Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I noticed some demolition work going on around where I live and thought to take a few photos. nothing amazing but I liked the look

WP_20170630_21_01_16_Rich_LI2.jpg

WP_20170630_21_00_48_Rich_LI2.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
There's something hauntingly interesting about half-demolished buildings. I took some of the American Express building in Edward Street a few months ago.

I love these sort of buildings. The building that i really want to see/investigate is the old cement works on the way to steyning.
Did you post the photos on here? Mine were just taken quickly on my phone. I haven't been active on here for ages but i am going to start making more effort.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Nikon D7200 camera with AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm 1:2.8G ED lens.
If you (or anyone else), are interested in an older 105 macro lens, I've still got my old one which obviously I don't really need any more. It takes really good photos. The main difference on the one I use now and the older one is that it doesn't have Vibration Reduction. My earlier photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/albums/72157649396241380 were taken with the older lens. Special NSC Mates Rates! Anyone interested, please PM me.

What a great collection, have recently bought the Sigma 105 for a couple of weddings I am shooting this Summer, it's a stunning lens and also takes superb portraits 3/4 length, have been practicing with insects and I am really impressed with its performance.DSC_7346-35 2017untitled shoot.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
What a great collection, have recently bought the Sigma 105 for a couple of weddings I am shooting this Summer, it's a stunning lens and also takes superb portraits 3/4 length, have been practicing with insects and I am really impressed with its performance.View attachment 87320

Good fun the old macro lens. You can see bits of insects you didn't know they had!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I noticed some demolition work going on around where I live and thought to take a few photos. nothing amazing but I liked the look

View attachment 87317

That reminds me of the buildings at the end of Full Metal Jacket. As [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] said there is always something haunting about half demolished, or abandoned, buildings.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Is that the macro lenses or the insects?!!

I was talking about the insects but the 105mm is pretty good too. Have also been using an icelight to get more light on the insects in darker areas to spare the ISO.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I was talking about the insects but the 105mm is pretty good too. Have also been using an icelight to get more light on the insects in darker areas to spare the ISO.
Never heard of an icelight, so I've just Googled it. Never seen one before. I assume this doesn't frighten the insects? They seem quite expensive? Is one of these worth investing in? Ta in advance.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Back in the day (2006) I paid £3500 for one of these babies, an 8 mega pixel Canon EOS 1d mk 2, an absolute beast of a professional camera, superb build quality, lightning fast autofocus producing great results. They're available these days on ebay for a couple of hundred quid each with less than 20.000 shutter actuations. Bought 4 in mint condition in the last six months :clap:

The smaller file sizes compared to my 5d mk 2's are great to work with. The only downside is that being older models they don't handle noise as well as today's cameras, but that's easily corrected in Lightroom.

frontview-001.jpeg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I follow Worthing photography on Facebook and the photos that people took of the storm tonight are/were amazing.

Be nice to post a couple pics, for those like me who don't use Facebook

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here