Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long before Hughton is poached?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He is not an egg! But if he was I reckon he would be a boiled one not a poached egg. With plenty of soldiers. Dippy yoke.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Love him to death but always feel when he talks that he is not in it for the long game,think he has ambition above where he can see Brighton leveling off at??? Hope i'm wrong but if Brighton can keep the momentum going then who knows?:moo:

Have to say I've never got that impression personally, my fear being more about losing our best players than CH.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot think of any club that would poach him that he would consider leaving us for as we are capable of being well up the league in a couple of years ina position that Everton were under Moyes and Martinez just outside the top 6 and pushing for Europe, which I think would appeal to him. International team manager in a couple of years perhaps with less stress but I cannot think of a club side he would consider other than going home to Spurs and I dont think that he would fit their mould and requirements

Have to say I've never got that impression personally, my fear being more about losing our best players than CH.

Might be his measured manner and a little too much respect for other clubs,does not use the term us that much but this club, Its as if he is not part of it. Uses we when talking about the team but not when talking about the club.

I cannot think of any club that would poach him that he would consider leaving us for as we are capable of being well up the league in a couple of years ina position that Everton were under Moyes and Martinez just outside the top 6 and pushing for Europe, which I think would appeal to him. International team manager in a couple of years perhaps with less stress but I cannot think of a club side he would consider other than going home to Spurs and I dont think that he would fit their mould and requirements

West Ham:moo:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Who would he realistically leave for? The dildo brothers?

I think it'd take a top 6 club to tempt him, and there's no way any of them will go for him.

Spot on. Their fan base and investors would not consider him experienced enough at international/PL level, and the rest of the pack have no chance. He is happy where he is, and what manager wouldn't be with our set up? #Dynasty.

el punal

I am worried about West Ham. I hope I am wrong.

I think West Ham are worried about West Ham! If anyone takes over from Bilic it would definitely be the proverbial poisoned chalice. I really can't see Chris Hughton sacrificing everything that he's achieved here to take a punt on a club so riddled with problems.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Love him to death but always feel when he talks that he is not in it for the long game,think he has ambition above where he can see Brighton leveling off at??? Hope i'm wrong but if Brighton can keep the momentum going then who knows?:moo:

Don't get this at all. I think he is just downplaying his expectations rather than give it the biggun. That's his style. After all the crap he's been through he knows that BHA is perfect for him. We've got something special at this club and he knows it. #Dynasty.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He’s with us for as long as the club want. At 58, he’s not going to join West Ham who’d sack him 18 months later due to whinging fans (still going on about Hurst/Moore/Devonshire/Brooking) condemn his tactics. CH has experienced that at NUFC and Norwich.

The Albion and CH are a great fit.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
He is more likely the kind of manager England want....could see him being tempted by that more than the fickle PL merry go round

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
He wakes up every day and works in good old Sussex by the sea at one of the best training grounds with the best bunch of players, staff and chairman a football manager can only dream of. The stadium and fans are up there with the best in the country and we're 8th in the premier league. He gets paid very good money for this 'JOB' of his. I may be guessing here but I imagine Chris must pinch himself every morning.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
We all know that it is dreamland to be where we are and even more delusional to think we could be part of the elite PL clubs with top international players and regular forays into Europe, right? Not so for Mr Bloom and his crew and if we do end up in this position then CH's style may not suit us.
What i'm saying is it may not be Chris that wants to leave when the time comes. Of course we don't want this to happen, and I hope that he has learned from his past experience and the criticism/doubts about his style not suiting flair players at the top level. From what i've seen so far we have come from "rabbit in the headlights"(Man City) to owning teams that are regular PL scrappers, (WBA, West Ham) so i'm confident he is getting the best from the team he has crafted so well. Long may it continue.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here