Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone get the email about the Thee Oh Sees show moving to Bexhill?!?

I didn't get the email, and may not have known about the change without this thread.

Pissed off about this. I hate midweek trips to the De La Warr. Bollocks.

Will have to consider my options...

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I didn't get the email, and may not have known about the change without this thread.

Pissed off about this. I hate midweek trips to the De La Waar. Bollocks.

Will have to consider my options...

Same. But this is even wors than most venue changes in that it's in a totally different town!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same. But this is even wors than most venue changes in that it's in a totally different town!

I read the De La Warr link and seems The Haunt is to blame. What happened? Calling [MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION]

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Royal Blood at the Concorde tomorrow. On sale 8am exclusively at resident

Just spotted it had already been mentioned

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I read the De La Warr link and seems The Haunt is to blame. What happened? Calling [MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION]

Not The Haunt, it was The Clarendon Centre. Apparently the venue neglected to tell the promoter that they didn't have a licence for amplified live music. I heard about this a few weeks ago and know that there attempts to put the show on elsewhere in Brighton but the only place available was The Centre which clearly wasn't suitable and wanted something like 30k.

As it is the night before TGE, I'm not super bothered as I've got the next day off but appreciate it's a bit of a nightmare for some. Spare a thought for the promoter who's probably had a shed load of tickets returned, a bigger venue to fill and a unexpected whopping venue fee.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Selfishly pleased as means I can now go, although I realise this is a nightmare for many, especially London based fans (including a pair of friends who had tickets but will presumably have to pass them on now). Transport sounds like a nightmare though, I just don't really fancy piling onto a coach at 23.00 to get back to Brighton on a week night. Didn't realise trains were so crap from Bexhill - seems the last one leaves at around 21.30. Surprised they haven't offere coaches to London as well actually - presumably half the audience were coming down for the gig and it's now nigh on impossible to get there.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Oh and also, much as I have huge sympathy with promoter, would much of this chaos and confusion not have been avoided if a venue with a track record of hosting live music had been booked in the first place - not sure how many tickets were sold for a Clarendon but surely TOM, Haunt, Corn Exchange, All Saints, Concorde 2 etc would have offered a suitably sized space?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The Haunt is to blame for many things, but why this?
As to the switch, yes, it's a pain in that it's moved to a different town 20-odd miles down the coast, but it's in a decent venue with an amazing setting and it's a price I'm willing to pay in order to bust my Thee Oh Sees cherry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Haunt is to blame for many things, but why this?
As to the switch, yes, it's a pain in that it's moved to a different town 20-odd miles down the coast, but it's in a decent venue with an amazing setting and it's a price I'm willing to pay in order to bust my Thee Oh Sees cherry.

I thought it was at The Haunt. My bad.

I appreciate it's a royal pain for many but the promoter is laying on coaches and I quite like the idea of getting a few beers and a bus to the De La Warr.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh and also, much as I have huge sympathy with promoter, would much of this chaos and confusion not have been avoided if a venue with a track record of hosting live music had been booked in the first place - not sure how many tickets were sold for a Clarendon but surely TOM, Haunt, Corn Exchange, All Saints, Concorde 2 etc would have offered a suitably sized space?

Equally I feel new venues need to be encouraged.

It's a mix up and I feel for the promoter and the punters. Shame.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought it was at The Haunt. My bad.

I appreciate it's a royal pain for many but the promoter is laying on coaches and I quite like the idea of getting a few beers and a bus to the De La Warr.

You can't drink on coaches these days. And it's £11 which adds substantially to the ticket price. Not sure that I want to be spending £33 to see them, midweek, in Bexhill. Will think on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can't drink on coaches these days. And it's £11 which adds substantially to the ticket price. Not sure that I want to be spending £33 to see them, midweek, in Bexhill. Will think on.

Fair points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here