Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Juan Mata urges footballers to donate 1% of their salaries

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
He's always seemed like a gooden to me. It may only be 1% but if this were to become the norm across the sport it would pile up to a whole lot of cash. Perhaps someone with more insight into football finances could shed some light on whether this may be achievable? [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] perhaps?

Neymar's transfer for example could have donated £2.5m alone :ohmy:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/04/juan-mata-transform-football-donate-salary

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8050933 said:
He's always seemed like a gooden to me. It may only be 1% but if this were to become the norm across the sport it would pile up to a whole lot of cash. Perhaps someone with more insight into football finances could shed some light on whether this may be achievable? [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] perhaps?

Neymar's transfer for example could have donated £2.5m alone :ohmy:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/04/juan-mata-transform-football-donate-salary

I was thinking of this the other day and believe it wouldn't be unreasonable to be a higher percentage?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps the greedy *******s shouldn't ask for so much then they wouldn't need to donate and fans wouldn't be ripped off. Or something like that

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Many already do I'd imagine but don't seek publicity.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8050953 said:
A quick chat with Granny Google says the Gates have donated a mind boggling 95% of their wealth - $17,000,000,000
Still afford to buy France though can't they?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
As long as they renegotiate their deals to be 1%, or perhaps 2% for good measure, higher than they were i'm sure they'll be all too willing. I wonder if Neymar will donate 1% of his to his old man as his charitable offering.

Mata always struck me as a top pro and a human being too.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Wilf Zaha donates 10% of his wages to charities here and The Ivory Coast.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Probably guilt over the diving. And yes, that does mean Knocky should probably donate a bit more...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

I suspect a lot of players do similar and more. The idea that footballers are inherently greedy is not tested as many would not speak of such philanthropy.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Probably guilt over the diving. And yes, that does mean Knocky should probably donate a bit more...

Probably means he's been brought up very well by his parents, and wants to help others less fortunate

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here