Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Judge

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So you are aware of all the facts and issues concerning this then? can you confirm the club want to ban a supporter (or supporters as you state above) for just singing to loudly/ creating an atmosphere? please do let us all know about your inside information regarding this.

I'm sure you're already aware, but he doesn't need facts - he just opens his brain, pulls out all the crap and pastes it into a thread.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Post #94.

I missed that post.

I can not believe that the police are much happier than we are. They're probably wondering why they are being asked to raise the matter. They'll know they have more important things to do than take a supporter guilty of chanting too much to one side.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
So you are aware of all the facts and issues concerning this then? can you confirm the club want to ban a supporter (or supporters as you state above) for just singing to loudly/ creating an atmosphere? please do let us all know about your inside information regarding this.
if you PM me we can have a chat,yes i do have some facts.From previous experiance you are one of the better mods on this forum please get in touch
Regards
Mutts Nuts:albion2:

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm not being alarmist, but the club really need to think long and hard about what sort of future home crowd they want if they really want to generate an atmosphere that will make it hard for teams to come down and not just have a nice day out beside the Downs. I've worked out that with what I spend on a ST and extras at The Amex I could have half a dozen or so really good away weekenders in between a few game only away trips, and this option is looking increasingly attractive. I know we've already lost some old skool supporters since moving to The Amex who are sick of the way they're being treated, and a few more I've spoken to are at least thinking about whether they want to carry on or not. These are cut and bleed blue & whites, so it's not a decision any take lightly. Whatever the finer detail of The Judge's situation it's clear to me there is a growing problem.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I missed that post.

I can not believe that the police are much happier than we are. They're probably wondering why they are being asked to raise the matter. They'll know they have more important things to do than take a supporter guilty of chanting too much to one side.

Quite - didn't Darren Balkham once state that the approach adopted by Sussex Police to their operations at The Amex is very low key and generally along the lines of 'Policing with the consent' of the majority of well behaved home and away fans? So if they are involved (note 'if') then this matter might be a tad more involved than it may seem. I hope it can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If you sit by Cheeky Monkey, I saw you on Saturday and I have to say neither of you seemed to be contributing to the atmosphere. ;)

Having said that, well yes, neither were we in the east stand lower library. :rolleyes:

I was in my usual place in the library, turning the pages of my book slowly so as not to wake anyone up.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
if you PM me we can have a chat,yes i do have some facts.From previous experiance you are one of the better mods on this forum please get in touch
Regards
Mutts Nuts:albion2:

You won't do your street cred any good with comments like that :lol: ...........If you have anything you want to stay private please feel free to PM me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not being alarmist, but the club really need to think long and hard about what sort of future home crowd they want if they really want to generate an atmosphere that will make it hard for teams to come down and not just have a nice day out beside the Downs. I've worked out that with what I spend on a ST and extras at The Amex I could have half a dozen or so really good away weekenders in between a few game only away trips, and this option is looking increasingly attractive. I know we've already lost some old skool supporters since moving to The Amex who are sick of the way they're being treated, and a few more I've spoken to are at least thinking about whether they want to carry on or not. These are cut and bleed blue & whites, so it's not a decision any take lightly. Whatever the finer detail of The Judge's situation it's clear to me there is a growing problem.

exactly this

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Can see both sides really.

The Judge clearly sees the Amex North Stand as a direct spiritual continuation of the Goldstone North Stand. Same as many of us do who chose our seats in the North on that basis, however romantic that notion may be. Most of us, however, accept it has to be a pretty watered-down version of what was at the Goldstone.

Now see it from the point of view of people, maybe a father/mother and son/daughter combo, dipping their toe in the water at the Amex for the first time. They choose seats in the North on a purely budgetary basis, and assume it'll just be like neutrally picking a seat at the cinema. In the event, they've been allocated seats within bellowing distance of The Judge. They maybe feel intimidated a wee bit (and I know of one long-term lady fan who admits to having been 'scared' in his proximity) and they complain to the club quoting their seat numbers. When that happens a few times over the course of a season, then of course the club has to act. Feel sorry for The Judge, don't know the bloke myself, but enough mutual friends on here have nothing but good things to say about him which on balance is good enough for me. However, I do think there will only be one winner in this case and that The Judge will end up being a victim of the Albion's relentless quest to morph into Reading.

That is a horrifying thought but it's happening in front of our eyes. I really think this should be a catalyst for some kind of informal supporters group to sping up, along the lines of the old BISA. If we don't get a voice from somewhere to make those in charge see what's happening we'll end up being like a trip to the theatre before long.

I can't believe for a second that Bloom or Barber want a sterile atmosphere, but they have to be prepared to let a bit of rowdey behaviour go on at that end of the ground. They have the power to filter that attitude down to the stadium manager and stewards.

The official line on this thread seems to be that people have a right to feel intimidated by shouting - that notion is absolutely bonkers to me. If we pander to all the people who don't like noise or shouting at a football match it'll ruin the game for everyone. It's like letting a person who's scared of hights on a rollercoaster and closing it down because they didn't like it :facepalm:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was in my usual place in the library, turning the pages of my book slowly so as not to wake anyone up.

Green Cross Code Man is another long-suffering Seafordian Dan - the East is where you lot go to retire. Those ex-Seafordians with some life still in our bones prefer the North, so maybe next season will work out just fine for you.
:wink:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
You won't do your street cred any good with comments like that :lol: ...........If you have anything you want to stay private please feel free to PM me.

Sorry mate i have no street cred as you put it,call me if you want its up to you.I am a bit dissapointed as you came across as ok in the past

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Ahh, I see what you've done there. You actually believe they care?! They'll take cash over characters any day, all day long. Don't be so naive!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I know Jules personally and you couldn't wish to meet a nicer bloke. If you don't like too much noise at football dont sit in the northstand! Saturdays game to be fair was dire and we needed singing to liven the place up. I know a few (decent) stewards at the Amex its just a shame that there are some twats stewards that like to spoil the day for some fans. He loves Brighton and loves to sing Brighton songs, So what if they are songs some people don't like at least he trys to make an atmosphere. What will it be next at the Amex Books on seats so we can sit down and be quiet!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know The Judge to talk to but know who he is, and having seen him at many games home and away, and down the pub before and after, he seems a really nice bloke. He's the voice I can hear from my WSL seat trying to get the atmosphere going. Without people like him 21c footy would be even duller atmosphere-wise than it already is. If the club have got something genuinely worthy of a ban on him I'd be mightily surprised.

The thing that leaves a nasty taste in my mouth about some modern fans, increasingly prevalent at The Amex these days, is this grass culture. I've been watching The Albion with my brother for 34 years without a problem until the QPR game when we were warned about our future conduct as someone had reported us after the Reading game for foul and abusive language. Now, yes, a few expletives slipped from our mouths during that game, but nothing that you wouldn't expect to hear at a football ground during a tasty and controversial match. That fact that people feel entitled to report fellow fans for that just leaves me cold I'm afraid. So we had the not-very-veiled threats of 'you're on cctv, we're watching you' etc, and I just sat there thinking "have I slipped into some kind of parallel universe here?". For the first time in those 34 years I am actually seriously considering not bothering with home games anymore, and if they're thinking of banning people like The Judge, well, that's another tick in the 'why do I bother' box.

Feel exactly the same as you. It's my last season ticket after 14 years having one. I can't make midweek anymore and it's come at a time of getting disillusioned with to the whole experience. I don't wanna be looking over my shoulder and watch what I say/do at a football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here