Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Blimey I think there's many different issues being blurred here. There is no doubt plenty of scarce social housing is being handed over to immigrants, Eastern European and Muslims equally from what I deliver to. Do we think housing/hospitals/schools, paid for by us and our ancestors should be able to be allocated to and used by people before they have made any financial contribution to our society? If mass immigration, rather than targeted, is so beneficial to our society, why is the budget deficit still stubbornly high with 300000 net migration this year? When your own offspring get turned down for social housing that gets turned over to newly arrived immigrants despite you paying thousands of pounds in tax, do you have any right to complain without being branded a racist ?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Spot on

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Immigration down here in Plymouth and the SW is extremely concerning and it won't be long before the people who were born here will lose patience with the influx of middle class white folk from London and the SE moving down here for a better quality of life with their snobbish look at me and look what I have got attitudes, driving like idiots in their BMW's and generally looking down their noses at the poorer and hard working locals.
The sooner they adjust, like I have, to the ways of the janners and fit in the better or they can all clear off back to where they came from.

Yet if I said the same thing about.africans or Muslims you'd brand me a racist

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Ask anyone in Council Housing Audit/Fraud who is the worst offenders? My OH works in this, Nigerians. Proper pros, get a council property, sublet it to a coumtryman/relative and move back to Nigeria and live off the income. We're all a bunch of mugs, dare you say anything and you're branded a racist, the whole world is laughing at how easy it is

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey I think there's many different issues being blurred here. There is no doubt plenty of scarce social housing is being handed over to immigrants, Eastern European and Muslims equally from what I deliver to. Do we think housing/hospitals/schools, paid for by us and our ancestors should be able to be allocated to and used by people before they have made any financial contribution to our society? If mass immigration, rather than targeted, is so beneficial to our society, why is the budget deficit still stubbornly high with 300000 net migration this year? When your own offspring get turned down for social housing that gets turned over to newly arrived immigrants despite you paying thousands of pounds in tax, do you have any right to complain without being branded a racist ?

That net migration figure includes university students who are paying £25K a year fees, which subsidise our own students who pay £9K.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That net migration figure includes university students who are paying £25K a year fees, which subsidise our own students who pay £9K.

For an undergraduate degree the figure is around 16k not 25k. When you say it is subsidizing U.K. students, to be more specific what it is doing is helping to subsidize the massive increase in university places.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
What school is this? Sounds like a load of b***shit frankly. English as a second language.. yeh, right.

Oh my bad. I've justlooked it up & the school website states "An increasingly growing number of our pupils speak English as an additional language" and currently "31.6% of the school population are of ethnic / non white British background"

Note this is an increasing number, with more in my son's reception year than in my elder sons year who left the school this year - therefore I would say 50% in my sons reception year is about right (could be slightly under estimate too). But I doubt you will believe me - the facts won't support your opinion

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Over 300000 people a year, net figures, year on year, the infastructure, the schools, the roads etc, that is ok and sustainable because a small amount pay uni fees.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Immigration down here in Plymouth and the SW is extremely concerning and it won't be long before the people who were born here will lose patience with the influx of middle class white folk from London and the SE moving down here for a better quality of life with their snobbish look at me and look what I have got attitudes, driving like idiots in their BMW's and generally looking down their noses at the poorer and hard working locals.
The sooner they adjust, like I have, to the ways of the janners and fit in the better or they can all clear off back to where they came from.

Haven't you been warned of the perils of using irony on here? I see it didn't take long for you to get your first "whoosh" response.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Haven't you been warned of the perils of using irony on here? I see it didn't take long for you to get your first "whoosh" response.

I knew it was meant to be "ironic" ,I just didn't think it was funny and in fact was particularly guilty white middle class in Style and like most "ironic " posts is intended to convey a message without the repercussions which would ensue if it was done in a normal manner , and given his posting history decided to respond as I did.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009

Not forgetting of course the unpaid £89 Million pounds of unpaid student loans from EU citizens who have undertaken degrees in the UK and now gone back home with no intention of paying.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not forgetting of course the unpaid £89 Million pounds of unpaid student loans from EU citizens who have undertaken degrees in the UK and now gone back home with no intention of paying.

If that is true that is outrageous can we chase them for the money, if I can get sent a speeding ticket from Australia I am sure we can !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh my bad. I've justlooked it up & the school website states "An increasingly growing number of our pupils speak English as an additional language" and currently "31.6% of the school population are of ethnic / non white British background"

Note this is an increasing number, with more in my son's reception year than in my elder sons year who left the school this year - therefore I would say 50% in my sons reception year is about right (could be slightly under estimate too). But I doubt you will believe me - the facts won't support your opinion

You're missing the point. What's the problem with that? They're learning English so that's good. And if their parents are working and paying tax, they're contributing to our society. Hove doesn't seem to be a teeming hotbed of racial hatred. So you just don't like them because they're different? Surely to your son at his young age it will just be 'normal' to have friends from different ethnicities. You only have to watch how little kids interact to see that. They aren't born disliking 'immigrants'.

As for the 300,000 immigration figure, as others have said that includes students who pay large amounts INTO our society. I'm sure everyone can cite cases of people that play the system - there are plenty of English born whites doing the same and the richer ones among those are getting away with a lot more than this £3000 figure that came up!

The vast majority of those immigrants will be paying tax. It would be more useful if our politicians started pursuing policies that provide an infrastructure to cope with Britain's ever-changing demographics, rather than exaggerating the impact of one element of that changing world to hide their own failings. More control of immigration to make sure people are contributing positively to our society may have a part to play, but it's just a part.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
You're missing the point. What's the problem with that? They're learning English so that's good. And if their parents are working and paying tax, they're contributing to our society. Hove doesn't seem to be a teeming hotbed of racial hatred. So you just don't like them because they're different? Surely to your son at his young age it will just be 'normal' to have friends from different ethnicities. You only have to watch how little kids interact to see that. They aren't born disliking 'immigrants'.

As for the 300,000 immigration figure, as others have said that includes students who pay large amounts INTO our society. I'm sure everyone can cite cases of people that play the system - there are plenty of English born whites doing the same and the richer ones among those are getting away with a lot more than this £3000 figure that came up!

The vast majority of those immigrants will be paying tax. It would be more useful if our politicians started pursuing policies that provide an infrastructure to cope with Britain's ever-changing demographics, rather than exaggerating the impact of one element of that changing world to hide their own failings. More control of immigration to make sure people are contributing positively to our society may have a part to play, but it's just a part.

With regards to your first paragraph. That is why we choose the school over the white middle class cofe school next door

The stats are still not bullshit as you suggested. But reflective of the current levels of immigration

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Truly words spoken by someone with no experience of mass immigration on his doorstep, does it not occur to you that having a class where kids don't speak English holds back the kids that do ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Truly words spoken by someone with no experience of mass immigration on his doorstep, does it not occur to you that having a class where kids don't speak English holds back the kids that do ?

It's a fair point. But does it not occur to you that if we funded our schools properly, we should be able to cope with that situation?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
With regards to your first paragraph. That is why we choose the school over the white middle class cofe school next door

/QUOTE]

That's good, though it makes it hard to understand why you're now complaining about it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Good point. My New Year's resolution will be to learn the local language.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's a fair point. But does it not occur to you that if we funded our schools properly, we should be able to cope with that situation?

Maybe we could , but it doesn't make.it right that we should have to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Out of interest what age group are you referring to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here