Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal... what's going on?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
we gave a bit of time to Tomori so his last game was no longer the Lincoln own goal .

I see you didn't go to Barnsley or if you did left early. Tomori came on at the end of the Barnsley game. Probably the shortest playing time ever, never touched the ball and the full time whistle went very shortly after he came on

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Kayal will get back in the side soon enough, he is way too good not too.

While Sidwell is playing so well you cant change it.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Norwood became a father recently which may be a factor.

I should imagine his last performance may weigh slightly more on Chris's shall-I-play-him scales....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a touch more serious than that.

Poc spent a lot of the second half holding his inner right thigh.
Who has since tweet words to the effect of 'now it's recovery time'.
Oh shit.

I see you didn't go to Barnsley or if you did left early. Tomori came on at the end of the Barnsley game. Probably the shortest playing time ever, never touched the ball and the full time whistle went very shortly after he came on
Ah. I didn't know, but guess that doesn't really count.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The big worry is when Dunk gets banned again.Who will replace him? Tomori or the German?
Uwe all the way, although it's a proper catch 22.

Just as Murphy needed 2 and a half games of sporadic decent football, before being up to speed and producing like he did on Saturday.
I'd like to see Uwe getting game time.
But the last thing I want to see is the back 5 changed.

Still, not my problem. :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kayal will get back in the side soon enough, he is way too good not too.

As I've said before, it seems Kayal is held in higher regard by Albion fans than by anyone else.

Yes, he's good but I don't think he's THAT good, and this season has illustrated that we can do just fine without him. He's barely kicked a ball since September yet we're top of the table. I suspect many would have said we'd struggle without him for so long.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Agree that Sidwell should continue to start but surely Kayal should be getting a few sub minutes to keep him up to speed?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The big worry is when Dunk gets banned again.Who will replace him? Tomori or the German?

Leeds , Newcastle , Sheff Weds and Reading all have players approaching bans, as i suspect Hudderfield as well. It goes with the territory this time of year . Jansen at leads is one game away as is i think the Newcastle CB

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As I've said before, it seems Kayal is held in higher regard by Albion fans than by anyone else.

Yes, he's good but I don't think he's THAT good, and this season has illustrated that we can do just fine without him. He's barely kicked a ball since September yet we're top of the table. I suspect many would have said we'd struggle without him for so long.

He was outstanding last season but really hasn't stood out at all this time out. Not saying he's a bad player, just that he IS dispensable in a way that 4 or 5 others aren't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He was outstanding last season but really hasn't stood out at all this time out. Not saying he's a bad player, just that he IS dispensable in a way that 4 or 5 others aren't.

Oh, I'm absolutely not saying he's a bad player as he's clearly not. The only real fault I would level at him, and it is being pedantic, is I've never felt he's weighed in with quite enough goals.

In some ways it reminds me of Dean Hammond in that he often seems to get in decent positions, but his finishing lets him down.

Anyway, it's all good. King Kayal was unavailable to us and we kept marching on. He's back now and ready to get stuck in when called upon.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Kayal isn't match fit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get 15 mins at Forest and a full game at Rotherham. Then a decision for Hughton against Derby. Sidwell has been great but 3 matches in 6 days?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Hmmm, he was absolutely brilliant last season. I'm sure CH wanted to get him back in partnership with Stephens as soon as possible, but he has now abandoned that idea, so something isn't right there. His 15 minute cameo against Burton was woeful, giving the ball away with each of his first two touches and leading to Burton's only sustained period of pressure, and after that it seems that CH doesn't trust him. I was amazed he didn't come on against Ipswich when we needed more in midfield than Sidwell's work-rate, and after that disappointment I really thought he would start at Barnsley. Not sure what CH does with him now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kayal isn't match fit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get 15 mins at Forest and a full game at Rotherham. Then a decision for Hughton against Derby. Sidwell has been great but 3 matches in 6 days?
On my many trips to the league table, Derby is my stand out team.

It's February.
The Albion are top.
The team has a play off guaranteeing 71 points points.

and

and

Are 23 points with + 25 g/d ahead of big spending Derby. :lolol:

I'm not sure any team decision for the Derby game will be keeping CH up at night.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Oh, I'm absolutely not saying he's a bad player as he's clearly not. The only real fault I would level at him, and it is being pedantic, is I've never felt he's weighed in with quite enough goals.

In some ways it reminds me of Dean Hammond in that he often seems to get in decent positions, but his finishing lets him down.

Anyway, it's all good. King Kayal was unavailable to us and we kept marching on. He's back now and ready to get stuck in when called upon.

The two current midfielders are not exactly prolific though are they, with the exception of Sidwell's long range effort of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here