Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed on skateboards...please

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Exactly, except i am in Eastbourne and i presume you are in Brighton.

I'm actually in Heathfield and so it's normally Eastbourne seafront that I take the kids to. I know your not supposed to skate along the majority of the seafront but I've never been arrested yet. Some of the slopes around the Wish Tower are great for speed and the surface in the Bandstand is brilliant.
If I ever get my collar felt by the fuzz I'm going to plead mid-life crisis and blame it on the bigger kids !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] did indeed make that very generous offer, for Jnr Stat's 10th birthday.
I declined, in favour of a 'Banana Board'.

To be precise this one:-

flip-skateboards-banana-board-gold-cup-complete-cruiser-skateboard-red-green-p16921-39484_image.jpg

It's the mutts.

Jnr had been 'learning the craft' on a Ben 10 board with square wheels.
But that huffing and puffing paid off in dividends when he got his proper board.

The thing rolls so well, with a tailwind he just stands there and is pushed along.
That's even before making a sail out of his coat. :facepalm:

It's really sturdy, and pretty much bomb proof.
I highly recommend it, he'll not be needing another board, for a good few years.

Oh and I got it from Alleyoops, Worthing, (opposite the Pier)

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] did indeed make that very generous offer, for Jnr Stat's 10th birthday.
I declined, in favour of a 'Banana Board'.

To be precise this one:-

View attachment 65844

It's the mutts.

Jnr had been 'learning the craft' on a Ben 10 board with square wheels.
But that huffing and puffing paid off in dividends when he got his proper board.

The thing rolls so well, with a tailwind he just stands there and is pushed along.
That's even before making a sail out of his coat. :facepalm:

It's really sturdy, and pretty much bomb proof.
I highly recommend it, he'll not be needing another board, for a good few years.

Yes, they're awesome, I had one of those in that colour too punk:

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Oh the golden age of skateboarding! Kryptonics with sealed bearings and either ACS trucks or Gullwings. And forget Tony Hawke the main men were Tony Alva and Stacey Peralta

Those two were class but for me it has to be rodney mullen prin pretty much invented every street trick you can think of.i love skating still do a bit now but pushing on 40 sure hurts a lot more.1st board steve cab goldwing trucks oj2 wheels what was the skate place called In portsmouth

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Exactly, except i am in Eastbourne and i presume you are in Brighton.

I'm actually in Heathfield and so it's normally Eastbourne seafront that I take the kids to. I know your not supposed to skate along the majority of the seafront but I've never been arrested yet. Some of the slopes around the Wish Tower are great for speed and the surface in the Bandstand is brilliant.
If I ever get my collar felt by the fuzz I'm going to plead mid-life crisis and blame it on the bigger kids !!

I've only seen signs saying no cycling. Not that that stops cycling nuts anyway. Where does it say no skating? Just got back from the seafront, gorgeous views up to Beachy Head and the sea was flat as a mill pond. Loads of skaters (roller type) and runners but only one other skateboard, another old guy with a longboard.

Lime Green 65mm Kryps with Cali slaloms and a home made ash deck - 1979

Can't remember the name of the trucks I had, but having Kryps on my cheap plastic board was enough to elevate your status to "cool"

79 to 82.

The proper cool lads had "bones"

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I've only seen signs saying no cycling. Not that that stops cycling nuts anyway. Where does it say no skating? Just got back from the seafront, gorgeous views up to Beachy Head and the sea was flat as a mill pond. Loads of skaters (roller type) and runners but only one other skateboard, another old guy with a longboard.

I thought I'd seen signs painted on pavements saying no cycling & no skating but as you say nobody takes any notice. Unfortunately the other old guy wasn't me. I've been stuck at home doing chores.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Those two were class but for me it has to be rodney mullen prin pretty much invented every street trick you can think of.i love skating still do a bit now but pushing on 40 sure hurts a lot more.1st board steve cab goldwing trucks oj2 wheels what was the skate place called In portsmouth

And not forgetting if you were any good you were 'radical'. Unfortunately, as a kid I could never afford a really decent board and had to settle for a Coyote polypropylene board that had only partially sealed bearings. The cool shop in Eastbourne was Skater City in Seaside Road. Spent many day drooling at the Kryptonics, Bones, Sims Pure Juice and the ACS trucks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought I'd seen signs painted on pavements saying no cycling & no skating but as you say nobody takes any notice. Unfortunately the other old guy wasn't me. I've been stuck at home doing chores.
There may be signs painted near the pier but there certainly aren't towards the west end of the beach. [emoji106]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And not forgetting if you were any good you were 'radical'. Unfortunately, as a kid I could never afford a really decent board and had to settle for a Coyote polypropylene board that had only partially sealed bearings. The cool shop in Eastbourne was Skater City in Seaside Road. Spent many day drooling at the Kryptonics, Bones, Sims Pure Juice and the ACS trucks.
Thanks for that trip down memory lane, I bought my Kryps there and was trying to remember the shop's name.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fans of Dogtown and Z-Boys I'm sure will enjoy what I just found on Prime:-

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Thanks to this thread gone down an avenue of reminiscing from my 80s days skateboarding in Victoria Park Worthing.

Had a Natas Skateboard, then a Santa Cruz robroskopp both with two tone sims street snakes...

not skateboarded for 30 years. Happy memories.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
My late 70's set up was a yellow fibreglass Pacer deck, California Slalom Trucks and 70mm orange Kryptonics and Cooper EK3 knee and elbow pads! Got them from a skate shop in Brighton (skate city?). I lived over in Henfield but I remember pilgrimages to the skate park under the arches on the seafront which had a huge bowl you could drop into! I still have the board in my dads garage but haven't stood on it for years!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My first 'proper' skateboard had an aluminium deck. I have absolutely no idea why I got an aluminium one or if it was any good as I never really got into it.

Was early 70s but gave it up when I got my first motorbike at about 12.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Loved riding the old Penny boards as a youngster before getting into those big wide neon coloured decks in the 90s.

Wasn't really one for ramps and bowls etc, so spent most of the time cruising with mates, and racing each other down the hill between Varndean and D. Stringer 😁

My lad got into skateboarding in a big way a few years ago, and we spent many a weekend taking him to the now sadly defunct House of Vans in London. Great place.

My school mate owns Level Skateboards in Brighton, so if anyone has any kids getting into it, get down there! Still tempted to get a long-board myself tbh... 🤪

Screenshot_20240212-093249_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240212-093211_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240212-093051_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-093105_Facebook.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having started the weekend with a narly skater doc, I ended with

on Disney+, after watching a fella on a hover surfboard in the giant swell Sunday morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here