Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Harvest Swansea Tuesday

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's currently about 1,200 tickets available to buy. There were about 1,300 half an hour ago. We've seen with previous games after the initial half hour or so of sales its really slows down. Every game has gone to tier 2, this one is a dead cert to go to tier 2 too.

Yeah I guess technically all games will go to tier 2 - unless 100% of those eligible to buy a ticket do so which won't ever happen. Looks like there could be a fair number left on this basis despite the small allocation.

Separately, apparently student-priced away tickets now have to be collected in person form the Amex with suitable evidence/ID.....................

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Separately, apparently student-priced away tickets now have to be collected in person form the Amex with suitable evidence/ID.....................

Really? That would completely **** over any fan living away from the area.

If only there was some sort of technical solution to allow someone to provide a scan of the evidence. Maybe one day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If only there was some sort of technical solution to allow someone to provide a scan of the evidence. Maybe one day.

Do disabled supporters have to limp up to the AMEX to demonstratedisability as well?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Really fancy this one but as I'm a 1901 Club w**er I won't hold my breath on being able to purchase a ticket for this, or any other away game this season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really fancy this one but as I'm a 1901 Club w**er I won't hold my breath on being able to purchase a ticket for this, or any other away game this season.

To be fair, it's nothing to do with being a 1901 Club wanker, but being a "not going to away games before this season" wanker.

Plenty of 1901 Club wankers, such as [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION], [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] will be going (or have enough points to make the choice).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It's what I've heard. Does the same apply to OAP concessions and kids I wonder.......sounds like total madness if so.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
No, but in order to access relevant tickets for said area, full documentation clarifying eligibility needs to have been presented to the Club beforehand.

My brother is a student and we've presented the club with everything asked for. Supporter services claim his account is marked as a full-time student... but they still messed up with sending out our Bournemouth cup tickets despite confirming they would post them, so we had to collect duplicates down there as nobody at the club knew where our tickets were when I called. Again today it states that tickets would have to be collected, seems odd when all information has been provided as asked.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Assuming you have been to away games in the past, it shouldn't be a problem.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My brother is a student and we've presented the club with everything asked for. Supporter services claim his account is marked as a full-time student... but they still messed up with sending out our Bournemouth cup tickets despite confirming they would post them and we had to collect duplicates down there as nobody at the club knew where our tickets were when I called. Again today it states that tickets would have to be collected, seems odd when all information has been provided as asked.

I guess as long as you are able to do the collection thing at the Amex on the day of a home game, then it's not quite so bad, as you'll only be qualifying for these tickets by being a STH anyway.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
It's what I've heard. Does the same apply to OAP concessions and kids I wonder.......sounds like total madness if so.

Hope not. I live over 100 miles from the AmEx and the site did not allow me to buy an adult ticket. A message flashed up stating, 'you are 61 and must buy an over 60's ticket!'. Didn't know if I should be happy at paying £18.50 instead of £30 :thumbsup:, or gutted that I'd been outed as an over 60 :annoyed:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
To be fair, it's nothing to do with being a 1901 Club wanker, but being a "not going to away games before this season" wanker.

Plenty of 1901 Club wankers, such as [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION], [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] will be going (or have enough points to make the choice).

Why are you assuming I was calling myself a 1901 Club Wanker?

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
I guess as long as you are able to do the collection thing at the Amex on the day of a home game, then it's not quite so bad, as you'll only be qualifying for these tickets by being a STH anyway.

Yeah it's no real big deal to me, just strange that we've sent them everything asked for and we still have to collect just because he is a student.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Seems a real pity that because of a few abusing the system then checks etc. need to be apparently OTT to make sure folks are entitled to any concessions they are claiming.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Brought mine and a friends, however it wouldnt let me proceed as apparantly my mate is 67 (he's definitely not) any one else had this issue?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Continuing in the vague hope there will still be some available for the 3rd tier, as I've only got a few points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here