Bruno Greer Upson Ward
Stephens Ince Andrews
Rodriguez Ulloa LuaLua

Subs: Brezovan Calderon Dunk Agustein Orlandi Lopez Obika

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Totally agree.....middle three of him Ince and Stephens

But the biggest criticism on here (bar the dull we should play 4-4-2) has been the lack of support of Ulloa. So bringing Andrews back in would mean one of the 2 wingers or Orlandi in the No 10 role having to be dropped thus losing the support to Ulloa.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Rodriguez won't play if that was his first full game for a while. Lua Lua in for him .

Cms on bench. He had a good record v Leeds.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So rarely this season have we had a settled line up, so I wouldn't change anything.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
March not in the squad?

The problem I see for this game is that we need to have experience both in the starting XI and on the bench. To utilize Andrews covering in front of the back four with Stephens and Ince further forward someone needs to be sacrificed. I've pushed Orlandi onto the bench so the attacking impetus of LuaLua can be employed but I would have him (Orlandi) on the bench ahead of March. Calde and Dunk cover the defensive positions and Agustein can play defensive or attacking midfield if needed so gets a place based on his flexibility.The choice then is March or Lopez for the final place on the bench. I would opt for Spanish Dave's experience for this specific game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The problem I see for this game is that we need to have experience both in the starting XI and on the bench. To utilize Andrews covering in front of the back four with Stephens and Ince further forward someone needs to be sacrificed. I've pushed Orlandi onto the bench so the attacking impetus of LuaLua can be employed but I would have him (Orlandi) on the bench ahead of March. Calde and Dunk cover the defensive positions and Agustein can play defensive or attacking midfield if needed so gets a place based on his flexibility.The choice then is March or Lopez for the final place on the bench. I would opt for Spanish Dave's experience for this specific game.

So, if LuaLua gets injured early on who is the replacement.

Orlandi & Lopez are similar in style, Lopez would be the one to lose out for me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Orlandi & Lopez are similar in style, Lopez would be the one to lose out for me.

Dont disagree March is a better replacement if Kaz gets injured but SD offers more flexibility for a tactical substitution. I"m probably naturally over-cautious. :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Dont disagree March is a better replacement if Kaz gets injured but SD offers more flexibility for a tactical substitution. I"m probably naturally over-cautious. :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Have a feeling that Lua Lua was on the bench yesterday with a view to him starting on Tuesday...

------------------------ Kuszscak ------------------------
Bruno ----------- Greer -------- Upson ---------- Ward
--------------- Stephens ---------- Ince ----------------
March ------------------ Orlandi --------------- Lua Lua
-------------------------- Ulloa --------------------------

Thoughts ?

OP has it in one IMO.

BUT, I can't see oscar playing 4 attacking players I'm afraid.

Kaz has o start

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But the biggest criticism on here (bar the dull we should play 4-4-2) has been the lack of support of Ulloa. So bringing Andrews back in would mean one of the 2 wingers or Orlandi in the No 10 role having to be dropped thus losing the support to Ulloa.

Erm...well its not criticism I've gone on about...Andrews i believe was only out because he was injured...i like Orlandi..but he wasn't that effective on saturday..it still leaves 2 wide men...March lua lua or rodney....all fast and support from midfield..Leeds are no mugs in the middle of the park

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Oscar told us what a great club Leeds are and how he'd love to manage them one day yet? Surely this is the remit of a Brighton manager on the eve of a game against Leeds? Even Micky Adams used to go all starry eyed pre-Leeds.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Has Oscar told us what a great club Leeds are and how he'd love to manage them one day yet? Surely this is the remit of a Brighton manager on the eve of a game against Leeds? Even Micky Adams used to go all starry eyed pre-Leeds.[/QUOT

All things considered, McDermott is more likely to confess BRIGHTON is the team he'd love to manage one day. Or anyone but Leeds for that matter...

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Kusczak
Bruno Greer Upson Ward
Stephens Ince Andrews
Rodriguez Ulloa LuaLua

This is the team for me. Rodriguez adds the surprise element and the midfield trio is strong. Got a feeling Stephens and Rodriguez (if played) will shine, now they've settled in.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Kusczak
Bruno Greer Upson Ward
Stephens Ince Andrews
Rodriguez Ulloa LuaLua

I like that team but I'd have March on the bench rather than Agustien, Lopez and Orlandi can do as much in central midfield as Kemy and it would be good to have another player with pace to call on if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here