Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
If we ever go up, we'll have to pay PL wages, but I'd hope we get players who will fight for the team. That's what's making Palace stand out at the moment. You seem to have amassed a very well paid team who couldn't give a shit. That's quite unlike your PL rivals.

Difficult to argue with that to be fair! Decent chuck of the squad haven't earned their wages this season. Zaha and McArthur the only two that can say they have performed to date.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If we ever go up, we'll have to pay PL wages, but I'd hope we get players who will fight for the team. That's what's making Palace stand out at the moment. You seem to have amassed a very well paid team who couldn't give a shit. That's quite unlike your PL rivals.

Well at least our supporters are prepared to get their feelings across to the "well-paid team", or at least one member of it. That's somewhat different to Albion's past record of assaulting the opposing players in the heat of the moment.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Both Scott Dann and Yohan Cabaye were subbed off injured on Saturday.

Hope they're better soon.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well at least our supporters are prepared to get their feelings across to the "well-paid team", or at least one member of it. That's somewhat different to Albion's past record of assaulting the opposing players in the heat of the moment.

Hello another tw*t has turned up to post something stupid to make him feel better.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Difficult to argue with that to be fair! Decent chuck of the squad haven't earned their wages this season. Zaha and McArthur the only two that can say they have performed to date.

Interesting points being made here about the wage disparity, I must admit I haven't ever really thought about it. If we make it then I guess we'll face this issue too, I suppose it's inevitable that existing PL players coming in to an established Championship squad are by default going to be on much greater salaries. Also inevitable is that some, maybe many of those Championship players are going to be pissed if those 'new' players aren't bloody decent and giving absolutely everything. Not surprising things start getting harder to hold together!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Interesting points being made here about the wage disparity, I must admit I haven't ever really thought about it. If we make it then I guess we'll face this issue too, I suppose it's inevitable that existing PL players coming in to an established Championship squad are by default going to be on much greater salaries. Also inevitable is that some, maybe many of those Championship players are going to be pissed if those 'new' players aren't bloody decent and giving absolutely everything. Not surprising things start getting harder to hold together!

Certainly a difficult thing for any board to manage, The only way to improve the quality of the squad is to get in better players usually on more money. The thing is there hasn't been any leaks from within to suggest there is a problem in the changing room, The players seem happy enough with each other. Defensive confidence just seems shot.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Hello another tw*t has turned up to post something stupid to make him feel better.

I saw a game yesterday which made me feel a LOT better, only disappointment was a badly-taken pen which should have buried Albion.

Still if struggling to beat a mid-table Championship side makes you feel better....then hey. enjoy yourself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Certainly a difficult thing for any board to manage, The only way to improve the quality of the squad is to get in better players usually on more money. The thing is there hasn't been any leaks from within to suggest there is a problem in the changing room, The players seem happy enough with each other. Defensive confidence just seems shot.

All stems from the keeper. He's not great, but better than he looks right now. The defenders have no faith in him, and nor do you fans, who it seems can't WAIT to get on his back. The first goal on Saturday was a clear foul on him IMO - you'd expect the fans to be up in arms about the decision, but seemed intent on burying their own keeper instead.

The lack of confidence spreads, and needs addressing, but Mandanda is average, and injured, and wants to leave, which leaves the Hail Mary option of 63 year old club legend Jules Speroni. They'll know from past experience and from levels in training, that Jules is not a better keeper than the current liability, but will probably pick him to try to get the Holmesdale back behind the team. They won't boo Jules whatever happens.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I saw a game yesterday which made me feel a LOT better, only disappointment was a badly-taken pen which should have buried Albion.

Still if struggling to beat a mid-table Championship side makes you feel better....then hey. enjoy yourself.

Erm hold on. you witnessed a comeback from 2-0 down to get a point away from home. With a team with 6 first team squad players out and that makes you feel better, all because you witnessed, your team totally capitulate at home to the bottom of the league team,Why don't you just go and cry somewhere else.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

You mean like struggling to beat a woeful bottom of the table Premiership side? Oh wait, you weren't even close to beating them...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
All stems from the keeper. He's not great, but better than he looks right now. The defenders have no faith in him, and nor do you fans, who it seems can't WAIT to get on his back. The first goal on Saturday was a clear foul on him IMO - you'd expect the fans to be up in arms about the decision, but seemed intent on burying their own keeper instead.

The lack of confidence spreads, and needs addressing, but Mandanda is average, and injured, and wants to leave, which leaves the Hail Mary option of 63 year old club legend Jules Speroni. They'll know from past experience and from levels in training, that Jules is not a better keeper than the current liability, but will probably pick him to try to get the Holmesdale back behind the team. They won't boo Jules whatever happens.

Good point though I admit, Speroni is a club legend and probably the best keeper Palace have ever had. And I've seen 'em all from Johnny Jackson to the present.

By the way where IS JJ these days. Last I knew he was working for Lewes District Council.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

100% correct in that Hennessey has lost it. For a keeper that is 6ft 6inches he doesn't command his box with any authority. He has been poor for a couple of seasons and you can sense that the defenders in front of him have zero confidence in him. Jules should come back in for now until Mandanda is back from injury. The crowd do get on his back but we have had to sit through many games where he has costs us points in the last couple of years, Enough is enough with Wayne he needs to be dropped.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pitiful straw clutching from palace.

Still, I suppose it keeps their minds off the looming relegation 6 pointer with Middlesbrough lurking on the horizon.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Erm hold on. you witnessed a comeback from 2-0 down to get a point away from home. With a team with 6 first team squad players out and that makes you feel better, all because you witnessed, your team totally capitulate at home to the bottom of the league team,Why don't you just go and cry somewhere else.

How did you see the game? Were you there, or at the beamback?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was at the Ealing Road end. And Muzza was really SHITE. You should drop him for a while, whilst he gets his contract framed and hung on his wall.

He's not been at his best for a couple of games... but it only takes one chance and he'l be firing again...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Nah, but being 5 points clear of the play-off spots with a game in hand does make it a bit more palatable. That's 5 points...the same total of points you've amassed in 10 league games :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was at the Ealing Road end. And Muzza was really SHITE. You should drop him for a while, whilst he gets his contract framed and hung on his wall.

I have a problem, I can't decide if your pitiful surrender to Sunderland, or your capitulation to Swansea was the worst result, so far, of your quite magnificent season?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Last season's Villa team and QPR a few years ago are very reminiscent of this Palace team. Mostly average players paid well above their ability who don't care enough about the cause.

I still think they'll escape relegation, but maybe mostly by virtue of other teams being worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here