Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Wanderers V Brighton and Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread****

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Quite like not having commentry on the sttream.
The Bolton fans are so quiet. I almost jumped out of my skin when there was the tannoy announcement came towards end of half.
Starting to really notice how many beardies are playing football these days.

Yes, the beard thing has really taken off recently hasn't it? Seems like every footballer wants to be in a hipster US folk rock band.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Quite like not having commentry on the sttream.
The Bolton fans are so quiet. I almost jumped out of my skin when there was the tannoy announcement came towards end of half.
Starting to really notice how many beardies are playing football these days.

Trevor Hockey is their God

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, the beard thing has really taken off recently hasn't it? Seems like every footballer wants to be in a hipster US folk rock band.
I was in the pub the other day (a very rare occasion), and I was about the only chap without a beard. Very freaky, although it was a craft beer pub, so not not exactly representative of a normal population.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Bizarre - they're having some kind of competition to win a year's supply of Krispy Kreme donuts. What is it - penalty shoot out or something?
Or a northern battle of the bellies?
There's your UK obesity problem in a nutshell. Covered in whipped cream.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Could someone describe the lead up and how Buckley scored please

A ball found him in the penalty area and he shot at the keeper, the ball went on the left of the 6 yard box and Buckers managed to hook the ball into the roof of the net. It happened very quickly and there is no replay on the stream so that's the best I can do.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nothing much coming down Ward's side, I hope we can persuade him to stay at the end of the season.

I don't think I'd change anything if I was Oscar at the moment, we're defending well as a team, although having Lualua and March up our sleeves for later on when the game gets stretched is a good thing. If we can hold them off for another half an hour, those two will be a real threat.

I wonder if Freedman will ask his team to press us higher up the pitch in the second half?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A ball found him in the penalty area and he shot at the keeper, the ball went on the left of the 6 yard box and Buckers managed to hook the ball into the roof of the net. It happened very quickly and there is no replay on the stream so that's the best I can do.
The first shot wasn't at the keeper, it was low to his right - it was a fantastic save.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A ball found him in the penalty area and he shot at the keeper from close range, the keeper pulled off a good save, and pushed it out to his right, Buckley was running in that direction, and managed to get his body around the ball, and blast it in the top right corner from round about the edge of the six yard box, the ball went on the left of the 6 yard box and Buckers managed to hook the ball into the roof of the net. It happened very quickly and there is no replay on the stream so that's the best I can do.

Added additional comments above.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

Yep - they just showed a replay. Should have scored with the first chance but what a super response. Whipped it into the top right corner like a rocket! Great initial ball by Lingard.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To add to the goal description (and give skim readers a shock):

13: GOOAALL!! Buckley gets on end of Ulloa cross-shot, brilliant reflex save by Bogdan; Buckley collects rebound to score. #BWFC 0 #BHAFC 0

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ooo, thought they'd scored

richmond

May 30, 2008
Thank Marxo

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Good football, had it it 5 yards from the edge of their box and with out any pressure from Bolton we managed of our own accord to get it back in our own half and to the feet of our full back...............then lost it.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here