pages. What did it achieve apart from a twenty page thread on an otherwise slow day? Very strange!

All fully explained if you flick back through this thread a few pages to find my post.

Essentially I ****ed up when I manually activated the account after being emailed by the person behind the account as they hadn't received their activation email. Had they received their activation email and gone through the fully automated new account process, then their opening post would never have seen the light of day.

I was quite happy for them to waste their time posting shite that would never appear on NSC. Only it did appear because, as above, I ****ed up. I was then out for a run when they started posting. Although I've not asked any of them, I'd take a guess that any moderators who were online at the time assumed I'd let the account go and approved the post so left it in place.

Several times a week trolls, Palace and otherwise spend time creating new email addresses, registering on NSC, posting a load of crap and it never appears. That's a chunk of their life they will never get back for doing something no one gets to see.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All fully explained if you flick back through this thread a few pages to find my post.

Essentially I ****ed up when I manually activated the account after being emailed by the person behind the account as they hadn't received their activation email. Had they received their activation email and gone through the fully automated new account process, then their opening post would never have seen the light of day.

I was quite happy for them to waste their time posting shite that would never appear on NSC. Only it did appear because, as above, I ****ed up. I was then out for a run when they started posting. Although I've not asked any of them, I'd take a guess that any moderators who were online at the time assumed I'd let the account go and approved the post so left it in place.

Several times a week trolls, Palace and otherwise spend time creating new email addresses, registering on NSC, posting a load of crap and it never appears. That's a chunk of their life they will never get back for doing something no one gets to see.

Perhaps at the end of a season, you could post a collection of the funniest/tragic ones, for the amusement of your loyal customers

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Taking away the fact that Pardew destroyed us we have good players. I still think we will survive, just hope you crash and burn again. Now that would cheer me up no end, even though that is looking unlikely now.

"Twatty". H.L Mencken eat your heart out.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Oh we have one!!! Hello there, how's things going at the moment? Been very quiet on here lately...?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here