Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we will be up for this, feeling mildly confident and we get a 2nd chance via the play-offs if required

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yep feeling flat as well , my problem is apart from the Hull match at home , we have not managed to beat any of the top 6 teams home or away , so what we have to do next Saturday is do something we have not managed all season , it's going to be tough , let's hope Borough choke like we did today

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I don't think I should feel flat right now but I do.

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?

A certain Mr Dunk maybe! I sort of half expected it to go wrong today - I'm up beat about the cup final in the NE and after that I'm happy to have two hoes at S Wed and a trip to Wembley and revenge against Derby. So I'm trying to be upbeat about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Feeling very deflated. Going to Boro needing a win with a changed back 4 seems a difficult ask. I sensed the players were a little deflated as well; lap of honor seemed subdued.

Agree with the previous poster about celebrating our goal...it didn't have the same feel as many of late.

Nagging feeling that today proved we are a play-off team.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think that we have blown automatic promotion today. If Boro had to win we would have had a great chance of hitting them on the break. Now they have the draw they will sit back and I don't think we have what it takes to break them down.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am not looking forward to next week, now. We've had some impressive results of late, but against teams with nothing to play for, and even then we struggled to get the breakthrough, it was harder work than it should have been. So, while I recognise Boro have been off form, they've still been scraping draws, and now that's all they need. We're going in with one centre-back out of match fitness, another playing out of position, when they've only played 55 minutes together earlier this season (conceding one goal in that 55min). Feeling quite down, actually. Not just flat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm feeling rather despairing now all round..... can see us giving our all up there and losing by the odd goal and in doing so racking up an injury or two and maybe another suspension then going in to the playoffs with a makeshift creaking team and being turned over by Derby again like last time.... sigh

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bloody flat

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I feel akin to the half run over rabbit I saw the other day, with it's back half crushed and the top half still trying to 'go.' I guess I should have pulled over and hit it with a shovel. I didn't have the courage nor the strength of will... Thus I consigned the bunny to a drawn out death in the roadside hedge.

So in answer to the question... Half flat, not quite dead, but the prognosis is not a '"longterm" one.

And so the painful walk to the hedge begins.

Oh well.

Kosh

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The only cause of my flatness is that this season will soon end, and from the emotion dragged to the surface watching the season highlights from goals to tragedy.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Feel gutted but maybe its because we have just been spanking everyone off the park we could have gone into yhis game needing to win to get to the boro game so least we take it to the last game.when the scum beat us in the playoffs after the draw away came out of that feeling like we hsd won already and they beat us.so its do able I ll be alright tomorrow and bang up for it I still think were the best side in this league.we owe boro big time for xmas.UP THE ALBION

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think I should feel flat right now but I do.

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?

Yes, but it will pass. Its the sense of entitlement that causes the corrosion of the soul. Let that go, and all will be lovely :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would have felt far flatter if we hadn't scrambled an equaliser right at the death. Straight shoot out next Saturday, which will either be a legendary result or not. And even if its not, there's still a further route to the loot with the strongest Amex era squad we've ever had. I'll take that!

Nov 5, 2012
chichester
I'm still confident and if we only needed a point I think we could have been a bit complacent so the scenario we find ourselves in is maybe helpful. I just want it done now. So excited about this time next week if we pull it off. Can't imagine waiting for those fixtures to come out. If there is a God we will be away at Emirates first game. :O

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
We are bound to feel flat. One of our two challengers has been promoted and is out of the race. A win next week is now a must and we remain third. But there is still a chance. We will all be more positive come tomorrow morning I am sure.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's going to be all about team spirit next week more than anything else. We need to pick up and fast.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here