Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Ok. So [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] and I will skip past him and pass to each other for now then. To stop this, [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] should post in this thread and PM [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] and maybe both of us who are next to him in the draft.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ok. So [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] and I will skip past him and pass to each other for now then. To stop this, [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] should post in this thread and PM [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] and maybe both of us who are next to him in the draft.

It could simply be that Max Paper is away on holiday for the last week and hasn't logged in for that reason. I think we should wait a little longer (maybe 1 or 2 more rounds of picks before freezing them out.

Anyway [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] has until 09:33 after which [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] will be free to pick.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Don't think David luiz has gone so I'll have him [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Okee dokes.

Sticking this £19m signing for Manchester City in at the back.

Two time premier league winner and FA Cup winner, Aleksandar Kolarov

kolarov.jpg

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I was wondering what would happen if someone dropped out well before the end of the draft (not sugguesting Max Papaer is or will drop out).

In the last draft we had someone stop a few picks from the end but i thought the solution of picking a couple of players at the end to fill in the blanks was acceptable, but what if they still need half a team or more?

I can't see it being fair if the choices they have already made are thrown back into the pot as it would favour whoever was next to go as they would be able to pick up a first round choice deep into the competition. - If they say they quit, do we just freeze them out? and if they change their minds and return before the end, do we just let them catch up?

The players wouldn't be thrown back in to the draft if he dropped out, simply isn't fair as you've said.

It's a tough one, he hasn't been on for a week, but obviously I'd rather not boot somebody out.

I'd say give him his next pick (as GF says, he hasn't been online for a week so potentially he's been on holiday.) but after that freeze him out. He'd be allowed to catch up whenever he gets online if he wants, and if he doesn't get online by the end of the draft then we could either use him as a free slot, or make a "Best of the rest" team, where people suggest players that didn't get picked to make a team.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Filling in at left back for me, having won 3 Premier League trophies, 2 FA cups, a league cup, and a Uefa cup winners cup...

NIGEL WINTERBURN. Boom.
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] you are up.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Filling in at left back for me, having won 3 Premier League trophies, 2 FA cups, a league cup, and a Uefa cup winners cup...

NIGEL WINTERBURN. Boom.
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] you are up.
Why you little....

Oct 25, 2003
that was quick back round to me...i'm torn on who i'm going to have between my STICKS but i've made a decision. His world cup and european championship wins have swung it for me. He was a great shot stopper if a little bit erratic but on his day he was a fantastic asset

FABIAN BARTHEZ

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well now, my delight is unbounded that my next pick has unfathomably fallen this low in the draft. He may have only played one season in the premier league before moving into player-management but what a season it was. Good enough to be voted runner up in the Footballer of the Year and his teams Player of the Year, it was his signing more than any other that propelled his team from being a run of the mill team into the formidable trophy collecting machine it is today. Not content with transforming one club, he is also pivotal in the transformation of the premier league, being by far the highest calibre foreign player to move to th League. In his wake came many,many others. What calibre are we talking? We're talking Ballon d'Or winner, we're talking integral to one of, if not the, greatest club sides in world football of the past 30 years, we're talking not just integral but captaining his country to their only major honour, we're talking the only player capable of holding a candle to his contemporary and possibly worlds greatest player ever, Diego Maradonna, we're talking

Ruud Gullit

gullit10.jpg

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Well now, my delight is unbounded that my next pick has unfathomably fallen this low in the draft. He may have only played one season in the premier league before moving into player-management but what a season it was. Good enough to be voted runner up in the Footballer of the Year and his teams Player of the Year, it was his signing more than any other that propelled his team from being a run of the mill team into the formidable trophy collecting machine it is today. Not content with transforming one club, he is also pivotal in the transformation of the premier league, being by far the highest calibre foreign player to move to th League. In his wake came many,many others. What calibre are we talking? We're talking Ballon d'Or winner, we're talking integral to one of, if not the, greatest club sides in world football of the past 30 years, we're talking not just integral but captaining his country to their only major honour, we're talking the only player capable of holding a candle to his contemporary and possibly worlds greatest player ever, Diego Maradonna, we're talking

Ruud Gullit

View attachment 63129

Oh **** off.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Ruud Gullit

Oh well played sir. That is a find!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So, pick eight. Remember when Arsenal were good? I mean properly good. When they won things. When they won things every season. When they won doubles. When they won league titles without losing a game. My next pick does. He should, he was an integral part of those teams. He won two league titles and three F.A cups in his time at Arsenal. He's not a flair player, but he is one of the five best right backs to ever play in the premier league. He will forever be known as an invincible, he is Laureano Bisan-Etame Mayer, better known to you and me as:

Lauren

gun__1278324422_lauren_trophy.jpg
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] the baton passes back to you.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
With my starting 11 three quarters done the team and formation is beginning to take shape.

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=64c5

Reina - F.A cup
Southgate - Promoted to premier league
Lauren - won premier league
Keane - Relegated from premier league
Gullit - won a top flight foreign league
Toure - 70 international caps
Torres - played in a world cup final
Tevez - Played a competitive game against Brighton

Edit: my team might be taking shape but my computer skills clearly aren't. I don't know how to embed the formation picture so if you can be arsed you'll have to clik on the link.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here