Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Final, Croatia v France 2018

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Quite right. Giroud is a good player at any level. Only an idiot would think someone with 31 goals in 79 internationals and 73 goals in 180 games (many as sub) for Arsenal is a donkey. You don’t get in this France team by accident.

To be fair, if you've got eyes you don't need the stats :wink:

I know I should be grateful for what we have, but how good would he look in the stripes?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How ungentlemany, the only person without an umbrella on the stage is now the female Croatian president :rolleyes:

Oh they’ve managed to find her one at last

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Well done to France. Brilliant world cup, loads of goals, big teams going out early and even England got to a semi and have the golden boot winner too :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They decided the script before the match and stuck with it, despite all evidence to the contrary. They just couldn’t resist the ‘population of 4 million’ angle so didn’t look at HOW it has happened.

France have beaten Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium in their knockout games. That is tough. Croatia have beaten Denmark (on penalties), Russia (on penalties) and England (just). France are on a different level and just as good as Germany were in 2014.

Yes, worthy winners.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The better side on the day lost. Robbed by an appalling var/ref decision.

It seems that the "experiment" with VAR has been an unmitigated disaster at this World Cup?

Every "iffy" decision has been got totally wrong by the Video Assistant Referee, and have those decisions have cost teams games.
If it is going to be a trusted device to sort out all the controversial decisions, then the officials need more practice with it.
If it is going to be used at Euro 2020, I just hope it doesn't cost us a game if we get through to the latter stages. We shall see!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Didn't watch it as I didn't want to see those French players falling over at every given opportunity, it is getting to be a joke.
I watched them play against Australia and made a promise to myself never to watch another of their games, nearly switched off at half time during that game too, I know quite a few Aussies who did.
They do have talent but also after Brazil are the biggest cheats.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It seems that the "experiment" with VAR has been an unmitigated disaster at this World Cup?

Every "iffy" decision has been got totally wrong by the Video Assistant Referee, and have those decisions have cost teams games.
If

You seem confused. VAR doesn’t make any decisions. The referee did

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good to see the French smashing up their own country to celebrate too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports