Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Brum forum is funny. One guy is unimpressed because he has never heard of him. :lolol:

http://bcfc.freeforums.org/new-signing-t19633.html

Re: New signing
Postby Jacko » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:03 pm

BudBrocken wrote:
Fans like Jacko...you couldn't make this shyte up.

Some people are never happy. 22 clean sheats, promotion with Brighton, a previous promotion with Hull, their players player of the season, picked as the GK in the Championship team of the year and was offered a new contract. He has turned it down to join blues, maybe 'Arry has that much pull? Who knows.

Premiership or Championship its a no brainer so he choose the Championship I see.

:lolol:

All said and done though, he clearly thinks he's done what's best for him - even though we all need bottle-bottom glasses to try and see it. I wish him well, and thank him for being an integral part of the team who got us into the PL. You can't take that away from the fella.

Referring to a previous post though, Birmingham is indeed a sh*thole. I go there on business a fair bit. There are affluent parts though, which aren't as depressing as 99% of the place - so I assume Stockers will be in a mock-tudor mansion in one of those. Best he has a good security system though, as every time you close your window up there you trap a burglars fingers.

As for 'Arry.. Well. Having him as your Manager must be like marrying a Page Three bird. A wild ride, but your wallet takes the kicking of a lifetime - then the novelty wears off. He's what I'd call a 'guilty pleasure' for club owners..

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Even if a few nobs on Twatter were enough to make a professional footballer walk away from a Premier League club, Birmingham is a bizarre choice of destination.
But surely the few nobs on twatter (who I am in no way defending) wouldn't have been there - at least not on Stockdale's case - if he hadn't been twittering himself, and apparently not the best considered tweets at that.

The PiG's got PL experience a plenty, has he not? Swap deal..........(if the deal for the Aussie wunder-keeper doesn't come off)?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As I said before, I'm fairly certain he was offered 1 year here. That vs. 3 at Brum and at 31 years old, I can understand why he's want the security if true...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess he's last 3 performances were the equivalent of him throwing away his Premier League CV, while filling out a 'come and get me' Championship one.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Even with Stockdale, 'Arry will still be down to the bare bones with his goalkeepers...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As I said before, I'm fairly certain he was offered 1 year here. That vs. 3 at Brum and at 31 years old, I can understand why he's want the security if true...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 year here, possibly on the bench as well , to 3 years at Brum ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ffs this has ruined my day! I suppose no player is bigger than the club, hopefully we sign this highly rated Aussie keeper in the next few days.

It was obvious he was off, I said that yesterday. The silence said it all IMO, in this particular case.

He's been a great Championship keeper for us for 18 plus months. His vital penalty saves and more probably got us up, without them the chasing pack would have gained even more optimism.

Good luck to him.

I have total faith in the Board that they priced their wages offer for Stockdale just right, and that they have a quality replacement lined up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So NSC links a player with Chelsea and they go onto sign for Birmingham.

Hmmm, gotta be up there with some of the very best ITK bullshit EVER...

...well played all involved.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sad indictment of modern footballers for me.

This with bells on. We now have top footballers who are millionaires by the time they even get first-team action and it undoubtedly affects some who lose their hunger. There doesn't seem to be much kudos in representing your country either and here we have a 31 year old keeper given the chance to play at the very pinnacle of English football and surely that was his dream when he was a boy but instead for whatever reason he's decided not to make that dream come true even for just one season.

Best of luck to him and I do mean that but it makes me ever more cynical about how rotten the game is now.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Thanks for the memories but I can't say I'm not hugely disappointed.

Sad reflection of the modern game. Although I have absolutely no idea what happened behind closed doors I was hoping the relationship between the player and club, what with last seasons triumph, would have seen an agreement of sorts.

It's a shame but I'm pleased we haven't overspent or over promised. Someone told me 70k p/w which frankly is madness for a championship club. Madness.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Could be he's signed for Birmingham for the simple reason that no other offer was on table - maybe he turned us down because he was expecting offers but in the end no one else came calling

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If you ever look at this board again just wanted to say thanks for the memories and good luck with your new club

Birmingham have made a great signing

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
But surely the few nobs on twatter (who I am in no way defending) wouldn't have been there - at least not on Stockdale's case - if he hadn't been twittering himself, and apparently not the best considered tweets at that.

The PiG's got PL experience a plenty, has he not? Swap deal..........(if the deal for the Aussie wunder-keeper doesn't come off)?

DS is a twitter moron. There are plenty that exist, but it was unnecessary for our keeper to be one of them. Too much time on his hands. I've always said football players shouldn't be allowed on social media. Ferguson wouldn't stand for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doubt it. Birmingham wage bill last season £15m compared to the Albion's £27m (which could easily triple 2017/18).

Birmingham are not going to pay him £80k a week or any of the other silly numbers being quoted.

You really do astound me, is it not possible that Birmingham are now throwing money at the squad with Harry in charge. I just think Stockdale could have done so much better if it's not all about money. I accept that I know absolutely nothing though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So NSC links a player with Chelsea and they go onto sign for Birmingham.

Hmmm, gotta be up there with some of the very best ITK bullshit, well played all involved.

I think everyone on here has probably once, second guessed where a player might end up.

"I know someone who saw 'a player' at the training ground."
"I have it on good information that 'a player' is about to sign"

If agents want news leaked they'll do it, to drum up more interest in 'a player', I guess.
Is Tammy Abraham coming to the Albion?
It's good stuff to read on NSC, as it generates interest, anxiety and best of all, the occasional flounce :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You really do astound me, is it not possible that Birmingham are now throwing money at the squad with Harry in charge. I just think Stockdale could have done so much better if it's not all about money. I accept that I know absolutely nothing though.

To be fair, none of us know anything! This was a deal that no one expected. Good luck to him, he's been a great keeper for us, some memorable saves, and a thoroughly nice young man too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could be he's signed for Birmingham for the simple reason that no other offer was on table - maybe he turned us down because he was expecting offers but in the end no one else came calling
Bit unlikely, isn't it. Top Championship GK last season, and only 31. Apparently an all round decent chap, albeit with an appalling addiction to making a twit of himself on twitter.
Window's open for months yet - and when you're on footballers' wages it can't be the end of the world financially to miss out on a month or two's wages! - and he'd be certain to get another offer. He might not get a better offer than the one we'd put on the table, but no offer at all? Nah.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here