Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just think you would be a multi millionaire if you had done the same with Brighton over the last 35 years :clap::clap2:

He wouldn't have won much in the last 12 months, would he? In fact, he couldn't have picked a worse team to bet against if he had. :thumbsup:

(if you are not sure what I am getting at, I think there is a useful table somewhere... perhaps someone could post it for us again?)

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
He wouldn't have won much in the last 12 months, would he? In fact, he couldn't have picked a worse team to bet against if he had. :thumbsup:

(if you are not sure what I am getting at, I think there is a useful table somewhere... perhaps someone could post it for us again?)

Last 12 months you guys have done great. Looks like you have got a good squad together and have the right ingredients for promotion. :thumbsup:

Previous 408 months...less so

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last 12 months you guys have done great. Looks like you have got a good squad together and have the right ingredients for promotion. :thumbsup:

Previous 408 months...less so

Meanwhile you have only existed for 7 years. Cool.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone offering odds on whether they'll reach their 10th birthday this time around?

The way they are once again shamelessly throwing money around isn't looking great for ClasslessFC2010 or whatever it is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
God they are desperate, attempting to splash some cash. If I were the St Johns I'd get there dues now in case things go wrong again !!!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Remind me again how much bha lose every year? Deluded hypocrite's!

The deficit for last year includes spending on infrastructure and is not relevant for FFP. Apart from the installation of a few plastic seats and the addition of a bit of cladding, in what way has Palace’s infrastructure been improved since promotion four years ago?

Palace are the twentieth-biggest spenders in world football, which is unsustainable for a club of their size. The money is going on inflated fees for players and wages that the club evidently cannot afford to pay. Any other club in the Premier League now could cope with relegation, financially, but I am not sure that Palace could.

You used to be a reasonable poster on this board, but, now that the two clubs’ fortunes have changed, you are lashing out with unfounded insults.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
From what I'm told you could use the lord's intervention elsewhere.

He's answering my prayers so far, football, music and health-wise and I don't have to troll a rival's forum looking for conversation so I'm happy to turn His attentions to others more needing of it.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The deficit for last year includes spending on infrastructure and is not relevant for FFP. Apart from the installation of a few plastic seats and the addition of a bit of cladding, in what way has Palace’s infrastructure been improved since promotion four years ago?

Palace are the twentieth-biggest spenders in world football, which is unsustainable for a club of their size. The money is going on inflated fees for players and wages that the club evidently cannot afford to pay. Any other club in the Premier League now could cope with relegation, financially, but I am not sure that Palace could.

You used to be a reasonable poster on this board, but, now that the two clubs’ fortunes have changed, you are lashing out with unfounded insults.

How is it an insult and it's certainly not unfounded. I never mentioned FFP, I asked how much you lost last year and then compare that with how much we lost?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
How is it an insult and it's certainly not unfounded. I never mentioned FFP, I asked how much you lost last year and then compare that with how much we lost?

Much of the loss was down to spending on infrastructure, which industry and commerce call investment, spending that will sustain the club and its finances in the long run.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Much of the loss was down to spending on infrastructure, which industry and commerce call investment, spending that will sustain the club and its finances in the long run.

You are avoiding the question, how much did bha lose last year and how much did we lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here